October -- Infants & Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Re: October -- Infants & Toddlers

Winter- I was trying to write that I'm glad I can finally update from my iPad....but the screen froze :-). Winter, that would break my heart. Is he happy when he's there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

LLLE, we're actually good with daycare right now.  One thing that's going well!  :)
    Winter - I'm so sorry to hear that; it is really tough.  We went through that crazy crying for a couple of weeks at drop off.  Is this a new place?  You guys changed places at one point, I think...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

yeah, we changed last April... and although there are certain days that go better (when his primary is there at drop off), in general, it is a problem every day. I don't give in, when I am leaving I leave, trying not to make it worse- but I can see him outside from the windows hysterically screaming. 

I can't tell if this is a separation anxiety thing (some kids have it worse than others) or he really doesn't like it there? they seem great- and he is always running around playing when I get there for pick up and they indicate it is "normal" (Although the other kids at drop off aren't doing it like him).  how much time do you guys spend with your LOs in the morning? He gets up, has a bottle while I change him, and then we drive to daycare. Maybe he needs more mommy time in the AM? I am so worried about sleep that I don't get him up any earlier- but he has loved it the few times he has woken up early.

and nene, that is hysterical. gotta love technology.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Wow, the change was in April?  Time flies...

That's so hard.  :(  When you are looking from outside the windows, can he see you?  If he can't see you, can you get a sense of how long he cries for?  Honestly, if the daycare thinks it's normal, it's probably normal... but that doesn't make it easy.

I do think our LO fares better in general when we have more time getting ready to go somewhere.  For her, it's not the amount of minutes per se, it's more about rushing.  If I'm rushing around and no one is paying attention to her, she is cranky.  If someone is acting like it's just a relaxed good time, she's okay.  I don't have any suggestions about how to make that happen, though.  I have the same problem and also don't want to wake her up earlier.  And don't really want to wake myself up earlier, either!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Winter-I definitely notice a difference when DD sleeps in. She usually starts her day at 5 and she is dropped off at 7:30. She has her morning bottle with me while DH is in the shower and spends most of the morning with him. This schedule works for us because she goes to bed at 5:45 and doesn't see him in the evening ( he is also a morning person). This weekend, however, I went away and she was a bit more clingy at drop off on Monday. Forgive me if you've mentioned this earlier but do they help with the transition? When DD is more clingy or fussy than usual, staff distracts her. They allow me to say goodbye and then distract her.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

GC - How's the Miralax going for DD?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

One year old today!  I can't believe it!  She had her birthday party over the weekend and LOVED her cupcake.  She did not, however, love the clapping and cheering after singing Happy Birthday.  We'll see how it goes tonight when we do it again, just the three of us. 

I'm so glad I came on the wedding boards 3+ years ago and have found all of you!  This board has helped me through a wedding, TTC, a miscarriage, a breech baby, a c-section, a breastfeeding challenge, and an entire year of motherhood.  Looking forward to what's next!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Happy Birthday Baby Luv! I feel the same way!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Happy birthday Little Luv!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Happy birthday baby Luv! Ditto about this board!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Poppy, so cute!!  Love the outfit.

KT-Back to work is going fine.  A lot has changed at my job with a big company outsourcing our IT area but I am ok for now.  It is a very hard place to be at.  People are really down. Other than that, we are back in our routine.  I am home 2-3 days a week and it is hard so i have to get work done at night when DH is home. 

AFM - My kids updates.  DD has been pooping regularly now that she has been on the miralax for a few weeks.  Now we just have to get her on the potty.  Her peeing is pretty good.  She has more good days than bad.  I think using a pull up has really slowed us down but i really did not have a choice with the pooping issue.

DS is still sleeping like a champ at night.  He eats between 7-8 and sleeps still around 6.  I still have him next to me in the fisher price napper.  I need to get him in the crib but I love having him next to me.  I know he will sleep fine, It is just easy if he wakes up to roll over and give him the binky.  Maybe getting my butt out of bed would give me a little exercise.  I did really well losing the baby weight but i have put weight on since. very aggravating. I need to stop finishing DD snacks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

quad- I feel the same way about snacks- organic baby does not = healthy (and/or weight loss)... but I pretend it does!! and Luv- I feel the same way about the boards- happy birthday to your little one!

nene- they do help a bit with transitioning. However, now that he can run around, it is much harder. He will try to throw himself to the ground if they are holding him, or worse grab onto my clothes (and/or hair) and not let go. There are two teachers that are better than others- one (his primary) lets him have whatever he wants to play with... which definately helps. However, he still screams. His primary today said that she was surprised he was still doing it.  bed at 5:45? I am not even home from work with him that early. maybe he is just sleep deprived and losing IQ points...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hey Quad - I know you don't need parenting advice from me, but I just have to mention... We used the Fisher Price newborn rocker up until DD was about 8 weeks.  I had promised myself she'd go to the crib at that point, but what really motivated me was that I felt that her head was getting the tiniest bit flat from sleeping in that rocker.  I put a folded up receiving blanket under the cover for some extra padding, but still worried enough to get a move on.
    It was funny because some random person had posted on here about her kid getting a flat head from the rocker and a lot of people told her she was being ridiculous, but I witnessed it myself.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Winter- the only reason DD goes down that early is because I work in a high school and start work at 7:45. When I returned to work, I was hoping for a 6:30 bedtime but DD made it clear that was not happening. DH sn't a big fan of the early bedtime and MIL thinks I'm crazy. Can daycare suggest anything to help with the transition?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

winter - anyway DH can do the drop off for now? one of my co-workers was telling me how DH has to do the drop off because when she does it, her DD melts down in the room but when DH drops off, then DD just runs off with no tears or anything. I know it seems like it is easier for us when DH does the drop off/pickup than me (although DS is now relatively easy to drop off - especially if there is a buggy out and an empty seat - then he could care less where I am as long as he gets put into that buggy, otherwise he is okay if he gets to cuddle with his teacher and his buddies are already there). One thing we did have to start doing this month is that nursing before daycare was no longer enough, he now has to have a snack or he is more likely to melt down when I leave him in the classroom (we found this out when he was fussy earlier this month and then his teacher gave him a pouch to eat, which got him all calm and ready to wave bye-bye to me even though at home, he showed no signs of being hungry - so now, DH gives him some snack before I take him to daycare along with our usual morning nursing - unfortunately, it has to be DH to give him the snack because when it is me, he usually throws it on the floor in favor of nursing, then he is more likely to melt down at daycare until he gets a snack).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In Response to Re: October -- Infants & Toddlers:
    [QUOTE]Hey Quad - I know you don't need parenting advice from me, but I just have to mention... We used the Fisher Price newborn rocker up until DD was about 8 weeks.  I had promised myself she'd go to the crib at that point, but what really motivated me was that I felt that her head was getting the tiniest bit flat from sleeping in that rocker.  I put a folded up receiving blanket under the cover for some extra padding, but still worried enough to get a move on. It was funny because some random person had posted on here about he kid getting a flat head from the rocker and a lot of people told her she was being ridiculous, but I witnessed it myself.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

We have the rocker too and it is my fave baby item, got us through many dinners in the early days. He naps in it now but I never let him sleep in it for a long time. I read the reviews on amazon and looks like all the bad reviews are from moms complaining of flat heads. Such a shame bc it's really good for babies with reflux. Also happy bday baby poppy and luv!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Happy Birthday baby luv!

Sorry medford I think I meant winter.  I'm telling you I can't keep anything straight these days.  I could use a vacation!

winter DS always had a harder time with me dropping off before I went back to work then DH but it did take a while for him to adjust and according to DH he would be screaming at drop off.  Now he is fine and happy at dropoff.  Regarding morning time I'm not sure if it helps or not but DS wakes around 6:30 most days and DH brings him to school around 8-8:30am (our daycare is two blocks from our house so there is no real commute).  They have breakfast at home, play, get dressed and stuff before heading off.  I hope things get better I know it can be heartbreaking!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

DH works about 20 minutes in the opposite direction from our house... so it isn't an option anymore for DH to drop off (about 50 minutes for him from work to center).  when we made the transition to the new daycare, it was because a spot at my work facility opened. it is a real problem sometimes... because traveling for work is now impossible! and it clearly increased my stress level, because I have to do the sick pick ups now.  But a part of the reason we switched was because I was having a real hard time making it to pick DS up everyday with the freeway commute.  There were a few problems at our old place as well.

wow. you guys have a lot more "Awake" time with your little ones in the morning- we have to leave so early, I let him sleep but maybe he is hungry and i should feel him more before we leave.  ironically, today at drop off it went fine because he was the designated "fish feeder" at the center for the morning.... maybe that should be the case more mornings!!

wagner- doesn't it make you feel for single parents. I thank my lucky stars all the time that DH is able to do things that I can't (and vice versa).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

oh and happy friday! I saw this on facebook (i promise to post a picture soon!!) and wanted to share.  I sincerely hope that this is a troll, before trolls had technology... but it may not be!! http://badmommymoments.com/2008/11/16/why-dont-friends-with-kids-have-time/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Winter - hang in there.
    And, fish feeder?  That's so cool.  Does he actually put the food in himself??

I honestly don't know how single parents do it.  Kudos to them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

I can not imagine having a child without any support network, especially without DH to help out (it is interesting to see how different DS interacts with me and DH and amusing how DS will try sometimes to wiggle in between if I give DH a hug or just lean against him on the couch). Being a single mom has got to be among some of the toughest jobs out there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Thanks about the flat head advice!  I knew that could be a concern but I have been on top of it and had the doctor check and he seems to be ok.  Flat head always worried me with both kids. 

DD was in reg bassinett when she was born.  My sister bought the rocker for her son and then I borrowed it and fell in love.  I have been saying this for the past 4 weekends, but I am going to put him in the crib tonight...fingers crossed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsBride. Show BsBride's posts

In Response to Re: October -- Infants & Toddlers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: October -- Infants & Toddlers : We have the rocker too and it is my fave baby item, got us through many dinners in the early days. He naps in it now but I never let him sleep in it for a long time. I read the reviews on amazon and looks like all the bad reviews are from moms complaining of flat heads. Such a shame bc it's really good for babies with reflux. Also happy bday baby poppy and luv!
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

hmm, I used the rock and play from 10 weeks to 6 months (helped sooo much with the reflux) and my little guy's head is super round, never a hint at a flat spot. Maybe because we didn't start until 10 weeks?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

My daughter started to get a flat head, and I had her in a crib from the very first day.  She only liked to sleep fn the right side of her head, I had a heck of a time getting her to sleep on the left side. Thankfully it never got bad enough that we needed a helmet or anything - but it was close. So flat head can occur anywhere - not just in the rocker.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

From what I understand, a lot of the flat head symptoms can result from weaker neck muscles, that's why tummy time is important -- it's less about keeping the head off a surface and more about encouraging neck strength.