OT: Docs in Metro North/North Shore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

OT: Docs in Metro North/North Shore

I moved to Wakefield a year ago, but because I was pregnant and seeing my OB, I never found a primary care doc up here (my old one was with Belmont Med inCambridge). Any recommendations for this area? I'm also in need of a good dentist and eye doctor. I think I posted the dentist question awhile back but can't find the thread :-/.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liv22. Show Liv22's posts

Re: OT: Docs in Metro North/North Shore

I don't go to the eye doctor, but DH and his family go to Dr. Peter Violette on North Ave in Wakefield. He is across from the end of the parking for the commuter rail before the set of lights at the lake. I think its called the Optical House.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I second Dr. Violette I see him as well and he is excellent. Liv is right that is the name of his office.  I don't have a primary care doctor, I see one closer to where I work. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Is Danvers too far?  North Shore Physicians Group has tons of locations (http://www.northshorephysicians.org/offices.php).  I recently started seeing Dr. Erika Santoro (for my PCP) and really, really like her a lot.  She's young and very friendly with a great attitude about medicine.  And she's a somewhat new mom herself so we have a lot in common.  They are affiliated with Partners and the new MGH North Shore, which is a really gorgeous facility.  And its MGH!

I'm still trying to find a good dentist.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Thanks, liv and Winter. I'll checkout Dr. Violette. IPW, Danvers is a bit of a drive but it's much better than Cambridge, and Dr. Santoro sounds like just what I'm looking for. Thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Arcain, I've had great experiences at Harvard Vanguard in Burlington, but I've only been to my PCP once.  Most visits have been OB and pedi.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I live in Wakefield, but my Primary Care doctor, Eye Doctor, and Dentist are all in Downtown Boston.  Partly from when I lived in the North End, but also because I can get to my appointments from work, and I don't have to worry about coming in to work on the commuter rail off-schedule after a 9am doctor's appointment.  For me, it made more sense to be closer to work, since most of these appointments are in the middle of the work day. 

However, now that I have a child and have to take days off to take her to the doctor (local to home), it may make sense to move my providers to Wakefield as well.  Do others prefer to have their doctors closer to home or work, and what obstacles do you run into with that setup? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from header2. Show header2's posts

My PCP is with Stoneham Medical Group on Montvale Ave.  I see Dr. Cabrera and she is great.  She is young and very understanding about my concerns.  My son's pediatrician is at Dowd Medical in Reading.  They are AWESOME.  It is a small practice and they are open nights and have hours on the weekends.  Also they are really good about getting you in on a sick call.  The other thing that is great about them is that if you call late at night with a concern, one of the doctor's in the practice call you back, not some random person.  Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from header2. Show header2's posts

Also my son sees a children's dentist at Children's Dental Care in Stoneham.  Dr. B is wonderful with the kids and she really makes kids who may be nervous about seeing the dentist feel more comfortable