Pathetic, but awesome - Mommy Treat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

Pathetic, but awesome - Mommy Treat

Like the headline says, I admit this is kind of pathetic, but also sort of awesome, for me anyway.

I've noticed a few local malls (I've seen them at Arsenal in Watertown and Chestnut Hill in Newton, maybe others) have walk in massage storefronts.  You can get a 15 minute massage for $15.

I love that I don't need an appointment, and if I can get the LO to behave/sleep I don't have the hassle or expense of scheduling a sitter.  It's not really expensive, but it still soothes my muscles when they're  sore from holding sick kids, or stress.  You can even go with a friend and switch off so someone is minding the kids.

It's not a full on spa-like experience, you won't necessarily feel pampered or zen, but it's amazing what just minutes will do.

I know it's sort of silly, but I figured it's worth mentioning in case there's other mothers out there who deserve a treat (all of you).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

Re: Pathetic, but awesome - Mommy Treat

Why pathetic?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

Because 15 minutes of something nice feels like a big treat.  That's just a pathetically low standard.  But with no time (or budget) for a fabulous caribean vacation, I'll take it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

BDC really needs a "like" button :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I've seen that place at the Arsenal. I assumed it was a front for hand jobs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

It totally made my day that the boards allow "hand job" but don't allow p00p.