Pediatrician Recs? (Newton-Wellelsey Hospital & vicinity)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

Pediatrician Recs? (Newton-Wellelsey Hospital & vicinity)

Hi everyone!  Another post looking for a pediatrician...  I live pretty close to NWH, so somebody there would certainly be an option.  Also anyone in Newton, Needham, Wellesley, Dedham areas.  I had the name of someone at NWH, but found out they are not accepting new patients at this time :( 

Thanks for any help!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Re: Pediatrician Recs? (Newton-Wellelsey Hospital & vicinity)

Hi lesal, our pediatrician is at Dedham Medical Associates  in Dedham (which seems obvious, but that also have a Norwood practice).  They are affiliated with NWH and with Children's.  We have been very happy.  Several of DD's daycare buddies also go there.  They have weekend and evening hours and there is a lab on site as well.  Our pedi is Martha Perry, and we absolutely love her, but we've seen a few other people in the practice as well and they were also good.  The website is: http://www.dedhammedical.com/site/pediatrics.asp. I believe they have "meet the pediatrician" nights where you can go and talk to them about the practice.  They will also meet with you prior to your baby being born as well so you can ask all the questions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

thanks am!  I just left a message to rsvp for the next Meet the Pediatricians night.  and ack -- there's only one more between now and my due date so I hope they can take me!!  I feel so guilty for putting this off til the last minute.  Now that you mention it, I think I remember a previous thread that talked about Dedham Medical, but I had totally forgotten about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leesee1981. Show leesee1981's posts

Hey lesal.  Dr. Roger Spingarn is located in Newton.  I have a 3 month old and he has been very patient with my own and my husband's questions.  At our last appointment we decided to make an appointment with a different Md in the practice so that we could get to know other members of the practice.  Her first name was Elizabeth and she was also great.  Everyone at this practice (doctors, nurses, receptionists, etc) have been great and have been very informative.  I highly recommend this practice.  Good luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoWayNotNow. Show NoWayNotNow's posts

Needham Pediatrics is awesome- we have had Dr. jane brown since my son was born - he is 18 months

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from corsetkitty. Show corsetkitty's posts

This may be out of your travel zone but Lynn Wachs at MGH West is amazing.  She's been our pedi for over a year and she is just awesome.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laha8. Show laha8's posts

I highly recommend Dr. Michael Zackin at Pediatric Associates of Wellesley (the office is in Weston on Rte. 30). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMcW. Show JMcW's posts

http://www.nwfpediatrics.com/medicalstaff.html

Dr. David Dominguez from Newton Wellesley Family Pediatrics is wonderful (link above). They are located in the hospital. He was on call the day my son was born (April) and we changed the pediatrician we had originally picked because we liked him so much. We've moved and have now gone through 2 other pediatricians that we have not been happy with. We really miss him. Doesn't overreact but very thorough. Made us feel at ease being 1st time parents.