Smartphone Diaper Checker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sting919. Show sting919's posts

Smartphone Diaper Checker

For the moms out there that still have young babies/children who wear diapers, could you see yourself buying and using a product that allows you to use your smartphone to check if your baby has wet their diapers WITHOUT taking off their clothes and pants?  

I know that diapers currently have a wet indicator strip that changes colors when the diaper is wet. However, I am trying to see if it would be valuable for mothers to have a product that:

• is a reusable, thin sensor that detects when the the diaper is wet
    • when a smartphone is waved over the sensor, which is comfortably hidden under the baby's clothes, the smartphone can tell if the diaper needs changing (think of a smart barcode scanner)

I'd imagine that this could help save a mother's time and hassle from undressing their child to get to the diaper to see if it needs to be changed. But if the product doesn't seem that valuable or helpful, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

Re: Smartphone Diaper Checker

I had no idea the SNL skit writers were commenting on this forum...that's a good one!  Does it work with the Huggies Thongs?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I guess it's helpful if you don't have a nose or hands, but otherwise, not so much.

All you have to do to check a diaper is pat - if it's wet, it feels hard. No need to undress at all.

BTW - I'm sure the whole thing is a joke - but I'll just add that I don't want my phone anywhere near my kids diaper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Wait, so you have to remember to put the sensor onto the new diaper? I just see myself throwing out a lot of sensors. I'll agree with the other mom's that it's frivilous since wet diapers usually have a way of making themselves known, but it's kind of impractical to add an additional step to the whole diaper changing process.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no...  I can't even imagine my friend with triplets would use that, and she can use all the help she can get.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She pinches the diapers to see if they are wet; I guess the density changes such that she can tell through their clothes, anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

I don't know, misslily... I'm super excited about the idea of putting an electronic sensor into my baby's diaper!

(Sidebar: if this isn't totally fake, then I envision a group of 23 year olds given the task of taking the "hot" mom market for apps by storm!!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sadly, I guess it's the latter...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Ha! I assumed the latter as well!