Storyland/ Santa's Village for young toddler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beachgal68. Show beachgal68's posts

Storyland/ Santa's Village for young toddler

I think this discussion has come up before, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips, advice or recommendations for bringing a 19 month old to Storyland and Santa's village. Are there enough attractions for the under 2 set? Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from smithie02. Show smithie02's posts

Re: Storyland/ Santa's Village for young toddler

I took my daughter to Storyland last year when she was about 22 months old.  If you turn right when you walk in there is a portion of the park that is geared towards the younger set with a tree house they can climb in and all sorts of small things they can do.  Then the fairy tales "come alive" with animals just after that.  Bunnies for Peter Rabbit etc.  She loved this area and spent most of her time there.  Then we did quieter rides like the boats, visited Cinderellas castle and went on the merry go round. 

A little tip, if you go after 3pm or something on one day, your admission is good the following day.  So we just did 2-3 hour trips with her, rather than an entire day so she didn't melt down while we were there.

Sorry, no tips for santa's village.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Haven't been to either in years, but a co-worker went to both when her daughter was aruond 18 months and said Santa's Village was better.  I had been leaning towards Storyland myself since DD doesn't really know what Santa is yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I really think StoryLand is better than Santa's Village for younger toddlers. My son is all grown up now..but Storyland was his very first vacation at 2 years old and he loved it.

I think they get a little more out of it when they are 3-4 but really 19 months is not to young to enjoy.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasMM379. Show wasMM379's posts

Personally, I preferred Santa's Village - better laid out, more shade. At the time, the water park offered more for a wider range of ages from infant/tod splash pad to bigger kids and adults whereas Storyland only had a splashpad.  Not sure if that has changed.  Basically, you can find pretty similar rides at both. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from codesforkids. Show codesforkids's posts

We just took a 2 year old and it was almost overwhelming. We did about 1/2 of the park and will go back and do more another day. It might be too much for a younger child.

Wendy
    Codes For Kids
    Discreet Identification for Children
    www.codesforkids.com