Leap Pad, or other tablet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Leap Pad, or other tablet?

DS#1 (3.2 yo) is completely enthralled with my iPad, but it is a work device so I don't really like him playing with it. I'd like to get him his own device, but am looking for feedback. I like the idea of a Leap Pad because it is durable, but I don't like the fact that you are limited to leapfrog apps. I don't want to spend the $$ on an iPad or iPad mini for a 3 yo. Anyone have any experience with either the Leap Pad or an Android tablet? Feedback or suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Leap Pad, or other tablet?

Have you looked for older iPads on eBay or craig's?  Maybe you can get one there super "3 yo" cheap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

http://www.komando.com/tips/index.aspx?id=13057

I have found a lot of good buying tips regarding laptops etc at this website.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dz76. Show dz76's posts

DD1 got a Leap Pad from a relative for her 4th birthday in late July. It has taken several months but she has finally warmed up to it and really enjoys her "iPad". I also dislike the app/game situation for the Leap Pad.  They are really pricey.  I've heard of other parents getting kids a Kindle Fire or Nook instead of the Leap Pad and really liking that option. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SAW73. Show SAW73's posts

We decided on the Kurio Tablet for kids, because it seemed to be the one that would grow with DS the best. He is 3 1/2 and we previously got him a Mobigo, but I find the games are too young or too old and the whole cartridge thing is just a pain in the rear! He's really into music and it has both a regular and front facing camera. My DH really looked into them. I ended up getting it from Best Buy, because I think they have the best warranty.