Concerned (kinda gross topic)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

Concerned (kinda gross topic)

I left a voicemail at my doctors office, but wanted to see if I can find some comfort here in the meantime.  When I got to work, I went to the bathroom and found some discharge in my underwear (sorry, this is gross).  It wasn’t exactly bloody, but it had a kinda brown tint to it...it kinda reminded me of what I would get right before my period started.  I am now 15 weeks and I haven’t had any kind of discharge or spotting until this point.  Is this normal or something to worry about?

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Concerned (kinda gross topic)

I didn't have any spotting during my pg, but I know MANY women on here did and it was nothing to be concerned about. The dr. will prob have you come in and check to see if everything is alright just to be sure.  A lot of women have spotting/bleeding throughout their entire pregnancy and have very healthy babies.  Try to take your mind off of it, I'm sure you are just fine! :) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hi - I had spotting in my 1st tri in both of my pregnancies and some spotting in my 2nd tri in my current pregnancy (at 17 weeks).  So I've been through the rounds.  The first thing they will probably ask you is if you've had intercourse recently.  Lots of times this can cause cervical bleeding because the cervix has a lot of blood in it right now.  Since you are into your 2nd tri, they may suspect your placenta is low.  They probably will tell you that it doesn't sound like a miscarriage because the amount of blood you've seen is so tiny and brown (brown=old blood)but they may have you come in for an u/s just to check and make sure everything is ok.  For me, everything was fine in each case and they never did find the source of the spotting for my current pregnancy (now 27 weeks along) but suspected it to be cervical.  For my first, I had a polyp on my cervix (kind of like a skin tag) that was falling off.  Oh, if you are RH-negative they will probably have you come in for a rhogam shot.

HTH!  You're probably fine:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

Thanks, that does make me feel better.  I think I am just paranoid because I just told my boss yesterday that I'm pg, and then this morning I found that.  I haven't heard back from my doctor yet, but I'm sure it is fine.  I have an u/s in 3 weeks so I assume if she isn't concerned she may just have me wait until then.

I've been to the bathroom several more times this morning and everything has been normal since.  Thanks for making me feel better...

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Brown is fine which means old blood.  Could be any number of things and 99.999% of the time, nothing to worry about.  Especially if there isn't any cramping, headaches etc.  My OB always told me to call if there was any sign of everything - so no worries, they encourage me to call for anytihng so I don't drive myself nuts with owrry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Spotting is very common and usually nothing to worry about especially if it's a small amount and brown.  I'd say "never" anything to worry about, but the math geek in me refuses to ever say there's a 0% chance of anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

Thanks everyone...your replies were very comforting.  My nurse called and said if I see anymore today or the next few days to call back and she'll have me come in then, but it didn't sound troublesome (it was just that bit in my undies this morning, but it was clear when I wiped and there hasn't been anymore since....sorry, TMI).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Leila, I'm glad the nurse was encouraging.  Good luck--try not to worry!  I had some spotting in the first trimester for about a week and completely freaked out about it, and of course it was nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Don't worry - there is never TMI on the pregnancy boards :o)
    I had spotting around 18 weeks (I think) and it was actual red blood, but turned out to be nothing to worry about.  I went in for an ultrasound just in case.  The OB's guess was that it was from my external ultrasound a few days earlier - just from being poked and prodded.  Who knows!  Glad you've been put at ease!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

I had spotting with my first pregnancy at 8 weeks and really freaked out. It turned out to just be "breakthrough bleeding" and it happened 1 or 2 more times. I'm not sure if this is comforting or not, but what my doctor said at the time was "if you are miscarrying it's already going to happen and we can't stop it." But if you have no cramping (I didn't either) that is a good sign. Early pregnancy is so nerve wracking sometimes!