Daycares and/or Home Day cares near Andover/North Reading?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

Daycares and/or Home Day cares near Andover/North Reading?

Hi everyone,

So I'm at the 3 month mark and someone said I should start lookiing into daycares already. (Is this true?)

If yes, does anyone have any good recommendations for either traditional day cares or home day cares in the North Reading/Andover area?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!!!

S

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neda88. Show neda88's posts

Re: Daycares and/or Home Day cares near Andover/North Reading?

People I know RAVE about Next Generation Children's Centers and there is one in Andover.  We live in Wilmington and unfortunately, the Andover one is just a little too far in the wrong direction for us.  I'm 20 weeks and was getting freaked out about looking for care (everyone telling me I should have started already).  Well, DH and I spent our Patriots Day visiting centers and every single one had an immediate opening.  As a matter of fact, each one had an extra infant room that wasn't currently in use.  It's obviously a big decision and you'll want time to think about it for a while before you make a decision, but don't let people freak you out that you are behind.  Maybe it's just the current state of the economy, but from my recent experience there aren't currently waiting lists at most centers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

I'll definetely check both those places out, thanks so much!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

It is a bit hard to get referrals for home day cares because each one has so few "customers" with only 6 or so kids.  The best for home-based is to search the website of State approved centers:
    http://www.eec.state.ma.us/ChildCareSearch/EarlyEduMap.aspx