Ever expanding chest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

Ever expanding chest

Hi everyone...I have a quick bra question.  I am 9 weeks and I am already busting out of my bras, and actually have been for a couple weeks now.  I am tempted to go to VS to get measured, but I am not sure if I want to spend $40 on a bra if I'm going to have to go up in size again in another month.  Can you all tell me how often you had to change bra sizes during your pregnancy?

Appreciate the feedback.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Re: Ever expanding chest

I have the exact same question, except I'm 10 weeks instead of 9.  My husband looked at me wrangling my breasts into my bra this morning and was like, um, honey, it might be time to go up a size.  But I too hate to spend the money and would love to know what others did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

In my last pg, I was definitely fuller, but never needed to move up a full cup size at any point throughout the pregnancy. That's just me, though. This time I'm at the point of busting out of my post-BF, pre-pg bras, so I've resorted back to my pre-pg #1 bras. (I had definitely shrinkage and sag after BF-ing #1.) So, that's working for me. (I am 16 weeks.)

If it were me, I'd go to a place like Target and try on some bras with a bigger cup size and possibly bigger band to see how those fit. (Unless you had a large chest to begin with, then you probably need better support and a better quality bra.) That way you get some comfortable bras, but you also save a little money for nursing bras, post-pg bras, etc. At this point you just need bras to see you through the next few weeks/months. And, if you continue to grow, then you're not out a ton of $ to buy again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I went up one cup size, so I bought new bras once.  I always go to Macy's because they usually have sales or have sent coupons to card holders.  I've gotten bigger since beginning breastfeeding as well, but my nursing bras are sized like S, M, or L, so I have no idea what size I am now!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summagrl. Show summagrl's posts

Im 13 weeks and I was having the same problem... I went to target try on a couple different sizes. I ended up finding  8 bras for under $45. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

I am 18 weeks and had the same problem... I went to lady Grace and bought a couple of bra extenders ... they are just a small piece of fabric with rows of extra hooks and loops so they hook on to your current bras and just make the band larger.  It doesn't solve the cup size problem, but I am much more comfortable.  I think they were ony like $4 - it might be worth a try .. I am goign to try not to buy bras until the end and them just buy a couple of nursing bras when I get close.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I went to Macy's too.  Ended up with 4-5 new t-shirt style bras for about $60-70.  My rib cage definately expanded a lot and I only had to upsize once BUT towards the end, driving was really uncomfortable and I would unsnap them for the drive home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

I thought this may be one of those things that’s different for everyone.  I have a full chest to begin with and I think I am up a cup size now (my current bra now covers half of my nip).  I am really attached to the VS full coverage cotton bras....I have a promotion for 2 for $45 which isn’t bad, but I wanted to check to see if I should wait in case they were going to grow more in the next month or so.  I plan to buy some cheaper ones, but I wanted to have a couple of my favorite...they are so comfy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I just went to marshalls/tjmaxx and spent like 30 total for 4 bras. I would not spend a lot on bras as you may go up a few sizes.  I went up 2 cup sizes and from 34-36.  The bra expanders like others said are a good thing too. (they have them at joann fabric)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I wouldn't spend a lot on a bra.  You'll probably keep growing.  I went through a series of bra sizes while pregnant.  Some people go back to their prepregnancy size while others don't. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

I went up two full cup sizes (B to D) with my first. Once I had DS I almost had to go bigger once my milk came in, but managed to stay at full D. I agree with the other posts- buy a couple of bras at Target or Walmart without underwires. I bought them as I progressed because there is no way to tell when they will stop growing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

At around 12 weeks I went to Nordstrom's and was fitted for "maternity bras". Since there is no such thing, my consultant selected two nursing bras and I was able to wear those for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Late in the pregnancy, I did get the extenders, but the nursing bras are designed to accomodate fluctuation cup wise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Maybe I'll mention that I haven't worn a traditional bra since 2007 when I got pregnant with #1.  Since then I've been pregnant, nursing, pregnant and nursing again, so someday I'll enjoy spending some $ on some nice bras, but I've just used nursing tanks and bras for most of that time.  When I was pregnant the first time, I used sports bras.  Wow... it's weird to put that in writing--4 years!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

I'm bumping this thread because I am wondering how soon people started sleeping with bras on?  And what brand/style did you use?  I hear people start sleeping with maternity bras while pg, but I'm not sure when.  I am pretty busty already (D), and now being 8 weeks pg, I am overflowing my current bras, and feeling very full and heavy when not wearing bras.  I don't think I need to sleep in one yet, but if this pace keeps up, I may need to keep the girls reigned in more when sleeping. 

BTW, this is one of the things that terrifies me most about pregnancy.  I don't want to go up another cup size! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

I'm not pregnant, but similarly well-endowed and I wear these to bed:

Fruit of the Loom Tank Sports Bra

They're comfy and keep everything under control. They are not very good for actual sports, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

I finally went out and bought a bra two weeks ago--apparently I'm now a C cup, which is a dramatic change from my usual A.  This week (14 weeks) I'm feeling like one of the cups may already be a little small.  I don't feel like I need a new bra yet--this one will last a little longer--but really, this is ridiculous.  I can't keep buying new bras every month.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I never slept with a bra on and my babies got up to 38DD during pregnancy.  I can't sleep with clothes on.  Do people really sleep with their bras on?  I had a roommate in college who used to and it was weird.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

I went from a C to a DD in within 7 weeks.  Hopefully they won’t grow much more for a while, I really don’t want to get bigger.  I have been wearing a sports bra to bed for about 5 weeks now...not a super tight one, the ones I use for yoga that offer some support but are still comfy.  I get the double dry (I sweat a lot at night) nylon/lycra blend and are seamless, so they don’t cut into your skin.  I was waking up with a lot of soreness, so wearing them to bed has helped a lot with that.  I wish I could wear them to work, but they don’t offer enough support to be appropriate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Haha, I'm just happy that I'm actually filling out my A-cups now!!!  (I'd just die of excitement if I get up to a B-cup while breastfeeding!)