Getting Pregnant After D&C--Needing Happy Stories!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnFox8011. Show AnnFox8011's posts

Getting Pregnant After D&C--Needing Happy Stories!

Hi everyone,
    I just had a D&C, and was wondering if anyone else had one, and if so, how long it took you to get pregnant afterwards. I need some positive stories to help me through this. Thank you all! L.A.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from threesthecharm. Show threesthecharm's posts

Re: Getting Pregnant After D&C--Needing Happy Stories!

I had a D&C in mid-August 2004. I got pregnant right away (didn't have a period in between) and my son was born the following June 2005. Great pregnancy no problems easiest one of them all. He was born healthy and is doing great!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry you have been through this!

I have a friend who got pregnant about 7 months after hers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

I had some complications after my D&C which resulted in uterine scarring.  This is very rare, but I mention it only because no one had ever talked to me about this possibilty at the doctor's office when I was making the decision to have the D&C.  The scarring resulted in several months of treatment trying to find the problem.  I finally got my period back about 6 months post-D&C and then got pregnant about 2 months later.

If for some reason, you don't get your regular period back within the timeframe given by your doctor (typically 6-8 wks), be persistent about following up.

I've heard a ton of positive stories around the Internet about women who got pregnant within a month or two of the miscarriage so don't give up hope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

I'm sorry for your loss.  I've had several miscarriages and I know how devastating it is.  I've had 2 d&c's and did not have any complications from the procedure either time, but it did take a few cycles after each one before my cycle was back to normal and I got pregnant again.  Both times we waited 1 cycle to start trying, and I was pregnant on the 4th cycle after my first d&c and the 6th cycle the second time (1st was at 8wks, 2nd was at 11wks).  which in hindsight was maybe for the best because I probably needed the time to heal mentally.  but at the time it felt like an eternity, so I know you don't want to hear anything like 4 months......  so I've also heard lots of stories of women getting pregnant on the 1st or 2nd cycle, so don't worry.  just trust that it will happen again when your body is healed and ready, and don't be hard on yourself if it takes a couple cycles.  I think part of the reason the Dr may tell you to wait to try again is so you don't get frustrated if it doesn't happen right away.  take care of yourself and try to focus on other things because before you know it you will be pregnant again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

I should add that I am now 33wks pregnant, so there is a happy ending :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

In hindsight, I realize that my story might not seem all that happy (because of the complication that I had), but I guess I see it as happy since I was 38 years old and really consider that it only took 2 months to get pregnant since the other 6 months were trying to diagnose a rare problem.

To make a long story short: My first pregnancy had a due date of May 2008. Lost it at 10 weeks in October 2007. Got pregnant in May/June 2008. Gave birth to my son in February 2009. It seemed like an eternity at the time, but in reality I gave birth only 9 months after my first pregnancy would have been due.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTMum. Show CTMum's posts

I had a d&c following a miscarriage at 12 weeks in May 2007. I got pregnant again that September and have the most delightful, sweet, happy and loving 17 month old. Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnFox8011. Show AnnFox8011's posts

THANK YOU everyone!!! I truly feel much better--thank you, thank you, thank you!! It is wonderful to hear such positive stories from intelligent, caring women. Warmly, L

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Regina-Felangy. Show Regina-Felangy's posts

I had a D&C 3 days before Christmas (December 2005), and got pregnant with my son in Nov. 2006.  The doctor wanted me to wait 6 months before trying again because they thought I might have a molar pregnancy.  My son is now a healthy 27 month old!

I just recently had a miscarriage at 14 weeks this November, and had to have another D&C.  The doctor told me I should wait until after I have 1 period to start trying again, so hopefully we will have another successful pregnancy.  Good luck to you!