June - Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Re: June - Pregnancy

Sprout, You were quiet today, I was hoping that was good news!  :)   Hopefully it will be any day now.

1 week from today until my due date, I hope she cooperates and comes then if not sooner, I am so ready!  At least many people are away at work this week, so it is quiet and giving me time to wrap things up.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Good luck to everyone in the home stretch!  And cookie, congratulations on no ultrasound next time :)

I'm now 20 weeks and I can feel the baby moving--which is amazing, but now when I don't feel her moving for a day I start to freak out.  It was easier when I didn't expect to feel her to assume that everything is fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Awww, thistle, that is so exciting!  It's such a relief to finally feel the baby move regularly so you know it's fine.  I don't think you should worry about "regular" movements for a while though, so don't stress!

That's one thing I don't mind about still being pregnant is that I love that feeling so much that I'm ok with a few more days of the kicking and wiggling :)  (But my impatience is growing by the day!)

Good luck, Wed!!!  Maybe tonight's full moon will help... :) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Good luck wed and sprout, hopefully you'll have your LOs soon!! Sending good thoughts your way!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Sprout!  Good luck to you!  So exciting!  You should go get a pedi to see if they can get labor going through foot massage.  You deserve it, and that way you'll have super pretty toes during your hospital stay.

Thisle - so fun that you're feeling movement.  Isn't it the best?  I love it too. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Thanks, Trouble!  I got a pedi last week in anticipation of my due date...haha!  I really should go for another.  I feel like every time I go they barely even touch my feet let alone massage them!  I have never found a good nail spot that gives good foot massages.  I need one so badly! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Hang in there Sprout, your so close.   Go get another Pedi, treat yourself.

I might need a little help myself.  Yesterday in the Shower I scared myself when I got a glimpse of my bikini area.  Because I cant see it I have not been reminded to shave.  Anyway, it was so hard that  I might go and get it waxed.  I have never done it before but might try it out.  I dont remember it being that hard to shave myself when I was prego with DD. 

Although I am just about 35 weeks, DH is praying I dont go into labor tonight.  If he has to miss this bruins game I am not sure I will ever live it down.  I might have to let him stay home.  Coming from a family of Hockey players and life long bruins fans his whole family is pumped up for tonight.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Good luck Wed and Sprout. Hopefully it's not too much longer.

Quad - We are supposed to have child birth class tonight, but DH is skipping to watch the game. His loss!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

quad-I've been thinking that OB's offices should include waxing services, or at least partner with a waxing salon and have it right next door-think about it, most time a lot of women have a moment to themselves is when they go there! I think there should also be the c-section wax...make it so they don't have to shave you before!

AFM-I'm 25 weeks and kinda freaked out this week since I havne't been feeling teh baby move as much. Though she still gives me a couple of good kicks a day, not what it used to be.  

to all the ladies on deck-good luck!

GO BRUINS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CookieM. Show CookieM's posts

Oh, too funny!  I *knew* there had to be an up-side to chemo.  Well, here it is.  Don't have to worry about waxing! 

Wed & Sprout, good luck this week.  Thoughts are with you both for speedy and uneventful deliveries, which will hopefully be soon.

Just found out my ILs have a pool going re: due dates.  Almost everyone picked after 8/1.  I told DH to tell them all that I curse them for even thinking I could go past my date.  Especially in August!  I threatened to have s3x with him, during a bumpy car ride, while eating an extra-spicy burrito.  But, maybe starting with a pedicure would be a good way to go.  <The burrito in the car might be messy />

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

The nurse at our childbirth class said that the dr.s at SSH were asking women not to shave or wax in the weeks near EDD. Apparently if you have any of those lovely little red bumps or irritated skin and need a c-section, they will not be able to make the incision low in the pelvis and you would have to get the old fashioned, long incision higher on your belly. Since I heard that I've just been using a little bikini electric trimmer away from my skin to keep things at least short and somewhat neat, although the fact that I can't see what I'm doing makes the 'neat' part questionable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Any Bruins babies??  Wed, Sprout???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Sox-I delivered DD at SSH and DS will be born there to and the doctors have never told me that before.  I wonder if they will mention it to me this time around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

Quad - Once you're in L&D maybe they don't bother because it's too late? This was at a childbirth class and she said that the nurses had been asked to mention it by the doctors.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Hmmm very interesting.  I will need to ask my doc about that even though I'm delivering elsewhere.  I will never forget how horrified I was when I looked down there after I delivered my #1.  I vowed next time I'd be all neat and tidy for the docs, nurses, DH and mostly myself!  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Hello Ladies!  Lots of updates (I have been super busy at work recently and just had a chance to catch up).

I'm hoping that Sprout's silence means that the full moon on Wed. did some magic and helped her little one get started? 

AFM, I had my anatomy scan u/s last wed.- baby is measuring fine, but totally didn't cooperate when we tried to find out its gender.  I guess baby already knows how to keep us on our toes!  I had my 20 wk ob  appt. this past wed. (after suffering a bout of stomach bug on Monday night- sooo not fun!!) and heard the baby's heartbeat, which I love.  Nothing to worry about, so very happy to hear that.  I was surprised that they gave me the glucose drink for the GD test in prep for my 24 wk appt- I thought they did it at the 28 wk, but I suppose that's just because my friend just had one at 28 wks...

Thistle- I'm so excited for you that you're feeling the baby move!!  I still am not able to feel any identifiable movements, which makes me anxious.  But my ob said not to worry because it often takes to 22 wks.  She also said that since my placenta is in the front (which is where they want to see it), it sometimes acts as a buffer for feeling movement.  Like I said, kiddo knows how to keep me on my toes...

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!  Wishing the best for those on deck and everyone else at whatever stage they're in!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

itsallnew, that's great that the ultrasound went well!  Sorry the baby is being all coy about its sex, though.  I had always understood that up to 22 weeks is pretty normal for feeling movement, too, and at least you've just seen an ultrasound and heard its heartbeat, so you know nothing's wrong.  Interesting about the placenta acting as a buffer--mine is totally in the wrong place (low-lying anterior placenta is apparently what I have) and I wonder if that's made me feel movement sooner?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Sox, I delivered twice at SSH and was told the same thing at my class before #1 but never by my doctor.  I ended up with an emergency section.  With #2, it was a planned section, but they never said anything about that in the prep info.  They do whip out the clippers and shave before a c-section - very dignified...  all I could do is make awkward and corny conversation with DDs delivery.  With DS, I was just too focused on the emergency situation that I barely remember them doing that part.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Itsallnew - my placenta is/was in front, too, and I still eventually felt the baby move a lot - don't worry! 

Quad - just FYI, I found that waxing during pregnancy hurts a LOT more than it did before I was pregnant.  That may just be me, of course, but if you do go, don't let the pain discourage you!  It's a great feeling to look in the mirror afterward and have that sense of relief that the jungle is under control. 

Still pregnant :)  But happy to read everyone's updates!  I'm trying to stay active (and not sit at the computer) so I think that's why I've been quiet!  Hoping baby comes this weekend - I really don't want to be induced!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for the past month or so, but waited to chime in til today. Just has our first u/s (8wk3d) and everything is looking good :) I'd had a m/c earlier this spring, so I had been holding my breath this time around. Such a relief to see a heart beat!

Sprout, I hope keeping active gives the baby the idea to get moving :)

I'm excited to join you ladies! Good luck everyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Welcome Pitt and Bostongrl!  Great to see you join us over here from the TTC section!  I have just been catching up on all the updates too - I feel so far behind - I need to check in more frequently to keep up with all the good news. 

I am now at 15 weeks, and I told my boss and a couple of my closer co-workers yesterday.  It went pretty well, but I was nervous about telling my boss.  I didn't anticipate a negative reaction by any means, but I was still unsure about how to break the news.  It ended up being pretty painless, and my coworkers were thrilled for me. 

After doing a "we're pregnant" tour with family and friends in California while we were there for a wedding, and making phone calls to all the important people we hadn't yet seen in person, we announced the pregnancy on facebook late this week.  It's definitely exciting to be out in the open about it now, and to not try to suck it in or hide it anymore!

Good luck to all the ladies near their due dates and to all of you at varying stages in between!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Congrats, Jennifyr!  Isn't it nice to finally be out of the closet??  I loved that feeling!

Welcome, pitt!   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Welcome Pitt,

Sprout, I have never been waxed before so I will not know the difference I guess.  I think im going to go for it but wait for about 2 weeks so it is still ok when I deliver. 

I am officially done with being pregnant.  I am exhausted and def notiice the swelling going up in my feet when I have done too much.  I have about 4 1/2 weeks left till my due date.  I am just ready for him to arrive.  I cant remember if I felt this way with DD but maybe chasing around a 2 yr old has put me over the edge. 

Any baby news out there?????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittftw. Show pittftw's posts

Hang in there, quad!

Has anyone here tried sea bands for m/s? I'm basically having all-day sickness, and I can't take any more ginger - the thought of it makes me sicker! I'm open to any suggestions :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Quad, I'm with you, but also not.  I'm done with being pregnant, but also not sure I'm ready for a newborn!  But the newborn stage goes by so quickly, right?  I just have to keep reminding myself of that...

Welcome Pitt!

I wonder if sprout and wed have had their LOs??

AFM, 33 weeks and coping as best I can!  I'm doing well on my GD diet so that's huge :)  I actually feel pretty good.  Not too deprived.  I had a DA today and everyone said I'm going great with my blood glucose measurements and my weight gain.  Yay!  Last time they were actually worried that I didn't gain enough!  All these extra DAs are super annoying though! 

I have gotten some swelling on the hotter days (in my feet), and my restless legs at night are so annoying!  But I can still move and bend down with ease, so all in all not too bad.

I also went to my favorite new store this weekend - Buy Buy Baby and I think I'm all set on a double stroller.  DH is on board with my pricey choice too!  I can't believe it.  I'm so excited to get my new stroller.  We've been holding off on getting a nice single since we knew a double was imminent and I am sooooo sick of those lousy snap and go wheels!

Hope EOE is well!