March Pregnancy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Re: March Pregnancy

Sadly, I can relate to the transition period with clothes, just on the other side of it! I'm 4 weeks postpartum and can't get into my old pants yet, so I'm still wearing my maternity stuff that is totally falling down. I really need to find my belly band and hope my daily walks start taking these pounds off. Good luck with the maternity clothes, Cici, and remember there's no shame in wearing the same pair of pants several days in a row, especially when you have the excuse of pregnancy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Liz - how scary!! So happy your DH is ok. AFM - 20 weeks! We bought the crib and dresser today from baby furniture warehouse. They say it takes 10-14 weeks to arrive which hopefully will be enough time for us to clear out the stuff we have been storing in the babys future room! Now we just need to pick a name....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, the scary thoughts that must have been pounding in your head...how awful!  What a relief your story had the happiest ending and DH is fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Liz - Sorry to hear about your husband.  I am glad that he is ok.

I haven't been able to log in for awhile but with regards to monitors, I think it would have made sleep training much harder for me if I had a video but maybe not.

32 weeks here.  I feel huge.  My weight gain is right on track with where I was last time.  (Was hoping for a little less but luckily was able to lose it all last time).

Anyone else totally annoyed by the completely air-brushed Jessica Simpson pictures??  She looks quite big (although she is short) and what, not an bit of cellulite ??  Just makes me feel worse when I look in the full length mirror and admire what has become of me. :)

BTW Stefani - congrats on the singleton!  I bet it will seem infinitely easier this time around!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

LIL, It more annoys me how badly people are making fun of her. I mean, she is 9 months pregnant, she looks like a NORMAL woman in that state.

One celebrity blogger said:

"Here's Jessica Simpson looking like an albino python in a yellow wig who swallowed a buffalo who swallowed a hippo who swallowed a pack of Giseles (the model, not the animal) who swallowed a dozen watering holes. Jessica has the entire Serengeti up in there. Even though Jessica is pregnant with the entire cast of The Lion King, I really have to hand it to her, and by "it" I mean a damn chair for her to sit her pregnant a$$ down! No, I really have to hand it to Jessica, because even though she's carrying 70 pounds of baby, she's still hitting the ho stroll hard by taking her bought b*tch to the Panda Express to the stars Mr. Chow in Beverly Hills last night."

Honestly?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Liz - omg that is so scary about your husband. I am really happy to hear he is ok. Take some time for yourself to deal with it because scares like that can be really traumatic.

Re: Jessica Simpson. I do feel bad for her because people are saying unnecessarily mean things, but she is really putting herself out there with this pregnancy with all the tv shows and interviews. So really, it not unexpected that there is such a big reaction. In any case, it's nice to see a celebrity look like a normal pregnant woman, struggling with normal pregnancy issues. I think she said that as of a few weeks ago she had already gained 60 pounds or something. I never noticed the cellulite thing because all the pictures I've seen of her she's been wearing long dresses.

How was everyone's weekend? Who's due next? Tangerine? How are you feeling?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Liz - Glad to hear DH is ok.  That is scary.

I had a rough night last night.  My stomach is in knots, backache, headache and heartburn.  I woke up every hour last night.  I thought I might have caught that stomach bug going around but never got sick.  Thankfully.  Still not 100% today.  I hope Ill make it through the day at work....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Liz - glad to hear your hubby is okay.  That must have been so scary.

AFM - I had an OB appointment on Friday and everything looks great.  The baby is currently head down which is a good sign.  I passed my glucose test and  I'm up 21 pounds at 29 weeks so that's right in line with where they wanted me to be.  And now I have appointments every two weeks which is crazy!  Finally, they gave me the okay to go to a chiropractor to see if they can relieve any of my sciatica pain.  Has anyone else gone to a chiropractor in the 3rd tri? I'm a little nervous.  Also, at what point do they start doing internal exams to see if you're dilated or effaced?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

clc.. I saw a chiropractor a few times in my 3rd trimester.  Due to being on my feet all day at work, my lower back just killed me towards the end.  I interchanged chiro and massage appts to help deal with it.  There are chiropractors who are trained to deal with pregnancy and mine used a special sturdy foam pillow that allowed me to lie on my belly.  Just ask if yours has treated many pregnant women, what the experience level is, and if not comfortable if they have any one to refer you to.  My chiro also listed this link on his website:  http://icpa4kids.org/ they have a finder for practices specializing in prenatal care.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

CLC, internal exams are definitely a practitioner to practitioner situation.  In general, I don't think they would do one until at least 37 weeks, which is "full-term".  There are mixed feelings about them...there can be a risk of infection with internal exams, and there's also the emotional toll that they can take if you don't see progress.  A little dilation doesn't necessarily mean anything if there aren't some contractions going with it!  I think around 37 weeks is also when they do the Group B strep test, which is similar to a Pap. 

I have a friend who had internal exams from 37 weeks.  She was at 1-2 for weeks...doctor at every visit would say "I bet I'll see you in the hospital next", but baby was about 10 days late...she started her maternity leave a little early, thinking he would arrive any day, and 3 weeks later, still waiting, so it meant less time with him once he arrived. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

As for Jessica Simpson, the part of the airbrushing I found the most hilarious was the belly button.  It looked like it was in the wrong place and was still an innie.  Obviously it had been airbrushed by a technician who doesn't have much real-world experience with pregnancy.  It's not her fault what they do to the pictures before they publish them.  I don't think people get much of a say in how the picture is treated during the publication process.
    The thing that annoyed me the most was all the stuff she said in the interview that went with the photo spread.  She kept talking about how she was going to be SO upset if her little girl wanted to wear sneakers instead of high heels.  I believe she said Nikes instead of Minolo Blanik (spelling?).  That annoyed me.  All kids should have sensible shoes, first of all.  Making big statements REPEATEDLY (there were a bunch of things in the interview) about how UNACCEPTABLE it will be to you if your little girl wants to play sports instead of go shopping is APPALLING.  Also, the father is a professional athelete so there's a pretty good chance your kids will have some athletic ability. What is she going to do if the girl comes out built like a linebacker?  Shame her into a skirt and an eating disorder? 

That's the only thing about the Jessica Simpson pregnancy that bothered me.  She's all prepared to treat the baby like a doll/accessory, not like a person.  Plus, she's rich enough that she might be able to do that, not be forced to come to grips with the reality of having kids the way we mere mortals must haha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

clc, glad you had such a good appointment. My doc offered to do an internal exam at 37 weeks, but said it was totally up to me and not necessary, so I declined. I did have my first one today, at 1 day shy of 38 weeks. It's standard for my practice to start doing them at 38 weeks (I'm barely dilated/effaced at all, so looks like my little guy wants to stay put for a bit). I was a little bit upset - probably irrationally so - when the doc told me she estimates he'll be somewhere in the 6 lb range. I was a big baby (9 lbs) and it seems like everyone I know has had babies in the 8-9 lb range, so 6 seems really small to me. I'm measuring right on track, so I'm not really sure what to make of it.

Am I really the next one in line?! Yikes! I'm feeling pretty good, thanks, cici - a little swollen and a little sore, but no real complaints. Just hoping the LO will stay inside and cook for a few more weeks! How are you feeling these days?

About Jessica Simpson, I agree with cici that it's a little ridiculous how she's been throwing herself into the spotlight and gabbing it up about her weight gain, all the crazy food she's eating, etc. I am convinced that she's doing it in preparation for the lucrative Weight Watchers contract that she's apparently lined up in order to publicly drop her baby weight. Probably drumming up lots of attention now for how much she's gained, so people will watch with bated breath. Ugh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Tang - Dont put too much stock in what they estimate for size.  I have heard more wrongs than rights when it comes to that.  Plus babies can grow 1/2 to a full 1 lb a week at the end so if it ends up late and they are spot on for 6 you could have an 8 pounder on your hands. 
    Ill take a 6 - 7 pounder anyday - my first was 7lb 11 oz and plenty big enough.
    I am at 29 weeks and the swelling and waddling has begun.  I definetly feel like I had more energy with the first though this time the round ligament pain has not been too bad. 
    Maybe tmi but Any one else having difficulties with marital duties?  I want to but afterwards it hurts all over and I have fun leading up to it but during it I just am not enjoying it.  I think partly because I know it will hurt afterwards.  I mentioned it to my doc two appointments ago and turned out I had a yeast infection but I have since treated it and dont have any of the symptoms right now.  I hate cutting dh off so early but not fun.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Tang, I'm SURE you're right about the weight watchers.  That's brilliant deductive reasoning, I never would have figured it out.  I'm so jealous I'm not a millionaire and I had to go back to work and deal with pumping and all that.  Imagine being able to stay home and gaze at your little one for a little bit longer?  Of course, I don't envy the pressure to pop back to pre-pregnancy weight 3 weeks post-partum that pop culture figures have, but still. . .

I don't think I had an internal exam until 39 weeks, but I can't remember now.  I do remember I was dialated less than an inch at the exam that was one day before my due date and my doctor told me she was going on vacation with her family but not to worry -- she'd just induce me when she got home in 1.5 weeks!  I went into labor 2 days later. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks for all of the info on the internal exams.  I meant to ask on Friday but it slipped my mind. I swear I have a hole in my head when I get to the doctors office and all of my questions fall right out.

WrkingMom - I'm with you on the waddle.  Luckily no swelling for me yet but oh the waddle is in full force. Also, TMI, but it's been way too long since we've had any marital fun.  The last time we did I didn't notice any pain, sorry you're going through that.  I hate to get too graphic but could it be the positions you're using? Perhaps find something that's a little more comfortable for you?

Tang - I wouldn't worry about the weight if your doctor isn't worried. I've heard that their estimates can be wrong up to a lb in either direction so maybe you're looking at a 7lb baby which seems to be the norm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

workingmom, I honestly suggest asking your OB about more comfortable positions.  They know and they will be happy to share so you and hubby can get it on in comfort.  A few minutes of awkward discussion (which probably won't be as bad as you imagine - I mean, they KNOW you had sex, lol) with your doctor should prove to be very worth it.

ETA: Or, if you just can't bring yourself to do that, check this out.  There are others like it on Amazon.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

My ultrasound today went pretty terribly.  Either my dates are off by at least 1-2 weeks, or this is not a viable pregnancy.  I think the second possibility is vastly more likely considering what I know about my cycles.  So I'm sad, angry, and frustrated, and likely saying goodbye to this board for the foreseeable future.  

Hope the rest of you continue to enjoy a healthy and happy 9 months.  Thanks as always for the kind support, advice, and information.  It's been fun hanging out here, while it lasted.  I learned a lot, and I hope to be able to use it some day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I'm so sorry, Sienna.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm sorry, Sienna.  I'll say a little prayer that perhaps your dates are off and this could still be a viable pregnancy.  I wish you and your DH the best in the upcoming weeks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I'll be thinking of you, Siena.  I know well that sinking feeling from the ultrasound from my first pregnancy, and wouldn't wish it on anyone.  I'll be hoping for the best for you, but no matter what happens, hoping that at some point, be it in 2012, 2013 or sometime down the road, you will get your take-home baby! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

So sorry Siena, I hope things improve but if not, there is a time for everything, although it might not be when we want it...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Oh, siena.  I'm so sorry.  Hopefully this is somehow just a miscalculation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

workingmom, you need lots more lube.  This will probably continue to be an issue while you're breastfeeding. It's got something to do with the hormones.  Also, if you're feeling waddly when you're walking it could be the baby is changing some of the usual -ahem- angles? for your inner workings. Have you tried different positions?

Also, get a mirror (or a REALLY brave partner) and see if you've got any hemorrhoids. They can be in the usual place or even around your vag1na (I know, horrible stuff that would be a lot more effective as contraceptive education than what they tell kids in health class, right? haha).  It could be part of the problem.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

I am so sorry to hear your bad news Sienna.  I am not sure of the details of how far along you are supposed to be but I will say with EXACT dates due to embryo transfer with egg donation I dated 1 week too early.  I was dating at 5 weeks 1 day instead of 6 weeks.  There was no heart beat RE had minimal hope.  A week later there was a heart beat and my RE still gave it a 50/50 chance and now I am 32 weeks.    I am not saying this to give false hope - because I am not a believer in having a ton of hope but I am writing this just because I don't know what your dates are supposed to be and what your u/s actually showed.

At any rate, I am so sorry to hear and I just hope for the best for you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Thanks, all.  LIL--I'm 6.5 weeks by LMP, 7 weeks by my own charting/OPKs.  I had a positive HPT on CD 26, so I don't think the cycle ran weirdly late in a way that wasn't reflected in the OPKs.  The u/s just showed a gestational sac--no fetal pole, no embryo, no heartbeat.  They said that was consistent with about 5 weeks pg at best.  So that's why I don't have much hope.  My HCG level is still high enough to be consistent with a 5-8 week pregnancy (but I know a single number is not that meaningful, and the reference ranges are very broad.) I'll have repeat HCG draws and further u/s if the HCG is not falling.  I still don't have any external signs of mc.  

The docs won't rule out the possibility of a healthy pregnancy yet, but to me, the math just isn't adding up.  This is would be my 2nd mc, so I'm disappointed to know that I'm now in a higher risk group for future pregnancies, and I hope to pursue a repeated pregnancy loss panel (even though I know they often don't yield any helpful explanations).  I think this experience will prove less traumatic than my first loss (I suppose I began this pg a little bit numb, and the problem was identified much earlier), but more discouraging.