november updates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Re: november updates

Yay Prill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Congrats Prill!  Have you scheduled an ultrasound yet?  (And...I hesitate to bring this up...but did they say anything about likelihood of multiples?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats Prill!!!  I've been following the TTC board - am so happy for you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

Congrats Prill!! That's so exciting. We're around the same time, I think I might be 2 weeks ahead of you, but I have a longer cycle, wasn't charting and haven't been to the dr.'s yet so who knows :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Congrats Prill!

Pugs, I think the timing of picking a pediatrician depends if you are going to do the interview process or not.  We went with a referral of a friend, I called the office to see if they were accepting new patients and asked what the process was.  Basically they said to list the Dr on the hospital paperwork and the hospital would contact the dr once the baby was born.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thanks all!
    Daisy - I have a six week ultrasound scheduled for next week, and another for two weeks after that.... not that I am anticipating seeing anything more than a small blob!
    There has been no mention made of multiples (other than my RE and acupuncturist discussing the increased chances of such a few months ago).  With my HcG levels being low(er), I am guessing it is just a singleton!  I guess we will see what next week brings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Congrats Prill!!!  I still follow the TTC boards, so I'm so happy to see that you're finally joining us over here!!!

So I had an appointment yesterday, and my doctor told me I should start registering for childbirth classes.  Do you ladies recommend them?  Did you find that they really helped you, or that they just told you what you already knew?  I'm really not thrilled with the idea of going; just doesn't seem like my thing.  Not to mention I just checked out the website, and classes range in price from $60 to over $200!  Yikes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Desi17. Show Desi17's posts

Congrats Prill! I think we are around the same time. I finally got a BFP this past weekend on day 36 of my cycle. Going for my first u/s on the 17th. SO exciting! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: november updates:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all! Daisy - I have a six week ultrasound scheduled for next week, and another for two weeks after that.... not that I am anticipating seeing anything more than a small blob!
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

Prill -- I had an ultrasound around six weeks and it was AMAZING. You can see the head, the tiny little arms, and the shrimp tail.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fallgrl. Show Fallgrl's posts

Congratulations Prill=) 

Questions for all you ladies who are expecting.... Before you got your positive, did you experience early pregnancy signs that felt like you were getting AF??? I am currently at CD22 (8DPO) and feel like AF is going to be here any day... Sort of trying to be hopeful in maybe thinking they are early pregnancy signs - but a bit discouraged too.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Welcome, Prill!! So exciting, can't wait to hear about your first u/s!

LL - I suspect that is one of those old wives' tales. I don't think you need to worry about early labor as a result of a movie...it can't be THAT scary. :-)

Pugs, I am not to that stage yet, but at this point I don't plan to register for any. The way I see it, women have been delivering babies for centuries without a class...I can't imagine throwing $200 at someone is going to make the process any easier on me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Desi, welcome and congrats!

Fallgrl, absolutely - I think many of us on here would say they felt AF symptoms. The unfortunate thing is that a lot of early pregnancy symptoms are identical to pending AF symptoms...so really the best thing you can do is wait (impossible) until you are officially late and then test. You will drive yourself crazy otherwise (which you'll be doing anyway). :-) Good luck!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fallgrl. Show Fallgrl's posts

Thanks Silver... I'm definitely doing my best to wait till Friday (which is when AF should arrive)... But I'm thinking of telling DH to hide the tests!! Only thing worse then getting AF I think would be to get a BFN...  Here's to hoping I'll be joining you on these boards soon=) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Pugs, I took a BF feeding class that was nice to learn latching and holding positions.  I went to a BF support group after DD was born and that was better than the class.  DH and I took a Newborn class that was to learn about swaddling, bathing, umbilical cord care, diapering, etc - I really liked that class.  We did not take a birthing class I was WAY too nervous to take that and so was DH, especially for any type movie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Pugs, I did the childbirth class and I'm glad we did. I was very nervous about pain during l&d and felt better after the class. I thought I'd get an epidural right away, but after the class, I decided I'd take it one contraction at a time and see how it goes. Good thing because I was fully dilated by the time I got to the hospital! Also, it's good to note that many insurance companies will pay for part/all of the childbirth classes. Ours (BC/BC) paid for most of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Pugs - good question, I was wondering the same thing.  I asked my OB about taking a tour of the hospital and he said they would give it at the end of a class like the child birth class.. but the ones I saw were almost $200.  I was wondering if it was helpful too..  I kind of just want to do the tour and I wonder if you can call the hospital to do that separately..  anyone know? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

[QUOTE]The way I see it, women have been delivering babies for centuries without a class...I can't imagine throwing $200 at someone is going to make the process any easier on me.
    Posted by SilverFestiva[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way, but my friends who took the classes had an easier time in childbirth than me. I think that part of it is that women used to participate in the birth process with family and neighbors before having a baby of their own, so that functioned as a sort of birth class. And apparently the breathing stuff actually does work, although it seemed like a lot of hooey to me before I had the baby. It's up to each woman to make her own decision, but most hospitals offer sliding scales or other assistance with the cost of the classes if anyone wants to do it and can't afford to. The midwives urged me to take a class, and their judgement was right-on for everything else, but I was ornery and didn't want to do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

[QUOTE]Pugs - good question, I was wondering the same thing.  I asked my OB about taking a tour of the hospital and he said they would give it at the end of a class like the child birth class.. but the ones I saw were almost $200.  I was wondering if it was helpful too..  I kind of just want to do the tour and I wonder if you can call the hospital to do that separately..  anyone know? 
    Posted by Jan2010bride[/QUOTE]

I'd call the hospital. The center for women at Mt Auburn offers tours of the birth center following their meet & greet sessions, so I'm sure that other practices within the various hospitals do something similar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Jan, I can't remember where you said you're delivering, but I'm going to South Shore and it says right on their website that you can call to schedule a tour.  I can't see them telling you that the only way you can get a tour is by paying for a $200 class!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Oh no, I took a tour at SSH for free -- Pugs, the classes that I took were at SSH but someone posted on the boards that they may be moving to the new Isis Center that is opening...I think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

[QUOTE]Oh no, I took a tour at SSH for free -- Pugs, the classes that I took were at SSH but someone posted on the boards that they may be moving to the new Isis Center that is opening...I think.
    Posted by KT75[/QUOTE]

KT, you're right; my doctor told me yesterday that they're moving to Hanover, and I think they're opening in a couple of weeks.

Did you know that Isis actually offers a class called "Barks and Babies," which teaches you how to introduce a new baby to your dog?  It's a 2 and 1/2 hour class that costs $80!!!  You've got to be kidding me...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Ha - I did see that, I laughed out loud! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]Pugs - good question, I was wondering the same thing.  I asked my OB about taking a tour of the hospital and he said they would give it at the end of a class like the child birth class.. but the ones I saw were almost $200.  I was wondering if it was helpful too..  I kind of just want to do the tour and I wonder if you can call the hospital to do that separately..  anyone know? 
    Posted by Jan2010bride[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you're delivering, but I'm delivering at Beth Israel and they offer free tours.  Could be wrong, but they have them something like every Wednesday at 5:30 and 7:30.  In a few weeks, we'll be going to "Meet the Doctors" followed by a tour.  Since any one of the OBs at my practice could end up delivering the baby, this is our chance to meet the other OBs.

I'm going to signup for a prepared childbirth class through Harvard Vanguard.  It's $146, but the website says that insurance may reimburse $100 and I have a feeling mine will.  If nothing else, I think the class will help DH to prepare because he doesn't have you ladies sharing all this info with him :o)

I may take other classes, but haven't decided.  Will most likely take a newborn care class and possibly infant CPR or breastfeeding.  I have taken infant CPR before and I think HV's price is the same as what I paid back then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good luck Fallgrl!
    I tested few fays before AF was due and to be honest it was completely pointless.  I didn't feel all that disappointed because I knew there was a very good chance it was too early to tell - and I was right!  Hold out as long as you can!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Fallgrl - Yup, I had regular ol' AF symptoms right down to the "beginning of my period" which prompted a bit of disappointment and a delicious lunch of seared rare tuna and a few cocktails (we were on vacation).  Of course, after lunch that day, AF never really continued...  I tested that night and it was positive.  Oh well, I guess it was a good last indulgence!

That said - a lot of women feel absolutely nothing...so the absence of symptoms doesn't mean anything, either!