OB near Reading/ N. Reading?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

OB near Reading/ N. Reading?

Hi ladies,

I am hoping to deliver at Winchester hospital and am looking for a good OB (preferably female) in the Reading/N. Reading area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!!!
    S

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Re: OB near Reading/ N. Reading?

I don't go there myself, but Dowd Medical (they have a website) has an obstetrics practice right near the train station in Reading.  I bring my kids to the pediatrics practice there and it's wonderful.  They have priveleges at Winchester Hospital, so I imagine the obstetrics group does too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

Thanks for the tip. I just called them and they aren't taking any new patients.... :(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DreamingforTwo. Show DreamingforTwo's posts

Dr. Rotter or Dr. Lemmonier share an office in North Andover and are quite lovely. I am due to deliver at Winchester in June and have found Dr. Rotter to be a very kind, compassionate doctor and yes, both are women.

I live in Stoneham and it takes me 15 minutes or so to get to their office, in case the distance is a factor in your decision.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jettagirl78. Show jettagirl78's posts

Dr. Roy Epstein is fabulous but he is affiliated with Melrose Wakefield Hospital - which was fabulous. All the nurses and staff were wonderful. His Office is located in Wakefield, but right on the Reading line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neda88. Show neda88's posts

Also delivering at Winchester and have chosen to go with Winchester OB/GYN Associates.  They are in Woburn on Washington Street, just off 128/95.  Everyone in the office is nice, but the best thing is that they now have a lab and ultrasound in the same building.  Makes it so convenient just to get the regular stuff done.  Plus, if they think something is wrong they can IMMEDIATELY get you into the u/s just down the hall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nextvacation. Show nextvacation's posts

I used to go to Dowd in Reading and loved it, but they stopped their OB practice in March.  I loved my doctor, but I had to find a new one.  I go to Winchester OB/GYN on Washington st in Woburn.  Its okay, certainly not the warm and fuzzy place that Dowd was.  After they weight me, i basically and running after the girl so i know what room to go in.  Its okay, I guess I wouldn't recommend it, but its not based on a bad experience, guess I just enjoyed Dowd more (or maybe i was just more comfortable after going there for most of my pregnancy). I'm due in June, we'll see how it goes.  Someone mentioned Dr. Rotters, I heard good things about her too.  It was too far north for me seeing as I work in boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

NextVacation - I was also going to Dowd OB/GYN - did Dr. Jackson leave?  I had DD in July and haven't been there since my 6 week follow up after my delivery in September.  If it is the case they no longer practicing OB/GYN, I will now have to find a new doctor!