What is your baby name criteria?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: What is your baby name criteria?

A link to this site was in the comments of the other site I posted:

http://www.babynamewizard.com/node/30322

My friend's mother is a teacher and told me she had a La-a (Ladasha) and twins named Male & Female (Mahley and Fuhmahley).  She must have totally made it up!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Fram my cousin in law is also a teacher and she has had at least one student named Female (pronounced like tamale but with an f).  She has also had a Usmail and a few other interesting names.  It happens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

My aunt had a student named Female - pronounced like Emily but starting with an F.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Figured I'd dredge up the old thread instead of starting a new one...

Have you picked a definite name for your baby?  (Or a definite girl name and boy name for those of you who don't know the sex.) 
    I can't picture actually coming to a decision months in advance, but I also have 5 months to go, so I'm sure I'll figure it out in advance!  We found out it's a girl last week so at least we can focus on that.  But I told DH we had better talk about some boy names just in case!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

We had a hard time with names for our DS.  I don't know why it was so difficult but that and bedding really through me for a loop...go figure.  So we compiled a list and then narrowed it down.  I didn't want to pick a name until I met our DS so we ended up with a list of 4 names and then when DS was born we looked at him and made a decision which name we liked best. 

Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Fram, in the end, we had four girls names in mind and only one boys name that we agreed upon. And really, of the four girls names, I knew which one it was going to be (Sophia)...but it wasn't! We actually chose a name we had talked about very early in our pregnancy, it was a surprise (and delight) to all of us that we just looked in her eyes and she told us who she was!

Enjoy the process!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

DH and I had our girl name picked before I even got pregnant.  We were talking baby names one day, and when this one came up we both loved it.  We each had a different number one boy's name that we didn't quite agree on, but we agreed on a number two name. 

Turns out we're having a girl, so no baby name debate was necessary!  I can completely understand why people want to meet their baby before naming him/her, but for us it's been nice to call her by her name already.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

We chose family names (first and middle) for both of our kids.  We knew early on what the names would be.  We never used them until they were born though.  I guess I am superstitious that way.  I cringed every time my MIL used DD's name before she was born.  For some reason she didn't do it with DS who was born first.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Right now we pretty much have our top 3, so maybe we will wait to meet her before we decide... or maybe we will decide soon... or maybe we will wait...
    I figure if we don't talk about it much, then we won't be lying when we tell DH's mother we haven't decided LOL!!