What to Expect after the Hospital

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Re: What to Expect after the Hospital

Kar, I know what you mean about asking!  I just thought it was normal...

Interestingly, even though it sounds like it would be dangerous, it doesn't actually cause permanent damage even if untreated.  When I went back to fix it, we had a fabulous doctor and he explained all about it and also explained that I could choose not to get it treated.  Nothing bad happens, you just suffer for an indefinite period of time.  I was like, "Treatment, yes, please, now, please, thank you!!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Medford - yikes, that does not sound fun.  What did you mean when you said "they patched it"?  What did they have to do to treat it?  Just curious...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

In Response to Re: What to Expect after the Hospital:
    [QUOTE]i don't know how to really describe it.. and to be honest, I never looked down there before so maybe it's not knew.. it's small and just really red..  :-(  i'll give it just a couple more days with consistent motrin.. 
    Posted by Jan2010bride[/QUOTE]
    Jan, this might not be hemorrhoids but it sounds a lot like them.  They might be so sort of infection at your stitches site or they might be just horrible hemorrhoids.  There's a reason the old-oldfashioned euphemism for them is "piles"  they look like tiny piles of bumps.  Ugh.  You can get them in your v-gina too, apparently (they're just varicose veins in a particularly horrible area).
    Welcome to motherhood, the land of knowing enough about this stuff to be able to spell hemorrhoids without looking it up! :)

Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

[QUOTE]Medford - yikes, that does not sound fun.  What did you mean when you said "they patched it"?  What did they have to do to treat it?  Just curious...
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]
    It's called a blood patch, and it worked like a freaking miracle.  But honestly, the whole thing sounds MUCH worse than it really was.  It wasn't fun, but reading the description is scarier than the thing itself!  The only real problem was just not knowing what it was, which is why I have decided to become a spokesperson for it on this forum.  :)
    Here's a description of the patch:
    http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/pain-management-spinal-headaches

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

I totally didn't expect all the sweating! Getting rid of all that extra fluid sucked!
    Michelle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Jan, don't know if this could be similar, but I realized with DS, I was getting a great deal of chafing and discomfort from the hospital-issued pads I was using for bleeding, to the point of getting some sore areas similar to what you are describing.  I switched to a thinner always pad until the bleeding was done and that did the trick. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]My stitches took a while to heal too.  And were sore for 3-4 weeks but I was too chicken to actually look at my vajeen so I would call your OB about the sacs. 
    Posted by SarahInActon[/QUOTE]

I understand!!  I didn't apply the numbing ointment for the first 2 days because I was terrified to look down there let alone touch it!!  It was not at ALL as bad as I imagined.

Paul - The sweating is out of control.  I can not believe how soaked my bra is when I wake up at night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

MM - I think you might be right.. the last day I used a thinner pad then the big mega ones and although i have to change it more, the area doesn't hurt quite as bad...  it's definitely going down in pain and i started using the cream from the hospital on the spots too so in combo, they both seem to be helping, whether its H or just chaffing from the pad at least it's getting better I think.  just as i was about to give in and call..  i think i will wait and see now and call tomorrow if it doesn't continue to improve. 

oh and i agree on the sweating but what's more soaked is the pads i put in my bra from all the milk i make.. ugh!  the things weigh 3 pounds in the morning when I take them off...  or when i take them out to feed... i then have to get up and get a new one. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Jan - You reminded me... I've been meaning to ask if everyone leaks??  I know my milk supply is fine.  (The baby has gained 1 lb since we left the hospital.)  But I almost never leak - not even at night.  I suppose that will come eventually?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

From what I hear.... some people never leak!  I really wish I was one of them.. friends of mine gave me their b pads since they never needed them.. maybe you are lucky!  :-)  I def leak when i get full.. after the shower, when I hear my DS cry if i'm upstairs, etc.. it's horrible.  i hate it.

saw my doc today.. apparently i'm healing up ok but i had a lot of stitches and he doesn't expect the pain to subside for 2 max 3 months...  :-(  he pushed right on the two spots and said they were the 2nd level - deeper level stitches.. and the pain is on the muscle.. the bulba.  but he sees no probs.. just stick with some pain meds and fight through it.. stop wearing the big pads if i can as that is just aggravating it and wear liners..  but I can start working out now!  he said could be painful for a bit but it won't hurt down there.. it's healing up nice..  :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

That's great news, Jan!  But sorry to hear the pain won't subside yet.  I'm going to call my doc's office this week to ask when I can do light exercise.  I think it would be fine to resume walking now (are you listening Silver?), but want to make sure.

If I get really full, one breast will leak while I feed with the other, but that's it - so far!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Fram I never really had leaking, except like you said when I was nursing DS sometimes the other side would leak and still does sometimes.  But I bought the nursing pads and never had to use them. 

Like Jan I had friends who would leak just hearing a baby cry or just from being around a baby; their own and others.  I never had that either.