APRIL 2013 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

APRIL 2013 TTC

tc- I'm sorry you didn't get better news.  Let us know what happens.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

Re: APRIL 2013 TTC

Hi ladies,

I hope you all get good news this month!

I wanted to know what clinic you are using/recommend? I currently use FCNE out of Reading MA. They are good so far but I have had 2 failed IVF cycles :( They don't really know what's wrong. I am doing a third cycle in June... (they keep changing the med protocol each time but after this cycle they said to get a second opinion).

Just wondering if there's any other place we should be considering...

Thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Sally - I didn't have very good luck with FCNE either. I did have a better experience at MGH. I saw Dr. Sabbatini at the Danvers office. I didn't have to go the IVF route so I can't speak to that, but I did really appreciate her knowledge and she had a much better bedside manner or whatever you call it. I felt like FCNE had a standard treatment plan that they follow where MGH treats you as an individual.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sally2340. Show Sally2340's posts

In response to Chiclet831's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for your comment Chiclet. You are right in that FCNE has a standard protocol that they do. I will look into MGH (especially since they have an office in Danvers)....I'll be interested to hear other's comments.

Ps- I am in the Reading area so something closeby for the bloodwork would be great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Insurance approvals finally came through, so we can start our IVF cycle.  I'm surprisingly nervous about it.  We met with the doctor a couple weeks ago and went over our treatment plan and it's a little overwhelming.  All those shots (shudder).

DH has to go out of town in two weeks for work and I am not looking forward to tackling being a hormonal wreck while dealing with a willful three year old on top of it.  Thankfully, my sister's going to come stay with me for a couple days to help out.  The delay in the insurance approval probably was a good thing since it ensures DH will be home in time for the egg retrieval and not traveling.

There's never a good time, though, for anything, right?  Eventually you just decide what your moments is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Sally, I've been going to Boston IVF in Waltham (they have many locations) and have been happy with it generally.

Good luck KMM!  that's so nice that your sister is going to help out. My sister is a nurse and she helped with my first injection- it got much easier after the first few and I had a serious phobia about needles (these are tiny so really don't hurt).

AFM, bad news today, my beta # is dropping so it's basically a chemical pregnancy. I'm sad that we can't have a biological sibling for DS but trying to keep in mind how lucky we are to have a child at all. Not sure if we'll look for another egg donor but I don't think I'm ready to accept that we're done. At least I can have a glass of wine as I contemplate our future...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

KMMZ-  Best of luck to you in your upcoming IVF cycle. I'm glad you got the insurance stuff all figured out.

tc- I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope you find peace and answers in the future.

Well....BFP for me.  I got a faint line on a Wondfo at 10 dpo Monday. It was an official line on the FRER last night. I'm excited but have to temper expectations knowing the possibilities. We'll likely have a viability u/s @ 7 weeks.  Not going to call the dr until Monday. Just going to enjoy it for the weekend. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

TC - I'm so sorry for your loss.  Do enjoy that glass of wine... or 5!

Wolff... yay!  So exciting - Congrats.  Definitely enjoy the weekend... but will you go in for beta levels next week?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Thanks IPW. You know that is a good question.  We had only discussed doing an early u/s.  I think I'll ask about the betas and if there is a reason for/against next week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Sorry to hear your news, tc. You definitely deserve a glass of wine tonight.

Congratulations, MW! Sending you sticky vibes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

I'm sorry for your loss TC.

MW--congratulations on the BFP!  I have everything crossed for you.  FWIW, my OB doesn't recommend betas unless you have a history of ectopic pregnancy or were undergoing fertility treatments.  If you want them, you should ask for them, but I think many doctors would say they aren't "medically necessary".  It can be reassuring to see the numbers go up though, but I guess it can be one more thing to worry about too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Thanks jlei and siena!! I thought about the beta thing over night and I think I'm going to pass. I don't want to stress out about it. I know they can be not doubling quite right and things can still be ok. I think I have enough to worry about without that!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tc, so sorry for your loss.  

MW, I think POAS tests get darker and darker in early pg if you want to go the qualitative route.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

There are a lot of things that could make a POAS more or less dark, increasing HCG in your system is only one of them.  If you think the betas would make you crazy, I would definitely not start up with the daily peeing, which will make you crazy without giving you real information.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

True, urine can be more or less diluted.  Generally, if you poas with fmu it gets darker, but you can definitely skip it all if that would drive you less nuts. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

So sorry for your loss TC.  

Congrats on the BFP, Miss Wolf!  We need a few more of those!

KMMZ, I am glad you got your approvals.  My DH has become very good at giving me shots!  I can't do it myself, so he does it for me.  I had to do it once and it took forever to get up the nerve. 

AFM, this is the second month we had to take off.  We were out of town for Easter when day 3 arrived.  Kind of frustrating because we still have the clomid challenge that insurance is requiring and then we need to get the approvals for IVF after that, so I am not expecting to get to the first IVF round until July.  I am still thinking about it though, it really makes me nervous that they play to put 3 eggs back, I don't think we could handle triplets!  

Good luck to all. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omg, you have no idea.  My friends (spontaneous) triplets are 9 months old, and I recently helped her with their 9 mo wellness appt.  It's no joke what she goes through every day.  Do not do that to yourself on purpose please, please, and triple please.

(I don't mean don't do ivf or get medical help, just saying that 3 is not fun.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Wed - sorry about another skipped month.  I am sure that is frustrating.  But without sounding cliche... July is just a few months away (thank goodness as I am ready for warmth!!)

Saw the heartbeat today - and they dated me at 6 1/2 weeks.  So it really is real.  We are still freaking out.  I guess I was getting way too comfortable and happy with us having an only... that now I'm really nervous.  Well... lots of time to get used to it... estimated due date two days before Thanksgiving.  We host our families of about 25-30... so I guess we'll have to take this year off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, MW! IPW, that's such great news! You should sit back this Thanksgiving and let the delicious food come to you :)

Wed, sorry you had to take off more time than you wanted. That's sooo frustrating. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

wed--sorry about the delays!  how frustrating!

IPW--hooray for a great u/s!  I'm so glad things are looking well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

IPW that is great!

Unfortunately for me it was just a chemical...not 100% surprised really. Sad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry, MW, that's so hard...I can relate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

I'm so sorry for your loss, MW.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

I'm so sorry to hear that, MW. Thinking of you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

So sorry to hear your news MW, that's so disappointing.

IPW, that's so great that you heard the heartbeat, such an important milestone- congrats!

Good luck everyone, hoping for some good news around here!