April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

April TTC

Happy April Fool's Day!  Hopefully this forum will be showered with good news.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: April TTC

Got a double line on the OPK yesterday, later than expected this month (I thought I missed it), so our 2ww starts........NOW!  (Well, technically, tonight, but that's not as dramatic sounding.)

GL in April, ladies!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Kar, you got me so excited when I read "double line" then I realized you talking abot OPK...silly meEmbarassed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh...sorry, but thanks for the excitement coming our way, anyway!  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Wow, I can't believe it's April already...I've been away for a few days, so I'm just catching up. Tomarra, I may have missed it, but did you get your positive OPK yet? Kar, welcome to the 2ww!

I think April Fool's Day may be playing a trick on me...I took my trigger shot 8 days ago, which essentially is a dose of HCG, the same hormone HPTs test for. It can cause false positives until the shot leaves your system, which apparently is 5-10 days. Last cycle, I tested at 9 days post-trigger and got BFN. This morning, at 8 days post-trigger, I got a faint positive. So I know it's most likely the last of the trigger, but of course I'm hopeful anyway. Tomorrow (and the next day, and the next) will tell!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, amesome news, here's hoping for more positive results!  I did get a positive OPK on Wednesday and my BBT went up this morning so it looks like I OV'ed.  I'm very excited because I'm in 2ww and leaving for vacation sunday morning.  I'm going to miss all the daily updates but I will be back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'll be on vaca this week, too.  We're leaving tomorrow.  Have a good trip, tommara!

Tang, GL with it being the real thing, but I can totally understand your reservations.  I'd assume it was the shot, too, but maybe!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good luck Tang.

Kar - woo hoo - great timing for your vaca!

Tom - enjoy your vaca, too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks for the GL wishes :) Seems pretty likely that it's the trigger, but who knows? Tomarra, that's great about your OPK! Great timing for your and Kar's vacations - it'll be great to be able to relax and focus on other things during the 2ww. I hope you're both going somewhere warm and snow-free!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  Palm Beach. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Ooh, jealous!  Have an amazing time!

Still no AF for me, and we are on CD 31, so I am going to test tonight.  I hope I don't get a horrible April Fool's Day surprise later tonight.  Yell

I am crossing my fingers and toes that it is a BFP and that it sticks and I don't have another MC.  It's just hard to be excited knowing that I'm not "in the clear", even it is a BFP. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good luck Jenn!!  I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for you, too!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Hi, happy April everyone!

I have a question about the OPKs.  I used to always get a positive around day 13-16 but think I may have missed it this month. Started testing on day 13 and there were 2 lines but I didn't think they were equally dark. Next few days they looked even lighter - so my question is, do the lines gradually fade?  My cycle might be messed up because of my last chemical pg. It's not all that important as we're not trying to conceive the usual way ... I'm just trying to get a sense of my timing as the next/final round of IVF will start on day 1 of my next cycle so I like to have a sense of the timing. Thoughts?

Enjoy the vacations Kar and tomarra!

Good luck Jenn!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tc95, For me the OPK test line will get darker as nears the peak (LH surge) and will get lighter after the peak.  I hope this help and good luck on your next cycle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, the hormone (Leutenizing sp? Hormone) ramps up (slightly) and down (slightly) before a large spike.  If your lines are almost equal, that's a positive even though the directions say "exact" because if you don't hit it the hour the surge spikes completely, the lines just won't be perfectly equal.  Good luck catching that moment!  I'd guess you got your surge on day 13 given that you said you weren't positive they weren't equal (they had to be pretty darned close for you to have any doubt) and the fact that the next day was dramatically lighter.  

My test lines can be described this way:

3 days before, no line
    2 days before surge, very light line
    1 day before surge, clear line, but definitely lighter than control
    day of surge, quite dark line (maybe not perfectly equal to control)
    1 day after, clear line, but definitely lighter than control
    2 days after, very light
    3 days after, gone

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Thanks Kar and Tomarra, that's really helpful.  I'd seen the lines get darker before but never had reason to keep testing after the surge. For some reason I was thinking there'd be no line at all after - maybe because I'd sometimes used the digital OPKs where it's all or nothing, no gradual signs. Good to know!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

TC95, I agree with you and that the digital OPK are all or nothing.  I also use the clear monitor plus strips and I'm at the mercy of the unit.  There is no way just looking at it strips and determining what they mean.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

It was no April Fool's joke - I got a BFP yesterday!  Now I'm just hoping nd praying it sticks.  How soon should I call the doctor? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Congrats Jennifr78!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Jenn...I'd call the doctor on Monday so you can schedule your first app't...most OBs won't schedule the first app't until 8-10 weeks, but if you're anxious you can ask them if you can come in for a blood test to confirm HcG levels are above 0.  Generally, unless you've had a history of MC or are working with an RE they won't do a blood test unless you ask. 

Congrats!! And lots of sticky thoughts your way! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Jenn!!!!!

The graph of how much LH is in your system (and detecatable in your urine) is a statistical bell curve where time is along the bottom and the amount of LH in your system is up the side.  

Like this, but the bell is skinnier (meaning you have less time to catch the darkest test line than this particular curve implies).
                                None       light line                               dark line               light line   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

well, it was harder than I anticipated to label the bottom and line it up right, but I'm sure you get the idea. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Congrats Jen! I agree, call your doctor on Monday. I had 2 chemicals before my recent BFP and they had me come in right away to monitor my hcg levels. I had blood drawn 3 times and then went in for an u/s yesterday (and measured 5 weeks). They are having me come in for another u/s the week after next. I know what you mean about hoping it sticks. It's hard to get excited yet. So it is nice to have the doctor monitoring this early. I'll be thinking sticky thoughts for you. Congrats again.

Kar and Tom - have great vacations!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Jenn, congratulations!  Thinking tons of sticky thoughts for you.  I think it would be worth calling your doctor on Monday--just to keep your doctor in the loop and also maybe to see if they'd recommend confirming with a blood test. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, Jenn!!!