April TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: April TTC

I did blood work this morning and just got the results and the HCG test was negative.  However, I talked with my GYN's office and they said it could still be too early so they might want to me to test again.  So I have no more information than I started the day with... frustrating! I'm two weeks late for AF so I figured with a BFN on the blood work it was pretty clear that I wasn't pg. 

Has this happened to anyone else?  Could I actually still be pg?

We are going away this weekend and I'm not quite sure if I need to be cautious about what I eat and drink. Apparently the waiting game continues...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, hate to agree with you, but after two weeks late, a blood test (which can detect the slightest amount of hCG) is definitive UNLESS (and here's the frustratingly hopeful part) they believe you might be off by a lot regarding when you ovulated/conceived.  If you're cycle was mysteriously 2 weeks longer than usual, you're not actually 2 weeks late, and you could be pg and not have enough hCG in your blood.

But, if I were you I'd essentially take the BFN to the bank - sorry to be a downer, but it's how I feel given my own experience and the results of your blood test.  I was 4 days late last time, very unusually, and blew through a million tests, all BFNs, and then finally got my period.  So, 2 weeks?  No.  Late for no apparent reason and still not pg?  Yes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Mommy - I'm sorry for your cousin and agree that all you can do for her is be there for her.  I can't imagine how angering the situation must be, nevermind the insensitivity of the RE.  If I were her, I would seek a new doctor immediately.

CLC - that's so frustrating to really have no more information.  Kar's assessment sounds spot on, and I would go ahead and enjoy your weekend away.  I'm not advocating going all out a la Charlie Sheen, but if you want a glass of wine or a margarita, go for it.  Even if you are pg and its so early that it doesn't register, there is no exhcange yet, and you wouldn't be hurting the baby.  (Please, someone, if I am wrong about this correct me immediately)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

CLC, I agree with Novembride.  Don't go too crazy, but try to live your normal life right now.  The chances that you're pregnant seem low enough that a glass of wine, and eating normally, is pretty safe. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

CCL, I just wanted to let you know that I had the same experience with the doctor's office on my 3rd cycle.  After the intial BW work they asked to wait anyother 2 weeks before they did anything and I ended up getting AF 4 days later.  It seems I OV-ed really late.  If after another 2 weeks you still don't have AF and after more BW they will usually put on provera in order to get AF going (which happen on my 4th cycle).  Good luck and try to relax (which I know hard to do & sucks).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks all!  Circ - your situation sounds exactly like what I'm going through.  Hopefully AF will come soon so I can just know for sure. 

I've decided to just enjoy the weekend and not worry too much.  We are going to my inlaws (which usually requires extra drinks Wink) but because DH will be hanging out with all of his friends from home I will offer to be driver.  It should work out perfectly, I can have a drink or two during the night and DH and his friends have a safe ride home!

Kar - no worries about being a downer, I assumed it was a BFN when I took the initial test but the doctors office had me all confused.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The frustrating part is that if you're off about when you ovulated you could be late for no reason or late for THE reason.  I have a love/hate relationship with hope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I have a love/hate relationship with hope.

Truer words have never been spoken.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hope has always been lauded up there with joy and happiness, but why?  Joy and happiness don't pull the rug out from underneath you and quietly whisper, "Ha ha, you dumb fool."

Not feeling my best today...can you tell?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I'm right there with you kar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry you guys can relate.  I'm choked up, actually...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

I like that quote too, kar. I was struggling this morning while simultaneously looking forward to and dreading dinner with a good friend who's 9 months pregnant. Can't really avoid talking about that! A lunchtime walk with DH lifted my spirits a little.

Kar, I often find myself repeating a quote to myself that you once posted - "Happiness is not a zero-sum game." I really like it....when the green-eyed monster comes out and starts begrudging my many pg friends and acquaintances, I repeat it to myself. It helps.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Sorry to hear that everyone is having a cr a ppy day. Clc, it must almost be worse not knowing because if you have something definitive you can commence with dealing with it--whatever it is--but that nagging ambiguousness just leaves you with your imagination!

AF was supposed to come today, but didn't (usually first thing in the morning). According to my temps, it looks like I just O'd, so this will probably be a long cycle with my body figuring out what to do after BC. A few days ago I noticed this internal bump where (I think) my ovary is. Is that a normal thing that happens when you O or is that weird? I just scheduled my yearly pelvic exam so if it isn't gone by then I'll ask her about it.

The downside of hope is so cruel. Sorry that everyone's dealing with disappointment today. Undecided

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Kar - I found hope fruitless and detrimental in TTC - how is that for a downer?  I preferred cautious pessimism and I am not pessimistic at all in general.

Sorry about the bad days everyone!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, lil, and everyone for chiming in and saying I'm not crazy for being all p00py on hope - thought I might be the only one.  I'm not a pessimist either, but sometimes "cautious pessimism" just plain makes life happier, ironically enough.

Speaking of disappointment, AF showed up minutes before we went to bed last night, and then woke me up later with monumental cramps that wouldn't quit.  I'm p00ped.

Group hug!!!  {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{TTC}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Kar, I'm completely with you on the hope thing.  Two years into this, with 3 failed IVFs (including with the "best chance" donor egg round), I don't have the energy to hope. It's just too difficult emotionally to pick back up after each disappointment. Not trying to be negative- by nature I'd always been a pretty optimistic person until this fertility nightmare began- but I think it's just a self-protection thing at this point.

Sorry to hear about AF's arrival. Just because I'm not hopeful for myself doesn't mean I can't hope for success for others on here!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  Sorry so MANY of you relate.  I'd just rather be surprised by great news than disappointed that it didn't happen because I expect it to each time.  I honestly do see that as a positive outlook, but that's not a popular (or at least I thought) sentiment.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Just got back from the GYN and they want to see me in another 2 weeks if AF still hasn't showed.  He seems pretty sure that I'm just off due to coming off BC so didn't seem too concerned.  Now I'm just anxiously awaiting AF's arrival so we can try again. I thought the 2ww was painful, the 5ww is officially worse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I'm on CD32 and no AF yet too. CLC, what CD are on you on? 40-something?

Also, last night Moopers, the little guy in my avatar, died. He was old and stopped eating....it was sad. DH and I got him the first summer we were dating. He was a good little guy. And I just hate to see animals like that. Frown

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Ohhh WPP I'm sorry to hear about Moopers.  That must have been very hard to watch but now you can take comfort in the fact that he's not in any pain. 

In brighter news, CD 32 with no AF sounds promising.  Have you tested or are you planning to test?  Here's hoping that you get some good news soon!

I'm on CD 45 so if I'm still without AF on CD 60 I need to go back to the doctor.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Im so sorry WPP :( 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc and WPP, I hear you guys on the long cycles.  When I was going through them it seems I have a cycle or two behind everyone else...which suck.  Hopefully AF or positive result will come soon.

AFM, I had a lousy weekend.  AF and my body were playing a nasty tricks on me.  AF decided to come and go (plus other symptoms) cause me to test on Sat. but I got a BPN.  On sunday, I went for US for clomid cycle #2 and they spotted what seems some remains of something.  They performed BW and confirm that my levels were really low( totally broke my heart).  But was given the green light to go ahead with the cycle any ways.  So, all this has put us both in lousy and unhopeful mood....how's that for a weekend.

I really hope all the rest of your ladies are doing good...thinking of you all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WPP, so sorry about Moopers - it's always so sad to lose a pet.  I still cry over my childhood dog sometimes (usually in that country song about going back to her childhood home and telling the owners her favorite dog is buried in the yard).

tomarra, let it out!  Sorry you had such a cruddy weekend.  Right along with the rest of the crew, I guess!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

WPP - sorry about Moopers. Very sad, indeed.

Tomarra, sorry you had a crappy weekend.

And hugs to everyone else having a tough time right now. Hopefully it will get better soon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

So sorry about Moopers, WPP.