August TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

August TTC

Happy August!  How's everyone doing?

Looking for a little TTC help, it's only been 2 years since we were last TTC but apparently I've forgotten everything.  If my cycles are the same as they were last time we were TTC I should have O'd yesterday.  But today I have lots of EWCM.  I did a little internet searching and it seems mixed on whether or not EWCM indicates that you are about to O of if you've already O'd.  In your experiences what does EWCM mean for you?  We BD'd Saturday night and hoping to tonight so I think I should have the window covered but just curious!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Re: August TTC

For me, EWCM meant I was about to O. Mine was a few days beforehand. I used it as a way to determine when to use the ovulation stripes to determine when the best time to try was.

"I'm always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter that makes stairs"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Hi CLC, I always noticed the EWCM right around when I was about to ovulate.  Good luck!  

Officially 8 weeks and was graduated to the OB, guess it's time to jump to the pregnancy board!  

Been quiet lately, everyone must be enjoying their summer!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

CLC - Just curious what does EWCM mean?  Also I think our LO's are about the same age.  How many months would your LO's be apart if you concieve soon?  We are trying to figure out timing.  DH thinks 3 years is good as he and his brother are almost exactly 2 years apart which he thinks was to close in age.  But I am going to be 36 in a couple of months so that is also a concern to me. 

wedoct - Congrats!  Very exciting news!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats Wedoct.  I'm sure graudating to the OB is a relief.  Good luck with a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Pugs - EWCM is egg white cervical mucous.  If we got pregnant this fall our kids would be 2 years apart.  DS was 14 months yesterday so if we get pregnant in September they will be exactly 2 years.  My brother and I are 2.5 years apart and we get along great so we are going for somewhere between 2 and 3 years apart.  Considering it took 9 months of TTC before we got PG with DS we figured we could start trying now and hopefully we will fall in the 2-3 year range.

I'm curious if history is repeating itself, just noticed blood when I went to the bathroom.  About 3 days after getting pg with DS I started bleeding, period like bleeding, that lasted until 13 weeks.  When the bleeding started I had a negative pregnancy test but because I was literally 3 days pregnant that doesn't surprise me at all.  So if this keeps up I guess I will wait 1-2 weeks and test to see if perhaps I'm pregnant again.  Otherwise this could just be my cycle working itself out.  Ahhh the joys of TTC!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Thanks for the update, clc.  Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!  It seems with many of friends, they conceived their 2 nd much quicker than the 1st. Good Luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Good luck to clc and congrats to wedoct!

I would love to join the ttc-ers again but I'm still breastfeeding and my cycle is not back yet. I had some spotting in June and then again in July so I thought my cycle might be coming back but it never really turned into anything. For anyone that has breastfed in the past, did you get AF once and then everything went back to normal or did it take some time?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cici, an egg can get released and fertilized without having had a period first.  So, while you may not be ready to "try" per se, you CAN get pg at any time.  And, yes, it takes time for af to regulate; it's all about a return to normal hormone levels.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Cicirose, with DS #1 I EP'ed for a year. I got my first PP AF at about 9 months. At 10 months, I dropped one pump and had some wonky cycles--anywhere from 5 to 8 weeks. Once I stopped all pumping, AF returned regularly (28-30 day cycle). I got pg with #2 on our third cycle after finishing BF/EPing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Thanks Kar - it is possible but I'm not getting my hopes up for that. It's just really tricky without AF to figure out when/if I ovulate. For now we are just not preventing without any expectations.

Kiwi- thank you, that is really helpful! I hope AF returns for me too as soon as I'm done breastfeeding.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No, don't get your hopes up, but know it can happen - I have a friend who really didn't know, she thought if you were bf'ing and had not gotten your period you couldn't get pregnant - when she felt a kick she found out that was a myth and 4 months later they had their second baby!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Cici, I didn't menstruate for the first 13 months of my daughter's life, due to breastfeeding.  When I cut down how often I was pumping at work, I immediately had a period; the next month I used the ovulation strips and got pregnant.  Kind of a surprise because it took 15 months to get pregnant with my daughter!  So, I'd say my cycles were pretty normal from the beginning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Hi ladies!

Well, as some of you know from the boards I have been embarking on an infertility journey and was recently given pretty bad news from doctors that I would need serious intervention to help get pregnant and an extended timeline of trying, including IVF. I began seeing an endocrinologist for thyroid, adrenal and other issues, and began meds. I was thinking this was going to be a 2 year process and I was discouraged. 

WELL! I proved them wrong! I am 8 weeks pregnant!!! 

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out. I think we conceived the week after I got all the bad news.....which is ironic! I was also drinking and not taking vitamins for the first 4-5 weeks but my doctor said no big deal. 

No one knows yet, other than my husband obviously, and I am telling my mom and sister this weekend but I have been bursting with the news! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, congrats beags!!!  Best wishes for an uneventful and healthy pregnancy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Beagles... what a fantastic story!!  I hear a lot that one's thyroid can really mess up their fertility... and once better under control, it can be much easier to get pregnant!  So happy for you. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, beagles! Happy, healthy pregnancy vibes going out to you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats, Beagles!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Congrats Beagles!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congrats Beagles!

Cici - I EP'd for 6 months, when I went back to work I dropped one of my daytime pumps and got some light bleeding for a few days and figured that was my period coming back.  I stopped EP'ing at 6 months and it took until 7 months, and going from the minipill to regular pill to get my period back.  Hopefully yours returns soon so you can start this TTC journey.

AFM, bleeding only lasted 2 days and was very light on day 2 so I'm thinking it was just my cycle working itself out.  I'm trying to wait until Saturday to test which will be 12 dpo.  I leave early Saturday morning for a bachelorette party and would like to know either way if a drink or two is okay. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Congrats Beagles!!  That's awesome!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Congratulations Beagles!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Clc - good luck on Saturday!

Thanks for the input thistle & clc. It is helpful knowing what other women experienced. I'm thinking that maybe the spotting at the end of July might have been the start of my first cycle because I may have just ovulated. I guess we'll see in a couple weeks.

I haven't been really keeping up with the previous couple months. Is anyone else TTC here right now?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

I had blood tests done over a week ago, looking for genetic abnormalities that might be causing the failed IVF cycles. The last cycle we had we didn't even get to implantation - the embryos all died/weren't viable before implantation. The tests apparently only came back yesterday and haven't been reviewed yet.

I've been working with my therapist on what my expectations are for the test results and honestly, I can say that I'm almost at peace with whatever the outcome. Almost. I have no doubt that if it's not the news we're hoping for (ie it's all normal and the nonviable embryos were just a fluke) I'll go through all the self-flagellation again, but hopefully it won't be as long a duration as last time. The waiting is the hardest part.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

KMMZ - I hope the test results have good news and that you are no longer waiting anxiously for them.