February 2013 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Re: February 2013 TTC

WPP, I'm so happy for you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Yay WPP!  Sending you lots of sticky thoughts!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Congrats, WPP! Sending you sticky vibes!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

WPP...So great, congratulations!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Yeah WPP!!! Congrats. You are the first BFP in a bit.  Maybe you can start a little trend.

What great news!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Congrats WPP! Sending sticky vibes your way!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Congratulations WPP!  

AFM, I go to the RE tomorrow and expect to get the go ahead for the trigger shot and then IUI #2 on Friday.  If this round doesn't work, the next step is go to to IVF.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Thanks, everyone! Wed, I hope your IUI is a success!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

congrats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Yay WPP!!  Great news. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissGirl. Show MissGirl's posts

Congrats WPP!!!  

Hopefully this is the beginning of a lucky streak for these boards!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

WPP, that's fantastic! Congratulations!  That's such wonderful news.

And I think I am going to see a therapist.  Less than three hours after posting that, my husband's company called me.  He was taken from work in an ambulance with chest pains.  Needless to say, it's been a really, really awful week.  He's home now, with follow up appointments for cardiologists and primary care.  He's got an arrythymia we didn't know about and it was very, very scary.  It also put a lot of things into perspective, including the fact that we've just been overwhelmed by all the cr@p we've dealing with, in terms of TTC, getting DS potty trained, DH's health issues, my own stress over work issues.  It won't be the first time I've found myself on a shrink's couch and it probably won't be the last.  It's probably healthy for me to get tuned up every few years anyway.

Thanks for the support, ladies.  You're making me feel better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

KMMZ, so sorry your DH had such a scary episode.  If he's home, he must not be in immediate danger at this point?  Best with the follow up.  maybe this prevented a massive heart attack...not that it makes it easier to have gone thorough.

regarding counseling, I'm glad to hear you're making an appointment.  Coping and relaxation skills can be learned, practiced, and can impact how stress ultimately impacts us.  I'd try to find a therapist that will focus on teaching you those skills; so many seem pleased to just let patients ramble, but ultimately what does that do? 

hugs and prayers,

~kar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Wow KMMZ, so sorry that you and your DH had such a scary day. He's doing okay now? Your family's in my thoughts; I hope you get a break soon. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

KMMZ...my thoughts are with you and your family.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

KMMZ - thinking of you and your family.  Hope your DH can rest and get the help he needs soon!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

KMMZ, how are you and your DH doing?

So I'm not ready to move to the pregnancy boards quite yet...I hope you guys don't mind me posting here :) I did a couple blood draws to make sure my levels (HCG? Beta? Same thing?) keep going up. On Thurs they were 67 and yesterday they jumped to 198! I admittedly don't know what's normal but they said it was good. I go back on Tuesday for another draw and then hopefully make an OB appt. 

Is it quiet on here because everyone is shoveling? Soon we'll have to start shipping snow to New Hampshire.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news, WPP - those numbers mean you're still pregnant. :)  I'd be reluctant to move to the pg board, too, until probably 6 weeks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Those are great numbers WPP!  You want at least a 50-60% rise every 48 hours and doubling is great.  It tells you pregnancy is trucking along, and suggests it's not ectopic.  They are testing beta-hCG, so sometimes they call it betas, sometimes HCG--same thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

WPP that's great.  Siena gave a nice explanation.

KMMZ I am sorry to hear about your DH. I hope you are both feeling better.

So I am kinda bummed out. This Thurs would have been my due date if PG #1 had panned out.  Also, I'm supposed to O this Thurs and DH is out of town. We actually haven't been able to try for the last 2 months either due to him being ill and out of town for work.  I'm trying to just go with it but it's hard sometimes. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Sending you a virtual hug, MissWolff.  EDDs are tough, so please treat yourself gently.  Also, I don't know about your DH, but mine can never remember any of our EDDs very well, so make sure you talk to him about it directly if you need a little extra support.  

KMZ--I hope your DH is recovering okay, and that the doctors will be able to help prevent another scary situation in the future.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Haha, yes.  He had no idea of course.  My next one will be the day after my bday in May.  At the time it was really cool to have that EDD and seemed like a little blessing after the first m/c.  Will make for an interesting bday.  Oh well, such is life right?  Gotta keep moving forward.  Time certainly is!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Funny, I was just thinking today that we'd have a 3 yo right now if I hadn't mc'd.  Just spent time with our friends with three 8 month olds and their 3 yo.  There are pros and cons.  Freedom from having to potty train someone is in my pros column.  It's OK to feel sad!  But, when you do if you also focus on those things you appreciate about your life and would have to give up for a child instead of just what great things could have been you might find your sadness easier to work through...there are two sides to every coin.  There must be three significant things you'd miss...(rhetorically) what are they?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Kar you are right and you always have a way of looking at the other side. I do think about those things a lot (sleeping in, going out to eat, only having to pack for myself, etc.) but sometimes I still can't get a lot of satisfaction out of them.

It's like when you were young and had the summer off...all the adults were like 'Oh you wait until you're in the real world!'  I never *really* appreciated those summers until I didn't have them anymore.

Ya don't know what you got til it's gone right?!