January TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtothis. Show newtothis's posts

Re: January TTC

I've posted here a few times, but now I'll finally admit DH and I are TTC.

Our story: we've been "trying" since this summer with no luck. mainly because we don't BD! DH suffers from some medical stuff that gives him absolutely no drive/desire/ability. It's really tough on us. He's seeking medical help for it, but meds that worked in the past don't seem to be working. He's working with his doctors to straighten that out. But nothing seems to be working just yet. We know we can get pregnant, since we have a LO.

Last night I told DH that this was our week, I should be O'ing this week and we should BD twice this week. Normally I don't tell him the time frame, but just trying to create the mood doesn't work.

I'm also not sure what's up with my cycles, I used to be a steady 28 day cycle, now every 2-3 months AF arrives 2 days early.

I get all the TTC stress and anxiety with none of the BDing fun. If we BD this week then I feel as though we have a fighting chance for a BFP, but I don't feel as though I have a fighting chance to BD. Not a fun place to be mentally.

So, that's my TTC story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Sorry to hear of your situation newtothis.  It sounds like you are both being proactive about it though, with him seeing a doctor and you letting him know the timeframe.  Good luck this week! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Happy New Year! Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays, and the return to work isn't too painful...

I've had a pretty wild and willy week in terms of TTC. I'm wondering if anyone can help me make sense of this series of events...

I hadn't O-ed since coming off BCP months ago, so had my first RE appointment and ultrasound last week, along with a round of Provera so I could have day 3 bloodwork. Got a call from RE's office last Thursday, right after I took my last Provera pill, saying it looked like I was about to O (all by myself! Go, ovaries!) and to start using OPK and BD-ing. Dusted off my cheapie Amazon OPK strips, and...got what appeared to be a positive! Commenced BD-ing.

I have 2 questions for you sage ladies:

1. I got the (seemingly) positive OPK Thurs afternoon...but not since. The kit says a positive should stay positive for several days...? I just learned from the other thread that you should test in the afternoon rather than the morning, which I guess could be the problem (I'd assumed you should test first thing in the a.m., like with pg tests).

2. This is TMI, but pretty much right after we got the positive OPK and BD-ed, my n*pples started hurting! They've felt very sore every day since. But no more positive OPK, and no other symptoms. Could this be a symptom of O-ing, and if so, why would it last 5 days and counting? My crazy brain wants to think it could be a pg symptom, but I know that's not possible since a.) if conception did happen 4 days ago, implantation wouldn't have yet, and b.) I had just finished a week of Provera, so it's likely that AF will turn up and wipe out any chances of pg this time.

Has anyone experienced any of this stuff? TTC is such a rollercoaster; I feel like I have no idea what's going on with my body right now :) Thanks so much!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Tangerine - Before I got PG my nips were always sore and very sensitive at O time... so that definitely could be a sign!   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tangerine- For me I get nip soreness while OV and it usally last 5 to 7 days or until AF arrives.  Keeping my fingers crossed that your nothing like me and it good news!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks, LilSprout and tomarra! Feeling slightly more normal now :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Newtothis - Just wanted to say that we both had some issues with drive while TTC. I feel your pain and wish you the best of luck!

Tangerine - I used the cheapy strips, but only for one or two months. I don't recall the directions saying that a) you would see a positive result for more than one day or b) you should test in the afternoon. In fact, I distinctly remember them not saying when to test. But I could be wrong!! I would do it in the am, because I thought that made sense due to pregnancy test instructions. When I really thought O was going to occur, I'd also do it when I got home from work just in case.

Sounds like the n*pple soreness could be either a result of the drugs or a result of being much more in tune with your body. I know I had never noticed a pain/cramp during ovulation before, but I did once I knew when to expect it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thistleflower. Show thistleflower's posts

Tangerine, you might be using different strips than mine, but I only ever get a positive one day per month regardless of time of day when I test.  It doesn't stick around.  12 hours or so prior to the positive the second line will be darker than usual (but not as dark as the control line, usually) and 12 hours later, the same--but by 24 hours after the positive, it's clearly negative again. 

I get sore nipples (okay, just one, on just one breast--beat that for weirdness) most months.  I'm not sure if it's an ovulation thing or just dry skin, but it unfortunately has not been a sign of pregnancy for me. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

I second the possibility of being more in touch with your body. I can never remember feeling soreness there during ovulation, but the 2nd month we were TTC I did and got so excited that it could be a pg sign. It wasn't and when I did get pg, the soreness was much later and more intense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks, ladies. AF arrived yesterday, much to my chagrin. Still have the n*pple soreness, which I have to think is more than just being in tune with my body...they seriously hurt!! Trying to remember if I had that symptom last time I o-ed, which would be about 11 years ago :) I honestly think my body's confused at the moment. Hopefully my RE will clear things up for me today.

Hope everybody's doing well!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tangerine- Did you still continue to take the provera even though the office saying your OV-ing?  If yes, you may get another AF in 14 days and They might test you again for day 3 testing.  This happen to me which delayed all of my testing.

Newtothis- I'm so sorry to hear your having such a hard time TTC.  Since AF is arriving two day early you may want to start BD 2 days ealier then usual.

My problem is that I won't OV and when I do it is not constant.  So, it was a guessing game as to when to BD.  But I do know that one day I will be sucessful and so will the rest of you.

Good luck!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

In Response to Re: January TTC:
    [QUOTE]Tangerine- Did you still continue to take the provera even though the office saying your OV-ing?  If yes, you may get another AF in 14 days and They might test you again for day 3 testing.  This happen to me which delayed all of my testing. [/QUOTE]

Hi tomarra - sounds like I'm in a similar boat re: unpredictable O-ing! Have you gotten a diagnosis? Just got back from my RE appt - turns out I apparently did not O, so it's back to the drawing board. She suspects I have hypothalamic amenorrhea, so I get to have a brain MRI, and assuming that's clear, it's onto Clomid. Have you tried Clomid or an injectible yet? I'm sending good wishes your way!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tangerine- I have PCOS and we going to do a couple more cycles menformin before we try clomid.  It's weird my gut keeps telling to be patient but the logic is wants clomid!  My gut hasn't failed me yet so we'll shall see.
    I'm not familar with hypothalamic amenorrhea but I do hope it's an easy fix if that it's the case.  Good luck to you too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jennifyr78. Show jennifyr78's posts

Hi everyone, and happy new year!  I never thought I would be so anxious for AF to arrive!  If you recall, I had a M/C in early December, and need to wait 2 regular cycles to start trying again.  I have no idea when to expect my period since everything got all wacky.  I just want AF to get here to I can start tracking again, and then start trying again ASAP. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

This week should be our week by my calculations.  I sort of got fed up with the OV strips... and the last 2 cycles have been a very predictable 28 days... so we are just BDing every day this week and I'm not testing.  It really helps that we had last week off and so the stress levels are much lower than normal.  Finding the energy and interest to BD is sooo much easier when we're not dead tired and beat from work. 

oh... and I'm definitely getting traing for when we do get pg... our new puppy has been getting up at 2:30 and 4:00 and demanding attention.  So I'm already working on functioning during the day after getting a very interrupted night's sleep :o)  that and DH is already getting pretty good at making sure I've woken up to take care of the crying and then going back to sleep himself.  But its all good... the puppy is adorable and after a few stressful weeks of trying to figure out the new "normal" I'm starting to really enjoy having her around.

Best wishes in 2011 to all of you on the TTC boards.  Hoping for lots of BFPs this year!! 

oh... and I can also say I've noticed sensitive nips this week (I should be Oing today or tomorrow) ... though I agree it could just be I am much more in tune with my body these days.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

I started using the OPK this month and finally got a smiley face yesterday on CD14. My cycle is 26-27 days so I thought I would have gotten it sooner. Either way, BD'd last night and will again tonight and will be in the 2ww again.

Bostongrl - funny that you mention your puppy waking you up. We have 2 dogs that are 3yo (so not even puppies anymore!) and one of them woke me up 2x in the middle of the night last week on 2 separate days. She was just wagging her tail and sticking her nose in my face, wanting to play. What the heck. She is just so cute but DS was also sick those nights and was up 2-3x himself. (DH hears none of this). Boy was I tired!  Good luck with the puppy and TTC!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My OPK positive lasts one day and fades quickly from then on.  The first day you get a positive looking result marks the beginning of your 48 hour ovulation window.

newtothis, hoping your DH gets those issues worked out soon not only for your BD hopes but your marriage - it must be a strain in more ways than one.

I'll be updating the OPK photo thread today with Day 9 and 11.  Was out of town and skipped yesterday's test, sorry.  Hopefully, I didn't miss this month's positive result.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtothis. Show newtothis's posts

Thanks everyone for the support.

Does anyone else get really bloated and gassy when they are O'ing? For the past two month's I've been this way, never before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Newtothis- yes combine with a grumpy mood and lately my pee has been cloudly too!  I went to the doctors yesterday to rule out an infecation but it was negative.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Novembride--I'm late to this, but your DH's dream reminded me of a dream I had when one of my friends was pregnant.  I dreamed that she had twin boys and named them Linus and Minus.  She ended up having ONE girl.  Hopefully your DH's dream is as inaccurate as mine was! ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fallgrl. Show Fallgrl's posts

Novembride - I'm also late to this.. But your Post just made me crack up!

I have been away from these boards for a while, but was wondering how long everyone has been TTC... We are now on our 5th month - Hoping 2011 is going to be the Year=)

Good Luck Ladies!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

26 months

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

one year and 6 days.  I had my first acupuncture appointment yesterday and loved it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fallgrl. Show Fallgrl's posts

I have heard a lot of great things about Acupuncture... If we don't get a BFP in the next few months, that is definitely something I am going to consider!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm glad others were as entertained by DH's dream as I was.  I told him it means we should get another dog before we get PG, but he isn't falling for it.

Fall - I'm in my second cycle since stopping BCP, so I'm still new to this.  I fully admit, however, to lurking here for several (alright, like 12 +) months.  

Congrats on your BFP twin!