June TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

June TTC

June is here...which means summer is almost here!

I got another positive on the OPK this morning but no sign of OV yet.  I hope you all are good and enjoying this beautiful day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Re: June TTC

Awesome, tomarra! This is a dumb question, but how do you know when O happens? Do you get O pains? I can't seem to tell when it's actually happened...I just try to draw conclusions based on the timing of my trigger shot and my temps.

How's everybody else doing?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Tan, I take my BBT every day so i know by the temperature rise.  If it wasn't for that i would be clueless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The temperature rise occurs after ovulation, and the OPK is positive 24 - 48 hours before it.  So, she knows the exact fertility window by those bookends.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

We are TTC for #2 this month, but I am so frustrated with my Mirena!  I had it in for 2.5 years and had a day of spotting once a month, fairly regularly.

I was due to ovulate May 18ish, so I had my IUD out that week.  I bled 2 days later like the dickens!  Then it just stopped after a day or so, but had another day of red spotting a couple days later.  Now, 3 weeks later, I am bleeding AGAIN heavier than any of my periods have ever been and full of clots.

I don't even get it- the Mirena is supposed to THIN your lining, so I don't know where all this is coming from.  I also have no idea when I'll ovulate next and dont know which of these (if any) count as a "period".  I cannot believe I've been bleeding off and on for almost a month now, argh!  I suppose it doesn't even make sense to try to BD now with the bleeding.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I am not planning to call the OB because although she denied that I would bleed after removal, it makes sense to me (I'm a nurse) because you are removing the progesterone-laced IUD and low prog levels are what stimulate a period.  I've also read about people hemmoraging after mirena removal, but thankfully that is not me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Hughkona, did you remove the Mirena just recently? It may take a few months for your cycle to regulate after being on BC for a few years (expelling the hormones, allowing the body to get back on it's preferred schedule). One poster had a 60 day cycle after stopping her BC. Do you have any pain with the bleeding? I'd say if you have pain to call the doc now but if not, wait for a few months to see if your body will normalize on your own. Were you regular before the Mirena?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Yup the poster with the 60 day cycle, that was me! I agree with WPP that you might want to wait it out and see if it normalizes.  However, if your bleeding is really heavy it might be worth a call to the doctor.  I had some trouble when I first started BC and had my period for two straight months which left me anemic.  I wouldn't let you get yourself to that point.  Good luck and welcome to TTC (again!).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Hug, How are you feeling?  I hope you able to see the doctor. 

Boston, I think your appointment with the doctor's is coming up soon...it must be exciting.

Tan, How are things with you?

I hope everyone else is doing great and I hope you get outside today to enjoy the beautiful day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

AF came this weekend, only a 34 day cycle this time.  Such an improvement from 60 days. 

Hope everyone else is doing well!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

clc, That's a great improvement.  Hopefully your cycle is on the road of getting more regular.  Who knows maybe some day soon you will sharing your exciting news!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Tomarra!  I seriously hope so.  I talked with DH about the OPK strips last week because shockingly I can't wait until the end of the summer to get them.  So I figured I would see if he wanted to move up that self imposed timeline.  Apparently not, he said he would think about it and we could discuss again.  He's worried that it will take the "fun" out of it.  I see his point but I will keep working on him Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If he thinks it will take the fun out of it, you can do what I do with the strips.  Don't tell him.  Just shower, spritz with perfume, and wear your sluttiest lingerie when you need him to get the hint.  'Course, if you only go all out like that once a month he'll get the picture, but if you do it more often than you have to, he'll never know (or care!).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

clc... thats awesome!  Now that your cycle is normalizing, maybe you don't need the opk's.  A 34 day cycle only leaves a ~10 day window (CD10-CD20) for ovulation.  That is a much more managable timeframe to try to stick with every other day compared to the monster window you had with a 50-60 day cycle. 

Tomarra ... thanks for thinking of me :o)   I did have my appt Friday.  I was a bit disappointed that they wouldn't even try to find the heartbeat with the doppler.  It is office policy to not try before 9 weeks and I was only 8.  Now I have to wait until my ERA ultrasound at 12 weeks ... July 1st never seemed so far away!  The biggest debate is how much longer to keep it secret.  I wasn't going to tell work until July anyways... but I was hoping to tell family in June.  And as excited as I am, my prior mc has me worried still.  Things do feel right this time, but until I can see the little bugger and know that it is thriving, I dont think I want to get my family all excited.  I know there is nothing they can do if it is not developing, but it still surprised me that they would wait until 12 weeks to even check to see if it had a heartbeat.

Oh well... this whole experience is a lesson in patience.

I hope June is a great month and there are lots of BFPs :o)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They don't try before 9 weeks because they might not find it that early even if everything is on track, and then they have to say it's "inconclusive."  That's way worse than just waiting 'til it definitely will be conclusive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Anyone here? I'm half way through the 2ww but it's killing me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Good luck this month Tomarra! 

I'm here, just starting my cycle so nothing to report.  Anyone else notice that their chest (seriously BDC "Change it; don't disguise it"). shrunk considerably after coming off BC?  I honestly need to go buy new bras because they are so big on me now (I was never big to begin with so not filling out my B cups is pretty upsetting). DH has found this thoroughly amusing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm here - got AF 2 days ago so nothing going on here.  

clc, great news about your shorter cycle.  Hopefully, the trend continues.

Have you lost weight overall since coming off BC?  If so, your b00bs might just be proportionally smaller.  I lost weight all over when I stopped taking BC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks, Kar.  I hope it continues too.  Sorry to hear about AF.

I don't actually own a scale so I don't know for sure but I would say that I've probably lost a little weight since coming off BC.  Not enough to lose a cup size but oh well.  I just hate having to buy more expensive bras.  Seriously, the prices at VS are outrageous.

I'm heading to the gym tonight for the first time in months.  I started a new job 6 months ago and this is the first time I've felt I could fit it in.  Here's to hoping that I don't collapse during class Tongue out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, bras are ridiculously expensive.  But, have fun shopping, anyway. Bras do wear out, sometimes so slowly we don't realize it, and I'm sure you'll enjoy some nice new ones.

Have fun at the gym - I'm sure you'll do and feel great!  I lose weight in my b00bs first, by the way, so sad. :(

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I only thing I noticed when I got off the BC was more skin break outs and a increased sex drive.  I also find that when I loss weight it first comes from the chest then slowly works it's way down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

CLC, are you still with us?  How was the gym last night?

I gained weight after stopping BC and I'm pissed about it.  There, I put it out there.  Now I feel better.  Thanks for the vent.

Re: new bras.  Don't they feel so great?  Always gives me a lift, pun intended.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's too bad, Nov.  I lost weight only because the BC made me feel hungry all the time so obviously I snacked less when I stopped taking it.  But, it affects everyone's sense of hunger differently.  I gained 30 lbs on it, actually, and to lose it I simply counted calories.  I aimed for 1700 per day and lost about 1/2 lb a week. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I'm here!  It felt great to get back to the gym.  I did a Zumba class and it was a blast. I'm headed back tonight (work permitting) to do a Power Hour weights class.

I will be heading out this weekend to pick up some new bras.  Unfortunately I owned these ones for less than a year but I'll hold onto them.  Maybe I'll grow back into them some day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm working on losing it as well.  I didn't change what I ate when I stopped (I have now, obviously) but maybe something in my metabolism changed?  Stupid hormones.  Ugh!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Your hormones do have a tremendous impact on weight gain/loss.  My mom is struggling to lose weight on a very calorie-restricted diet because her adrenal gland isn't working properly.  It's VERY complicated!

clc, glad you had a great workout!  Usually, the toughest part is just getting up the gumption to get there. :)