March 2013 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: March 2013 TTC

Interesting.  It makes sense, I guess, that it would stimulate whichever set of reproductive parts you have, lol. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Quiet over here.  Great to see some exciting updates from WPP on the other boards, our newest graduate :-)  So I had a travel clinic appointment this morning for vaccinations - I'm travling to Africa in 3 weeks.  I read up quite a bit on what they would be recommending; Hep A&B, Tdap and Yellow Fever - the last being a live virus vaccine.  Since we have all but officially stopped TTCing, I haven't been keeping track of my cyclecs at all.  Had AF cramps big time yesterday and last night so fully expected her this morning.  Woke up with no headache and no AF (the latter brings about the former).  I think because I was already nervous about getting all the shots... something made me test.  Well... this is the absolute one month I absolutely did not want to get PG because of my week-long 3rd-world trip (which is for work and I cannot move it, change it or not go).  Well... wouldn't it be so that it was a BFP.  Oh boy.  I wouldn't be far along at all as I feel like it wasn't too far back I had AF.  As some recall, I miscarried last June at around 7-8 weeks, am 38 with very, very diminished ovarian reserve (FSH=21!!), DH, 42 with few good and many confused swimmers.  So I'm not holding out major hope.  In fact I was getting really excited these past many months of having my favorite only awesome little boy and just being the best mom to him that I can be.

Anyways, I bought another test just in case the first test with two immediate, dark lines is a figment of my imagination.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fakinbacon. Show fakinbacon's posts

OH WOW!!!  Congrats IPW...I'm thinking about you!  Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans (Lennon), yes?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Congrats IPW! I'm holding out hope for you! :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

IPW, I am sending lots of happy sticky thoughts your way.  Seems like you're in a good place whether the dark line sticks or not, but I do hope it does!! 

Also, how awesome is your new job that you're going to Africa?!?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siena09. Show siena09's posts

Congrats on your BFP, IPW!  I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.  

I hope the Africa trip works out alright with this new twist.  Sounds like a great adventure! :)  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Anyone have to write the insurance company an appeal letter for coverage? They came back and said since we're both healthy, they'll cover my PGD but not IVF until we've been "trying" for a year. DH & I want to appeal to see if they'll start coverage earlier than that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

IPW, I am so happy for you!  What are the risks of getting the live vaccine while PG?  I will think good thoughts for you, it gives me hope!  

Northern, sorry, no advice for you.  I wanted to appeal our recent denial too, though decided not to bother.  Ins is making us do this clomid challenge that I mentioned previously and my RE suggested we combine it with and IUI since we have to do it anyway though the ins company denied the IUI.  We had to take this month off from treatment due to timing and we are going away for Easter weekend which will likely be when day 3 arrives so next month may be out too.  It may be June before we get to our IVF round. 

I was shocked when the RE mentioned that based on my age, they would put back 3 fertilzed eggs (assuming we have that many).  I really don't want triplets!  One healthy baby is all I think I could handle!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Wow, congrats IPW, that's great news (even if the timing isn't ideal)!

I'm sort of in the 2ww as I had my transfer on Tuesday. Our egg donor must have done this one too many times as she only had 9 eggs retrieved (had far more in her prior cycles). We ended up having 2 good embies to transfer but none left to freeze. Basically this cycle is it. I'd love to experience another pregnancy and for DS to have a sibling but I guess if it's meant to be it'll happen. Easy to be rationale now but I'll be a nervous wreck by the time I go for the blood test.

Hope spring brings lots more BFPs!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

congrats IPW! Northern, i would give resolve a call at 781 890 2250 they may have resources for you guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Congrats, IPW!!  That's so fabulous!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jleighla7. Show jleighla7's posts

Congrats IPW! Sending you sticky vibes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, IPW!! Sticky, healthy thoughts to you. And when do you go to Africa? How long will you be there? Oh, the journey of life! lol

Northern, you've been off BCP for a long time, right? I would think that counts as "trying." Maybe you can swing it that way. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hibernian15. Show Hibernian15's posts

I'm official now. 16 weeks, no genetic issues. We're healthy over here. I can finally relax. Hopefully I can extend that feeling for a few months until I start stressing about actually having the baby.

I hope to see many of you soon on the other boards! Good luck IPW and tc. I'll hope to see you ladies over there soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats IPW - what a happy surprise!  Sticky thoughts. :)

And, great news, Hib!  I hope you can relax and enjoy your pg now that you've gotten this far and genetic issues have been ruled out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

Wow ipw!!!  Keep us posted!!!  :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Hib... so happy for you.  What a relief... and now hopefully you can really enjoy your pregnancy and start to make some fun plans!!

AFM, its not a fluke.  I'm officially PG, for now, probably about 5 1/2 weeks.  Beta Friday was 605 and yesterday was 1259.  So its definitely going in the right direction.  They scheduled a U/S for next Wed.  I just love, love, love these doctors.  I'm not even officially their patient anymore (since we passed on any IUI/IVF) but they are still so caring and warm and happy to see me during the early weeks until (and if) its time to find an OB.  I'd need a totally new one as the one(s) that I saw for DS 2 1/2 years ago have retired from the OB part of OBGYN.  There are two brand new, very young doctors in my old practice just out of residency.  As long as I'm not high risk due to age (would be 39 at delivery), I think I'll pick one of these two as I like young doctors.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

IPW congrats, that is great news!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

IPW, I love hearing that your numbers are going up!  Will be sending good thoughts your way! 

And Hib, such good news! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Just lurking over here today, but wanted to share in the congrats.  So exciting IPW!  People always say that it happens as soon as you stop trying! :) 

Congrats on the 16 week milestone Hib!  And for the good genetic reports!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Congrat IPW, what a wonderful surprise!!! Congrats Hib on making it to 16 weeks!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Also lurking, as usual.  Congrats and best wishes to IPW, Hib, and TC!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

So excited for you IPW!  That is great news!  I hope everything goes smoothly!

Tc - I am so hoping for you with this transfer!  Good luck!  Of course we both share the donor experience but yours has been even harder with a 2nd donor round!

Congrats Hib!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Thanks for the good wishes but things look bleak. I started testing at home a week after the transfer and got BFPs each day so was a little optimistic but my beta was only 18 on Saturday.  I have to go back on Tuesday but it's incredibly unlikely I'll stay pregnant with a number that low. I'm so bummed- didn't think it'd be this hard. I was so hopeful when our donor agreed to another cycle, it didn't really think of it not working. Can't imagine going with yet another donor so we might be done but I guess we'll give it a little time. Ugh.