October 2013 TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

October 2013 TTC

Figured I'd jump start this months TTC thread.

Last week, I had my IUD removed.  I was nervous bc a friend told me it hurt but it was removed and I didnt even feel it! 

Now, it consumes me!  All I can think of "what is happening in my body?", "Am I pregnant?"  Ahhhhhhh!  The waiting game! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: October 2013 TTC

Good luck Pugs!  I'm in week two of the 2ww.  Waiting until Saturday morning to actually test.  Can't come soon enough!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Just got a ton of IVF meds delivered, yet no phone call from my dr telling me when to start taking them. The communication's been pretty poor of late, so I guess I'm calling on my lunch break again today.

Speaking of meds, I have leftover, unused meds from my last cycle that I won't be using on this cycle (and, even though I told them I didn't need to because I already had it, they delivered more of one type of medication). Does anyone use Village Pharmacy and know if they'll take unused meds back?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Lurking here...

KMMZ, I used Village and found their customer service pretty good. I *think* they take return meds, but it depends on what they are and how they're stored--it may be easier to return unopened pills stored at room temp rather than injectables that need refrigeration, for example. I'd call them or check out their web site--did you register online with them? That helps with navigating their system too. 

Good luck in the 2ww, Chiclet And with the IUD removal, pugs! Did you use the Mirena or the hormone-free one? Is there any waiting period (like with the depo) or do things return to normal right away?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

KMMZ -  Good Luck with IVF!  Sounds like WPP has a good idea! 

WPP - I used the Mirena.  My doctor told me that we could start trying right away because you still ovlatuate with the Mirena.  So we will see...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

clc - any update?  Im in the 2 ww right now but dont feel any different:(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks for checking on me... Lots of BFNs and no AF.  So frustrating.  I'm currently on day 38.  I'm use to a long cycle but this is nuts.  Hoping AF is on her way!

Good luck in the 2ww Pugs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Got AF this morning and finally got ahold of my RE last week.

Two weeks on BCP again, starting today, with 7 days of lupron injections starting next Friday. Inducing another cycle so they can start with the next round. I'm going to get my period twice in two weeks. Oy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Sorry to hear that clc.  I had my fingers crossed for you.  Hopefully next month or the test were wrong?  Did you try the ovualtion kit yet?  Are you taking your temp first thing in the am? 

KMM - Im not fimilar with the process or acronyms. But I hope the meds help you produce lots of eggs!  Two times in 2 weeks doesnt sound fun...hopefully they are really short!

I have a lot going on this month including a hotel room/night in Boston with my girlfriend to celebrate some bdays.  If Im not drinking my cover will be blown!  If Im pregnant maybe I can make an excuse and still pay for the room?!?!  Maybe Ill test this weekend. 

Its kind of wierd last time I tested as soon as I thought I could and this time Im not in such a rush to know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

clc, you never know, maybe you ovulated late and there isn't enough hCG to register...not to get your hopes up, but 38 days?

KMMZ, ugh, 2 in one month...yuck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks!  I will test again in a few days if AF still hasn't started.  However, last month my cycle was 46 days so I guess 38 isn't out of the norm.  I did do the OPK strips this month and I got a positive on day 15 so I have no clue what's going on.

Sorry to hear about the two periods in 2 weeks KMMZ.  That doesn't sound like fun at all!  Hopefully this will be your last round of meds, good luck!

Pugs - you should still go out with your friend.  Sounds wonderful!  Most people don't pay too much attention so "sipping" from a glass of wine or bottle of beer should be enough cover for you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sigh, I understand - do you know how much money I wasted the month my cycle was 50 days?!  Ah, perimenopause...well, at least in my case, I'll be 42 in Jan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I tested again on Saturday, another BFN.  Oh well... I'm only 28 - don't wish perimenopause on my yet!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

28?  My doctor told me that is the IDEAL time in a woman's fertility life.  Yay you!  

I was married to someone I had a sense I'd divorce at that age so I pretended I didn't want kids.  :(  Now, I'm married to the man of my dreams and it's too late given we don't want to get any medical help.  Oh, well, we're happy as-is, and very frankly might resent having my currently life turned upside down by a child.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

BFN for me too :(

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry Pugs! Hopefully you can enjoy your girls night in they city now.  AF finally started for me so looking forward to my next cycle.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

Thanks clc!  I am looking forward to my girls night out!  And the Red Sox will be playing too!  It should be fun.  Def looking to my next cycle too.  AF came this morning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc95. Show tc95's posts

Hi ladies, hoping to get some thoughts on whether I should get a 2nd opinion. After realizing donor egg was our best option some time back (I'm over 40), we had success on our 4th IVF attempt and have a wonderful toddler son. Since having him, I've had 4 additional rounds (with 2 different donors- long story) but still no success. I really like our dr at BIVF but wondering if we should get another opinion. We've only got 3 frozen embies left so thinking one last transfer and that's it, we accept that our son will be an "only" and move on with our lives. But should I see if another dr has other suggestions for protocols for our last frozen cycle?

Hope others are doing better today, I made the mistake of getting my hopes up a little with this round so disappointed by the news. Need to keep repeating: grateful for DS, grateful for DS....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

tc95- Im not really sure what to say except that it couldnt hurt to get a 2nd opinion.  Sorry about your disappointing news, I understand, it totally consumes you when your in the thick of it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMMZ1012. Show KMMZ1012's posts

Tc95 - I admit I'm not familiar with the donor egg process, but are they prepping you for the transfer the same way each time or are they using different protocols each time (trying something new)?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tc, what would be the downside of getting a second opinion?  Seems like if you're so inclined to seek one, go for it.