September TTC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

Re: September TTC

Thanks Twin!  I am trying not to get my hopes up knowing it might not work this time, though it is hard not to think about it.  I haven't felt any different other than my chest is sore, though not overly so.  I don't usually get PMS other than a minor backache the day AF arrives so we will see what happens this time around.  

I had a positive OPK on Friday afternoon and my IUI was Saturday morning, hopefully it wasn't too late!  They scheduled the IUI based on the timing of the Ovidrel shot and didn't even mention OPK, I just did it b/c I was curious.  Do you think I still have a chance?  We didn't BD since Wed night as they told me not to for 2 days prior.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You ovulate 24 - 48 hours after a positive OPK, so yes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Correction, you ovulate (on average) 12-48 hours after your LH surge; a positive OPK could detect the surge at the beginning, middle, or end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Hey Ladies!!
    Good luck to everyone this month! I'm officially on the TTC train (and a little scared about it!). We just got back this AM from an awesome vacation in Costa Rica. I got the egg white discharge while we were there, so because of that and because it was vacation, we did a lot of BDing! I'm sure it won't happen the first month of trying, but knowing we're working toward something (someone mentioned last month GOF, which I really like!!) makes me acutely aware of my body.
    I'm also on the trying to lose weight train (although the Ramen I'm boiling right now certainly doesn't help! We haven't gone grocery shopping in a month because we've been away every weekend, then for the last week and a half...it's like a famine in our kitchen!) and looking forward to being back from vacation and getting back into my gym/healthy eating routine.
    Good luck everyone!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Good luck Katel, I have heard vacations bring on the babies!  You never know, if you got the timing right, you could get pg on your first try. Esp. since you said your cm was the right consistency.  I didn't get pg till I used the ov. strips to get the timing right, before that we were bding at the totally wrong times!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My OPK kit says 24 - 48 hours later.  Maybe they are of different sensitivities.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I look at it this way... If your surge starts at 8:00 am, and you don't take a test until 6:00 pm, then it would seem that you could ovulate sooner than 24 hours later.  (I have no idea how long a surge lasts so I just chose random times.)
    If two women both take a test at 6:00 pm and the other surge just started, how could they both ovulate 24-48 hours later?  Wouldn't the first ovulate sooner since her surge started 10 hours prior?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snapdragon79. Show snapdragon79's posts

I guess I should start using an OPK! Which one would you guys recommend?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Snap, I had great luck with the Answer OPK for both BFPs.  Lots of strips, easy to read in my opinion.  After a month or two each time, I noticed a real pattern of the strip gradually darkening before the positive, so I actually would start the BDing right before it seemed like it would be positive and then continued for the time it was positive.. and sometimes like a day after.  It seemed to work both times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I caved last night and purchased a First Response test and took it last night... BFN, not even a hint of a second line.  I guess I will wait until Saturday and test again.  Am still having weird cramp/stitch like pains in my lower abdomen and am feeling cranky and emotional, but am giving up hope for this month at a rapid rate.

Snap - I used/am using the Clear Blue digital kit (about $30 on Amazon for 20 strips).  The whole light line/dark line thing just sounded too confusing for me, although others have noted that if you have an irregular cycle the digital ones may not always work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Tomarra--Metformin is notorious for GI side effects.  That's one of the reasons that you have to taper on to it slowly.  I think most people start with a 500 mg dose and then once they adjust to it, the dose gradually increases to whatever dose it should be.  I had problems at first too, but eventually they lessened in severity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I am starting to get a lower backache, the normal sign that AF is arriving so I am a bit disappointed.  it is supposed to arrive on Friday.  I am thinking about testing tomorrow morning anyway and seeing what happens.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

It's appropriate that the tww/alcohol/caffeine convo is en fuego today, as I'm in my first official two week wait...woo!  Just wanted to share since I'm not sharing it with anyone else! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Good luck, Sprout!

Prill, don't get discouraged. It could still be really early and also, if you're going to test early you should most certainly use FMU (first morning urine).

But, even if this isn't your month, you have a good chance next time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Me too! First official two week wait starts this weekend, I guess. I thought I had OVd in Costa Rica, because I got the egg whitey discharge, but then I got it today again, and definitely more egg whitey than last week...so either I OVd twice or I was mistaken in Costa Rica...this is my first month off the pill, so it could also be me um...clearing stuff out, for lack of a better term! So, I figure I'll start the 2ww this weekend, after some serious GOF over the next few days! Good luck, Sprout!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good luck to Sprout and katel (and any other new TTCers!) as you start your journey!  Hopefully, it will be short yet lots and lots of relationship building fun. ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

I ended up testing this morning and got a BFN.  I still have 2 days before I expect AF, so it could still happen though not feeling so positive.

Good luck everyone!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxgirl07. Show Soxgirl07's posts

I also broke down and tested early and got the BFN. My cycle is usually 29 days, but was 34 last month so I was going to wait until Saturday to test since I wanted to use FMU and am usually in such a rush, but I got to go in late to work yesterday so I couldn't resist the extra time in the morning... and my b**bs feel sore and that has never been an AF symptom for me. Oh well, should've just stuck to my original plan!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Katel, good luck!  My first month off the pill there was all kinds of new [dare I say "globby"] stuff going on down there...  I'm trying to not pay too much attention to CM at this point since it's our first go at it.  Have fun! 

FMU...there really is an acronym for everything!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from twin04. Show twin04's posts

Good luck to all 1st cycle TTCers. I'm so excited for you!!!

Wed and SoxGirl -It is still early. You're not out until she shows. KMFX for you!!!

AFM - CD1 today! CD3 b/w Sat, followed by and HSG on Tues.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I am pleased to read that I am not the only one who caved and tested early!  I think I will test again tomorrow a.m - which will be two weeks since my second IUI.  I remain in a position of not wanting get too excited by the possibility/giving up all hope for this month - there were just too many bodily functions and random aches and pains to continue trying to analyze them all!!

Good luck to everyone else still in 2ww!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good luck everyone!!!

Katel - The month that we conceived, I noticed CM (egg whitey stuff) on a Thursday (or so) and was so confused because I knew there was no way I was ovulating already.  I noticed it again on Monday, which still seemed too early, so we BD'ed on Tuesday and that was the magical day!  I guess I am saying, whenever you notice CM, it's worth a shot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedoct09. Show wedoct09's posts

AF came this afternoon, so it's time to start IUI cycle 2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Sorry Wedoc!  AF is awful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

B. F. N.

Now at work trying to act like everything is great. Think happy thoughts... think happy thoughts....

Now just wait for AF and look towards IUI round two.... looks like where in this together Wed.