How can you find a brownstone to renovate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelnlink. Show michaelnlink's posts

How can you find a brownstone to renovate?

I wanted to know, does anyone have any suggestions on how to search for buildings that may not be in the best shape but would be good for renovation projects?  Specifically brownstones in the downtown Boston area.  Appreciate any advice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harper10884. Show harper10884's posts

Re: How can you find a brownstone to renovate?

In Response to How can you find a brownstone to renovate?:
    I wanted to know, does anyone have any suggestions on how to search for buildings that may not be in the best shape but would be good for renovation projects?  Specifically brownstones in the downtown Boston area.  Appreciate any advice.
    Posted by michaelnlink

Contact Beth Dickerson at Gibson Sotheby's she's amazing! BethDickerson.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealEstate123. Show RealEstate123's posts

In Response to How can you find a brownstone to renovate?:
    Posted by michaelnlink

It takes patience but there are some beautiful brownstones asking to be rennovated out there!  As with anything, the level of rennovation varies, but if you give it a couple months the perfect brownstone will become available.  Overall advice, find an agent you trust and know will work for you and always keep you in the top of their search list and you will find the brownstone you're looking for.  Let me know if you have any additional questions or if I can help in any way (michelle@pointplusre.com).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hocko. Show hocko's posts

There's a vast housing/brownstone stock sitting just south of the city in Dorcester (if you are comfortable with the level of crime).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyQuinn. Show BobbyQuinn's posts

It really depends on where you want to find a brownstone to renovate.  The more desirable the area; the more competition and thus the more diffacult to find.  If your looking for something in say, the South End, you really need to tie into a local agent that knows the neighborhood.  The investment/rehab agent is very different then your typical condo broker and will have specific info on properties that are coming up.  I can suggest one option right now that may be going to auction shortly (in the next week), its a large building on mass ave, 678. If you want more info let me know. 

Best,

Bobby