"The Sabres hopes sleep with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of Gitche Gumee"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

"The Sabres hopes sleep with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of Gitche Gumee"

That was classic Edwards!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Re: "The Sabres hopes sleep with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of Gitche Gumee"

what a joke he is. It's embarrassing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: "The Sabres hopes sleep with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of Gitche Gumee"

LOL! The guy cracks me up......he's more of a comedian then a play by play announcer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

That was funny? Dumb.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: "The Sabres hopes sleep with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of Gitche Gumee":
    LOL! The guy cracks me up......he's more of a comedian then a play by play announcer.
    Posted by 4everbruins

yeah,sort of like listening to a wrestling announcer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I sort of feel dumber than Edwards. I had to google the whole thing just to figure out what the hell he was talking about.

Instead of saying GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAL -- Did Jenneret come up with FOOOOOOOOOOOOORE -- Break out the clubs Adam and Paul -- take Tyler with you. Jenneret and his buddies Ray and Gare must be crying a river about now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I wish I could hear the post game radio from Buffalo to hear about how they got hosed by the evil Bruins.  Jennerette used to make me laugh - he was the only play by play guy who didn`t need to know the names of the players on the opposing teams.  If the Sabres were on offense, he did play by play.  If the other team had the puck, he did analysis of what the Sabres had been doing right or wrong the last time they had it.  You could go twenty minutes listening to him on the radio and not know who the Sabres were playing.

Any Gordon Lightfoot reference is funny.  It's statutory. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Simpson quote last night that stunned me;
    "And Montador comes on the back of Wideman."

Jack...  ummm...  ummm...  ummm...  what kind of movies have we been watching when we're not watching the Bruins?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater99. Show skater99's posts

I had to live with the Buffalo announcers throughout this series. Harry Neale kept calling Rask Rusk. Rob Ray (who scored about 10 goals in 15 years as a player) was saying the Bruins wouldn't be able to beat Miller because they weren't getting any screens in front of him and trying all those slap passes. Then Krejci got his first of the night on a slap pass about 30 seconds later. I won't even get going on Rick Jeanrette.

Edwards reference is stupid. The Edmund Fitzgerald sunk in Lake Superior. Buffalo is on Lake Erie. Maybe if they beat the Red Wings in the finals it might pass muster with me. I yearn for an NBC or VERSUS game.

"Take that to Mount Olympus" -Jack "What Was That" Edwards during a game this year when Bergeron scored a goal for the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

skater - granted, it was stupid.  But I still say any reference to Gordon Lightfoot is funny.  Great Shore avatar, btw.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good points skater99 and welcome. 
    I love how we get on Jack Edwards back,  leave the guy alone !!! 
    Do some of you ever hear the other teams homer  play by plays ??? Nevermind Jeanrette !
    If any of you can catch the sound of the Avs play by play when Boyle scored in his own net it'll make you wince .  What a joke  !  The guy was screaming , shouting AVS WIN AVS WIN as if they just won the Stanley Cup, World Series and Superbowl that night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Edwards had grown on me and I actually liked the reference (despite Skater's astute point that he had the wrong lake)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I was stuck with the CBC broadcasts for the most part.  They kept saying "Cheera".  Drove me nuts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: "The Sabres hopes sleep with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of Gitche Gumee":
    Good points skater99 and welcome.  I love how we get on Jack Edwards back,  leave the guy alone !!!  Do some of you ever hear the other teams homer  play by plays ??? Nevermind Jeanrette ! If any of you can catch the sound of the Avs play by play when Boyle scored in his own net it'll make you wince .  What a joke  !  The guy was screaming , shouting AVS WIN AVS WIN as if they just won the Stanley Cup, World Series and Superbowl that night.
    Posted by BsLegion

I agree Legion.. I have always found JE very entertaining.. My favourite " The Heart of Lions " is my alltime best.. You need some guys that actually bring a certain entertainment value to a broadcast and not just the simple vanilla type guys who just call the play and are very mundane... That's why I think JE is very similar to one of my alltime favourites Mike Lang of Pittsburgh.. He of the " He beat them like a rented mule" or " scratch my back with a hacksaw Sidney"...Classics.. Also if you ever tune into a Florida home game on radio.. former NHL player turned announcer Randy Mueller uses some far out language in his play calling and its hilarious..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Gitche Gumee is actually Lake Superior, which is not the lake that Buffalo plays near, Lake Erie is, so the reference doesn't even fit, Just another stupid reference by JackASss Edwards, doesn't know his Geography any better than he know hockey. Who ever is in charge please replace this embarrassment to hockey and the Bruins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

I think Edwards is a riot.  I find him highly entertaining.  He needs a tooth whitener though

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

I have to admit secretly waiting for his series clinching speech and he did not disappoint, however it nowhere close to his "rag-tag bunch of farmers" speech from last years series clinching win against MTL on Patriot's day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

Yes, some of Jack's phrases drive me crazy (and you know he spends an hour or so each day coming up with what he is going to say that night), but I find him sort of amusing.  Beats boring announcers anyday.  My favorite was his devilishly evil laugh followed by "cry me a river". 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZTAmpMvCmRo/SXfDoOX-boI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/YaHB0gnkJX4/s400/edwards-bingo.jpg

Jack Edwards Bingo...get used to it...I think more ppl like him than hate him...you hafta admit he keeps it entertaining...he says some pretty dumb stuff sometimes but I think hes pretty dmn good...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Yeah, he's a homer and yeah, he's opinionated to a fault, but he knows hockey, and he knows the players, not just on the Bruins but on all the teams. And stop with the teeth thing.  He's not a pretty boy announcer who goes for the $10K smile.  He's a real person.  I like him.
    Posted by Ergoetal

Bull.  Being "real" is an excuse for being cheap, unprofessional and lazy. Whitening up those awful teeth would never make poor 'ol Jack a Pretty Boy.  No different than wearing a decent jacket and tie.  He's not a real person... he's being paid to show his face on TV!!!   If he wore a NASCAR T Shirt would you think that made him "real" too?

I do have to admit, I'm a Jack hater from way back, but when the Bruins win I've come to enjoy his unabashed homerness.  "snowball 1, Hell zero" was pretty funny.  I liked Miro the Hero, too. Gitche Gumee, not so much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I'll take Edwards over an aging and forgetful Bob Cole (CBC) any day. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I just wish he wouldn't get so excited when the opposition scores.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

He wasn't making reference to the specific lake, he was referencing a famous ship wreck, that is all (much like Buffalo's now famous loss the the B's).  The fact Buffalo is on Lake Ontario, not Superior is irrelevant. Haha.. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I have to admit secretly waiting for his series clinching speech and he did not disappoint, however it nowhere close to his "rag-tag bunch of farmers" speech from last years series clinching win against MTL on Patriot's day.
    Posted by nickvox

Does anyone remember his exact quote as he signed off from the Habs sweep last year? Something like "melt down the ice, park the Zamboni -- last one out --turn out the lights".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

He should have said, "The Sabres are now like the crew of the Edmund Fitzgerald, DEAD!" I know this is classless but I'm not the one who brought up the E.F. in the first place.