* Dion Phaneuf

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

* Dion Phaneuf

havent confirmed this yet but source tells me bruins partting ways with an expiring contract very possibly going to be Ryder along with Johnny Boychuk to calgary for Phaneuf

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

Re: * Dion Phaneuf

same source says Kovalchuk deal will not happen unless Lucic and Kreji are in the package

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Phaneuf's stock has been falling faster than Wideman's.
    Last year's Phaneuf I want, this year's version, forget about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

It would be nice to see Elisha Cuthbert at the games ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Ryder isn't an expiring contract

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from drewdg1212. Show drewdg1212's posts

source?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Flames could get more for Phaneuf than this rumoured trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

i think Boychuk is worth holding onto.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Phanuef is a top rated talent that could net them Kovy.  Why on earth would they want Ryder and Boychuck.  Start with Bergeron and then maybe it will happen.  Someone mentioned he can't skate?  Likely one of the best skaters for d-men in the league.  The fact that he is signed to an extension and is 24 makes him borderlin untouchable.  DP will command a lot for the Flames.  They are in diar need of scoring.  I see them landing a young top 6 fwd and a high pick. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I would hold onto Boychuk and send Wideman, Ryder, Hamill and Wheels for Rene Bourque and Phaneuf

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

this soure is from the hockeybuzz ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyy 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

As long as we're speculating, what would be the salaries involved in a swap involving two slumping defensemen: Chara and Phaneuf?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brinker80. Show brinker80's posts

"I would hold onto Boychuk and send Wideman, Ryder, Hamill and Wheels for Rene Bourque and Phaneuf "

It's going to take a lot more than that to get Phaneuf and Bourque out of Calgary.  Bourque is a young, big, cost-controlled stud and Dion is 24, signed long-term with a sick pedigree.  Hamill's stock is very low, Ryder and Wideman are our overpaid trash.  The only thing that stands out in the proposal is Wheeler.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

brinker,

you are logical...how did you get here?  People seem to think that Calgary and all other teams are dumping grounds for our bad contracts.  Bourque is arguably one of the Flames best fwds who always brings energy.  DP is a puck moving d-man with a crazy side ala scott stevens.  At 24 he is still learning to play the hardest position in hockey.  He is a stud. 

People on here seem to think this is fantasy sports.  Just b/c you give calgary 5 srcub players doesnt mean it is worth one. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

He's useless, don't bother. I saw him grow up as a Red Deer rebel but he has no heart anymore. He just wants the money so he can get in People Magazine with Elisha Cuthbert frolicing in the Maui surf. He is soft. I heard she is trying to get him hired on 24.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

..but wait shuperman, Sturm, Stuart and Primeau are worth Thornton! God I hated OConnell. PC still looks like a Guru compared to that meathead.

I agree with a few of you guys, I'd rather see Boychuck stay, he has been one of the few bright spots this year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Dion Phaneuf could turn out to be a solid d man .I think he could use a change of scenery, but is it worth what Calgary would want in return.O  another note I could't agree more with you MDsizzle on that #rick O'connel he would have completley killed this team, he fired Pat Burns the little weasel didn't like him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Ah, Rene Bourque is 28, most people don't call that young in the NHL, he's also a UFA after this season. I'd love to see him riding Bergeron's wing but i think trading Wheeler and Chara to get Bourque and Phaneuf, is kinda silly.

You're talking a signifigant down grade in size with DF for ZC, a massive loss of discipline while getting a lot of stupid penalties on DF's side, he is a better skater and goal scorer but defensively not so much. On top of that he's a genuine head case, i think Avery is better wrapped.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

MD,

No, and if I could have Joe back it would be done in a heart beat.  You always win a trade when you get the best player.  I still have nightmares about that trade. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7713. Show 7713's posts

All we need is an arogant coke head with no heart. Calgary would take a bag of pucks for him. The fans respect him in Calgary like we respect Wideman. STOP with the Phaneuf rumors already. We need goal scoring!!