2-Game Cooke Suspension didn't Teach him a Lesson & Isn't Enough

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

2-Game Cooke Suspension didn't Teach him a Lesson & Isn't Enough

This hit looks much more deliberate than his previous hit that earned Cooke a 2-day suspension. Here's that hit on Asimov he got suspended for:

http://ballhype.com/video/cooke-rails-anisimov-2-game-suspension-11-28-2009/

Cooke will get his this time around if there is any justice in the league. 2 games was apparently not enough to teach him a lesson because he did almost the EXACT same thing here, but WORSE.

The league needs to take Cooke's precedent and previous suspensions into account. Obviously, he has no regard for other people's safety and shouldn't be playing hockey. If you disagree, watch the video. Then watch the Savvy hit again.

I love hockey violence as much as the next guy, but fighting isn't the problem. Pre-meditated attempted manslaughter is. And yes, you can kill someone with a hit to the head. Or turn him into a vegetable. In the real world, it's criminal. To get off with a fine + a suspension is a joke.

No, hockey isn't ballet, but it isn't ultimate fighting either.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: 2-Game Cooke Suspension didn't Teach him a Lesson & Isn't Enough

He elbowed Savard in the temple when Savard did not have the puck and wasn't looking. If the league doesn't exact justice the Bruins absolutely have to, maybe the fans as well if Cooke is allowed to play on the 18th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Cooke is a repeat offender -- he should have left the ice the same way Savard did. Every Bruin player should be ashamed of themselves. If Cooke was kept off the ice for the remainder of the game -- there were plenty of other players to head hunt. The Penguins and every other team in the league are laughing at this poor excuse of a team. When Savard returns from munchkinland -- he will be as shocked and dissappointed as every Bruin fan at the passive attitude of this sorry group.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Anisimov is a slightly different story as Cooke did get a penalty and he led with the shoulder and not the elbow. Both were intentional though and this guy needs a hefty penalty this time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Seemed to me like his arm had gone up in the preious suspension case, but even if it hadn't, this one's worse and so should the consequences, and I do't say that because Savvy's the best player on this team. A life is a life and a career is a career.

The league should be tougher, even in cases in which the player getting hit isn't of Savvy-caliber.

Incidentally, no penalty was even called. 

I'm way disgusted by the NHL right now. All the dirty hits I've seen so far are resurfacing and leave a bad taste in my mouth, as do all those overly-lenient, insufficient punishments handed out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The only way to cut down on cheap shots like this is to give out suspensions that make players hold themselves accountable.

2-3 games just doesn't cut it.