2009-2010 Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

2009-2010 Bruins

If I were PC, I wouldn't even wait for the playoffs to end to begin negotiating with Kessel and Krecji. Hopefully, they will take a slight hometown discount. Bergeron is signed, but his number is high. I think Axelsson is gone, but that would be a mistake. I'd like to see a complete season of Recci, even at 42, and Bergeron. He played better with Recci on his wing. I think they all could take a lower number to keep the team together. However, I am not sure of their cap number but you know that Fernandez is gone. His contract will be a wash with Thomas' new contract.

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: 2009-2010 Bruins

Retain Yelle-Thornton-Bitz because they are effective fourth line at bargain salaries.  Or, if one goes, bring up Jeremy Reich who would also be under $1 mill salary. 

Sign Krejci.  He's the future.  Kessel may have to go due to cap limits.  Ward and Recci, gone.  It's going to be tight.  Then there's Hunwick, another RFA.  I wouldn't be surprised if Axe retired, or played one more year in Sweden. 

PC has mentioned injuries and surgery soon coming.  I suspect Wideman was playing injured-- certainly off his game in the playoffs. Build the future D around Chara, Stuart, Wideman, and Hunwick.  Montador is error prone.  Ference too often injured.   

Sturm will be back.  Marchant ready to come up from Providence. 

We have some high salaries locked in, some with no-trade clauses.  It will be an interesting financial chess game.  Fluto had a comprehensive analysis in one of his question box articles; would like to see an update.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

We need more speed, bring up young kids from the minors like Z Hammill, and center we drafted who is Joe Thorntons size. I would get rid of player like Yelle (not getting better), Kobesew, Recci (too slow in playoffs). Keep all the young talent. sign Gaborik or Boumeister. and were off to another playoff adventure. I still think the Bruins had the team to win it all. We just got unlucky in game 7. This team only needs a few tweaks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Don't forget MARK STUART!  This guy was the most consistent Bruin from Day 1 until the other night. He NEVER makes mistakes, he hits, he fights and he can make the first pass better than anybody on this team.

Sign him and Lucic to 7 year contracts and I would have season tixs for 7 more years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]We need more speed, bring up young kids from the minors like Z Hammill, and center we drafted who is Joe Thorntons size. I would get rid of player like Yelle (not getting better), Kobesew, Recci (too slow in playoffs). Keep all the young talent. sign Gaborik or Boumeister. and were off to another playoff adventure. I still think the Bruins had the team to win it all. We just got unlucky in game 7. This team only needs a few tweaks.
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

this might be one of the funnier things I've heard today. Thanks for making me laugh for one of the first times since the Bs lost. Your saying we should bring up guys that played college last year?? when experience was clearly a factor thats what we need right? get rid of yell? the guy that had been in 12 game 7s and played great for us all year for the league minimum? Get rid of kobasew, a proven 20 goal scorer who is already signed for cheap and plays with grit? Then we get to the best part of this, this is truly hysterical, when we have NO wiggle room with the cap, none at all, you want us to go out and get a premium RFA, one guy that plays what 35 games a year for 7 million +, and the other, a very good defensemen, but we would have to trade half our team and let kessel and krejci go. That makes sense. What they should do is keep bitz up, resign yelle and keep them with thornton, bring back recchi at the league minimum if he'll do it, trade sturm and ward if they waive the no trade

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]this might be one of the funnier things I've heard today. Thanks for making me laugh for one of the first times since the Bs lost. Your saying we should bring up guys that played college last year?? when experience was clearly a factor thats what we need right? get rid of yell? the guy that had been in 12 game 7s and played great for us all year for the league minimum? Get rid of kobasew, a proven 20 goal scorer who is already signed for cheap and plays with grit? Then we get to the best part of this, this is truly hysterical, when we have NO wiggle room with the cap, none at all, you want us to go out and get a premium RFA, one guy that plays what 35 games a year for 7 million +, and the other, a very good defensemen, but we would have to trade half our team and let kessel and krejci go. That makes sense. What they should do is keep bitz up, resign yelle and keep them with thornton, bring back recchi at the league minimum if he'll do it, trade sturm and ward if they waive the no trade
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I'll stand by my statement. get rid of the old geezers, bring in the fast young college kids. Lucic did just fine when he was 18 in the NHL. The players with little NHL experience, Lucic, Krejci, Kessel seemed to do just fine in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

The 09-10 Bruins will finish 6th in the east and be knocked out in the first round again...

Maybe in another 10 years the Bruins can make it to thier promise land again: The second round.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

You're right - Mark Stuart was solid and delivered some terrific hits.  No question about going out of the way to keep Lucic happy... we need him - he's the heart and soul of the Bs.   Now if we can have Tuuka take Manny's place. And... bring up the the kids??????????????   You want to blow this up and wait until how many years to see how your experiment pans out????  Utterly ridiculous.  Package a savard or Kobasew... make a few tweaks - sure... 

I laughed even harder than dkrejci46!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]You're right - Mark Stuart was solid and delivered some terrific hits.  No question about going out of the way to keep Lucic happy... we need him - he's the heart and soul of the Bs.   Now if we can have Tuuka take Manny's place. And... bring up the the kids??????????????   You want to blow this up and wait until how many years to see how your experiment pans out????  Utterly ridiculous.  Package a savard or Kobasew... make a few tweaks - sure...  I laughed even harder than dkrejci46!!!
    Posted by GABees[/QUOTE]

Getting rid of recci yelle and kobesew is hardly blowing up the team. I don't remember mentioning anybody else.