2010-2011 Final East standing predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: 2010-2011 Final East standing predictions

In a normal world.
    No way Canes finish last.
    No way Bruins do not make the playoffs.

I have issue with every single prediction, but these 2 are the ones that jump out at me most of all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

I think your slightly crazy, and seriously underestimate the bruins, but thats fine. Washington will finish first again, and without a number 1 defenmen, will make an early exit again. I don't see the devils being all that good, 4-6 seed. Pittsburgh should be good, they really did some good things with their blue line. While TBL is improved, they won't be a big threat yet, give them a year or two. Although if they sign Niemi, maybe. Atlanta made some good trades, but I'm not sure I see them making the playoffs. I don't see why Montreal goes from 8 to 1, if anything they got worse in the off season. Why are the Rangers so low? i expect them to push for a playoff spot, but probably finish 9th again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to 2010-2011 Final East standing predictions:
    [QUOTE]So, hockey is about a month away. Time to throw in your thoughts of at least the top 8 in the East. Unfortunately, I believe Atlanta, TB and the TML have made the most improvements since last year. Which is bad, because they are the ones that were left out of the playoffs and the Bruins squeaked into the playoffs. Remember I am only the Messenger! But, the Habs will turn it on earlier this year. 1. Pittsburg (div winner) 2. Washington (div winner) 3. Montreal (div winner) 4. Buffalo 5. Tampa Bay 6. Devils 7. Atlanta 8. Philly 9. Boston 10. Ottawa 11.Toronto 12.NY Rangers 13. NY Islanders 14. Florida 15. Carolina
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

I will go with a reversal on 1 and 2..
    Montreal? Not sure why you have them so high, I don't see much evidence of improvement in the off season, nor buffalo, Altanta has gotten better, but not to a point that they are better then the b's

1. Washington (div winner)
    2. Pittsburg (div winner)
    3. Boston  (toughest division this year, will be a battle, and will have less points then the team in 4th)
    4. Devils
    5. Buffalo
    6. Ottawa
    7.NY Rangers
    8. Philly

9. Montreal
    10. Tampa Bay
    11. Carolina
    12. Atlanta
    13.Toronto
    14. NY Islanders
    15. Florida

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Sure, the Habs will be good this year.Undecided After giving up their top goalie and adding nothing else, they'll win the division against Boston and Buffalo?

I really fail to see how you rank Montreal ahead of the Bs and how you make the comparison that the Bs squeaked into the playoffs without mentioning that the Bs were hurt most of the year and their young players are a year older. 

Philly is 8th under your ranks but they made the cup last year but Atlanta is #7? Burnside just came out with his Atlantic rankings. Philly at #1, Pitt at #2.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1. Washington
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Boston 
    4. Devils
    5. Buffalo
    6. Montreal 
    7.Carolina
    8. Philly

9. Ottawa 
    10. Tampa Bay (Goaltending there on the outside)
    11. NY Rangers (Blundering Glen Sather can't get it done)
    12. Atlanta
    13.Toronto
    14. NY Islanders
    15. Florida

That's right Brian Burke you'll be at the TSN draft desk again this June saying that you still got the better of the Kessel Ooops. Wendel Clark, Doug Gilmour n Darryl Sittler aren't coming through that door Leaf fans. Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

philly could EASILY be 1st in the east, they are good this year, if goaltending doesn't count.

Roler, I think you have the right teams, you might switch montreal and NYR, maybe, and I would move Philly up to 4 and slide everyone else down a notch, but I definitely think you have at least 7 of the playoff teams there, bluefox has 5 or 6

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenken14. Show jenken14's posts

I don't know why people think Atlanta is going to be good look at there top 6 forwards they are all third line players or unproven.I think it is going to be like this.
    1.Washington
    2.Boston
    3.Pittsburgh
    4.Philly
    5.New Jersey
    6.Buffalo
    7.Ottawa
    8.Tampa bay
    9.Montreal
    10.Carolina
    11.Rangers
    12.Islanders
    13.Atlanta
    14.Florida
    15.Toronto

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

In Response to 2010-2011 Final East standing predictions:
    [QUOTE]So, hockey is about a month away. Time to throw in your thoughts of at least the top 8 in the East. Unfortunately, I believe Atlanta, TB and the TML have made the most improvements since last year. Which is bad, because they are the ones that were left out of the playoffs and the Bruins squeaked into the playoffs. Remember I am only the Messenger! But, the Habs will turn it on earlier this year. 1. Pittsburg (div winner) 2. Washington (div winner) 3. Montreal (div winner) 4. Buffalo 5. Tampa Bay 6. Devils 7. Atlanta 8. Philly 9. Boston 10. Ottawa 11.Toronto 12.NY Rangers 13. NY Islanders 14. Florida 15. Carolina

Brian Wilde on CTV sports here in Mtl is calling Mtl 12th spot.....

Here's my list.

Pittsburgh
    Washington
    Philly
    New Jersey
    Boston
    Buffalo
    Tampa Bay
    Ottawa
    Carolina
    Montreal
    Rangers
    Toronto
    Atlanta
    Florida
    Islanders

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

1. Washington
    2. Philadelphia
    3. Boston
    4. Pittsburgh
    5. New Jersey
    6. Ottawa
    7. Montreal
    8. Tampa Bay
    ---------------
    9. Buffalo
    10. NYR
    11. NYI
    12. Carolina
    13. Florida
    14. Atlanta
    15. Toronto

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 Final East standing predictions:
    [QUOTE]philly could EASILY be 1st in the east, they are good this year, if goaltending doesn't count. Roler, I think you have the right teams, you might switch montreal and NYR, maybe, and I would move Philly up to 4 and slide everyone else down a notch, but I definitely think you have at least 7 of the playoff teams there, bluefox has 5 or 6
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

I really struggled past like 5.. i mean the last 4 years what 6-13 have been seperated by an average of 10 points.. Welcome to parity..

Philly? am i missing something, some one else said they could finish first, I don't remember what they have done to improve, or who their draft was.. Work is frying my brain..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

1. Pittsburgh 
    2. Washington
    3. Boston
    4. Buffalo
    5. Philadelphia
    6. Montreal
    7. New Jersey
    8. Ottawa
    --------------
    9. Tampa Bay
    10. Carolina
    11. Rangers
    12. Toronto 
    13. Atlanta
    14. Florida
    15. Islanders

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010-2011 Final East standing predictions : I really struggled past like 5.. i mean the last 4 years what 6-13 have been seperated by an average of 10 points.. Welcome to parity.. Philly? am i missing something, some one else said they could finish first, I don't remember what they have done to improve, or who their draft was.. Work is frying my brain..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Philly improved their defense. They replaced Parent/Krajicek/Bartulis with Meszaros/O'Donnell/Walker. Giroux is emerging as a great young player. If they can stay healthy, I think they could make it back to the cup finals

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I healthy Boston team beats Philly no problem imo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010-2011 Final East standing predictions : Philly improved their defense. They replaced Parent/Krajicek/Bartulis with Meszaros/O'Donnell/Walker. Giroux is emerging as a great young player. If they can stay healthy, I think they could make it back to the cup finals
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Meszaros is the player i was forgetting, the other moves were minimal and even that trade cost them one of thier playoff hero's.  If they make a cup run in the future it'll be similar to this year, tough played/hard nosed hockey.. That is different then what usually translates to regular season success  So I will stand by them being a lower mid tier team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

1) Washington
    2) Pittsburgh
    3) Boston
    4) Philadelphia
    5) New Jersey
    6) Montreal
    7) Tampa Bay
    8) Buffalo
    9) Atlanta
    10) Carolina
    11) Ottawa
    12) NY Islanders
    13) NY Rangers
    14) Toronto
    15) Florida

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Obviously the correct standings, with projected points, will look like this:

** I literally pulled these numbers out of thin air.  I think Buffalo takes the division on the backs of Miller and team speed.  Bruins will be right there. Philly makes a run at the Atlantic, but goaltending holds them back just enough.

1) Washington (120 pts)
    2) Pittsburgh (108)
    3) Buffalo (101)
    4) Philadelphia (102)
    5) Boston (97)
    6) New Jersey (96)
    7) Carolina (91)
    8) Ottawa (90)

-----

9) NYR (89)
    10) NYI (86)
    11) Montreal (83)
    12) Atlanta (83)
    13) Tampa Bay (78)
    14) Toronto (77)
    15) Florida (72)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

My reasoning...see below.

I wish I could put the B's high, but they squeaked into the playoffs and basically got swepted by Philly.  Plus they only added a winger, lost their leading playoff point getter and still have to dump some money from what they are currently sitting on. Possible Ryder, who was good in the playoffs.

Montreal ended the season by beat both the Caps and Pitt. They have fast talent, but they didn't get it going 'til later. Don't get me wrong, I hate the HABS 10x the Yankees.

As for Buffalo being so high, they dominated the East last year. Kinda like the Bruins did two years ago. I just don't see them slipping that much with Ruff as a coach.

Carolina stinks, they have been going downhill for a couple years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I don't like to make predictions for fear of jynxing, but I doubt the B's will miss the playoffs...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I hereby officially end this ridiculous post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

[QUOTE]My reasoning...see below. I wish I could put the B's high, but they squeaked into the playoffs and basically got swepted by Philly.  Plus they only added a winger, lost their leading playoff point getter and still have to dump some money from what they are currently sitting on. Possible Ryder, who was good in the playoffs. Montreal ended the season by beat both the Caps and Pitt. They have fast talent, but they didn't get it going 'til later. Don't get me wrong, I hate the HABS 10x the Yankees. As for Buffalo being so high, they dominated the East last year. Kinda like the Bruins did two years ago. I just don't see them slipping that much with Ruff as a coach. Carolina stinks, they have been going downhill for a couple years.

Wait, hold on a second, did you say Ryder was good in the playoffs? Not sure what you were seeing, but nobody else saw it. The bruins snuck in as the 6 seed, without stuart, seidenberg, and savard. Montreal went on a run in the playoffs basically because of one guy, who is no longer on the team. In case you missed it, they traded Halak for prospects

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The B's almost missed the playoffs last year after almost getting the presidents trophy. 

I just am not sure they have upgraded as much as the hype and ticket price increase suggest.  .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

[QUOTE]Obviously the correct standings, with projected points, will look like this: ** I literally pulled these numbers out of thin air.  I think Buffalo takes the division on the backs of Miller and team speed.  Bruins will be right there. Philly makes a run at the Atlantic, but goaltending holds them back just enough. 1) Washington (120 pts) 2) Pittsburgh (108) 3) Buffalo (101) 4) Philadelphia (102) 5) Boston (97) 6) New Jersey (96) 7) Carolina (91) 8) Ottawa (90) ----- 9) NYR (89) 10) NYI (86) 11) Montreal (83) 12) Atlanta (83) 13) Tampa Bay (78) 14) Toronto (77) 15) Florida (72)
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]

other then mtl not being in and car being in i think you had the best post so far out of anyone

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

[QUOTE]The B's almost missed the playoffs last year after almost getting the presidents trophy.  I just am not sure they have upgraded as much as the hype and ticket price increase suggest.  .

I have no problem with you suggesting that they haven't upgraded. You can not like Horton, or even Seguin, but keep in mind how much they will have upgraded just by staying healthy.

What I do have an issue with is you suggesting that MTL has gotten better, because it looks to me like they've gotten a fair deal worse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

1. Bruins
    2.Washington
    3.Pens
    4.Sens
    5.Devils
    6.Flyers
    7.Tampa
    8.NYR
    9.Sabres
    10.Montreal
    11.NYI
    12.Carolina
    13.Atlanta
    14.Leafs
    15.Panthers

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Habs backed into playoffs on last night of season and dumped their playoff hero? They're on the outside looking in this year.  Atlanta has upgraded a lot, including behind the bench, so I think they replace the Habs. And I wouldn't discount Carolina getting back in.