#22's number

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: #22's number

In Response to Re: #22's number:
    92 - Year Sequin was born!
    Posted by MeanE

Do you do this on purpose, are you mentally retarted, are you 10 years old, or all of the above. It is SeGuin with a "G" not Seguin with a "Q/q"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I do it just to upset u screw! :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

By the way retarded, not retarted! LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Remember #13...Ken the "Rat" Linesman....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As someone said earlier, that's just gueer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Number 6 is jinxed!  Kluzak for one, was't Joe Thornton wearing that number in the beginning as well!  Anyway number 10 is the best..... good company league wise.  Ninety Two would be a nice number as well.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Number 6 is jinxed!  Kluzak for one, was't Joe Thornton wearing that number in the beginning as well!  Anyway number 10 is the best..... good company league wise.  Ninety Two would be a nice number as well.  
    Posted by islamorada

6 was also the awful Sean O'Donnell and useless Glen Featherstone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Seguin wears #9--- not available

I would like him to take # 11 or 19.

How about # 99--- Hope he scores like Wayne.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Would it be possible to use double zero? or like on the Three Stooges 6 7/8 That would be stupid, but freeken funny! :-) How about the draft is one more week...I can't take it any more...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Seguin wears #9--- not available I would like him to take # 11 or 19. How about # 99--- Hope he scores like Wayne.
    Posted by JYaso

99 is retired league wide. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : Are you familiar with the lives of Normand Leveille and Tom McCarthy?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I am know familiar with both. Normand Leveille I already knew about but I have just now looked up Tom McCarthy. Maybe that isn't a good nuber for anyone on the B's.
     For either I would have liked to see 44 but that won't likely happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to #22's number:
    Thought this could use it's own thread. What number would you like to see the #2 pick wear? Here's how I see them 1:  goaltender 2:  retired 3:  retired 4:  retired 5:  retired 6:  Wideman 7:  retired 8:  retired 9:  retired 10:  Good (O'Dwyer, Zhamnov) 11:  Good (Kaspar, Carpenter, Axelsson) 12:  Good (Burridge, Oates) 13:  good (Linseman) 14:  Good (Courtnall, Samsonov, Lazaro) 15:  retired 16:  Sturm 17:  Lucic 18:  defenseman 19:  TAINTED  (Normand Leveille, Tom McCarthy, Joe Thornton) 20:  defenseman 21:  Ference 22:  Thornton 23:  Good (Heinze, Janney) 24:  O'Reilly 25:  Okay (Brickley, Stevens) 26:  Wheeler 27:  Good but a winger number (Murray, Christian) 28:  Recchi 29:  Goon number 30:  Thomas 31:  Goaltender 32:  Sweeney 33:  Chara 34:  Defenseman 35:  Goaltender 36:  Defenseman 37:  Bergeron 38:  barely acceptable (Ruzicka) 39:  barely acceptable (Can't think of any B's, but Doug Weight/Hasek) 40:  Rask To recap, if the player chooses any of these numbers, I'll be happy: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 25, 27 I would be thrilled if he chose 10-12, true center numbers.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

#10 Jean Ratelle. even better

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : TOM McCarthy was a very good offensive center the BRUINS TRADED FOR FROM THE NORTH STARS.  THE NORTH STARS HAD A LOT OF TALENT IN THE 80'S, AND NEVER COULD CLOSE THE DEAL IN THE PLAYOFFS. TOM McCARTHY NEVER LIVED UP TO HIS POTENTIAL ONCE HE CAME TO BOSTON.... 
    Posted by 54BLITZER

Darin Kimble also was a #29 wearing Bruins Goon...he may be another one you were thinking of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Seguin wears #9--- not available I would like him to take # 11 or 19. How about # 99--- Hope he scores like Wayne.
    Posted by JYaso

99 is retired league wide.

I did not know that--- But it is pretty stupid that it is.  If that is the case, they should retire #4 too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

10 drafted in 2010.

or 92 he was born in 92 and his fav # is 9 and he will be picked 2nd.

I hope it is 10.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

10 drafted in 2010. or 92 he was born in 92 and his fav # is 9 and he will be picked 2nd. I hope it is 10.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

ah,another vote for #10 Jean Ratelle

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It seems #11 is reserved for a checking forward, before PJ it was Kaspar.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It seems #11 is reserved for a checking forward, before PJ it was Kaspar.
    Posted by BadHabitude

When Kasper was traded to LA for Carpenter, Carpenter put on the #11.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : When Kasper was traded to LA for Carpenter, Carpenter put on the #11.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

OK, *mostly* for checking forwards.

You have to note also similarity of guys who wear #17 - Lucic and Jonathan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Response to #22's number:
    Thought this could use it's own thread. What number would you like to see the #2 pick wear? Here's how I see them 1:  goaltender 2:  retired 3:  retired 4:  retired 5:  retired 6:  Wideman 7:  retired 8:  retired 9:  retired 10:  Good (O'Dwyer, Zhamnov) 11:  Good (Kaspar, Carpenter, Axelsson) 12:  Good (Burridge, Oates) 13:  good (Linseman) 14:  Good (Courtnall, Samsonov, Lazaro) 15:  retired 16:  Sturm 17:  Lucic 18:  defenseman 19:  TAINTED  (Normand Leveille, Tom McCarthy, Joe Thornton) 20:  defenseman 21:  Ference 22:  Thornton 23:  Good (Heinze, Janney) 24:  O'Reilly 25:  Okay (Brickley, Stevens) 26:  Wheeler 27:  Good but a winger number (Murray, Christian) 28:  Recchi 29:  Goon number 30:  Thomas 31:  Goaltender 32:  Sweeney 33:  Chara 34:  Defenseman 35:  Goaltender 36:  Defenseman 37:  Bergeron 38:  barely acceptable (Ruzicka) 39:  barely acceptable (Can't think of any B's, but Doug Weight/Hasek) 40:  Rask To recap, if the player chooses any of these numbers, I'll be happy: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 25, 27 I would be thrilled if he chose 10-12, true center numbers.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'd like to see him wear No. 10 so he can turn into another Barry Pederson or Jean Ratelle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : OK, *mostly* for checking forwards. You have to note also similarity of guys who wear #17 - Lucic and Jonathan.
    Posted by BadHabitude

don't forget two time Stanley Cup champ Dave Reid

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : OK, *mostly* for checking forwards. You have to note also similarity of guys who wear #17 - Lucic and Jonathan.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I was thrilled when he changed from 62 to 17 for that exact reason.  I don't think it was a co-incidence.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

the difference between gretzky and orr is that gretzky holds the records for most points, goals, and assists in a single season, and holds the record for most goals, assists, and points for a career. Had he never scored a goal, he would still own the most points record
    Posted by pbergeron37

When he retired he held or tied for 61 NHL records.

Two seasons ago, if you strung together his four best seasons only(215, 212, 208, 205), he would have been in the Top 100 for scoring.

There is no point in attempting to compare Orr and Gretzky.  They played different positions in different times.  It's like trying to compare Ted Lindsay and Bard Park, or Pat Lafontaine and Gump Worsley. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : don't forget two time Stanley Cup champ Dave Reid
    Posted by jerrynewyork

I think that player's name was "DAVE REID!!!"  At least, that's how Fred always pronounced it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Savard #91 was drafted 91st,

#2 retired hopefully he takes 10 over 92, 29 or 19

and if it is Hall hopefully it is 44 and he wears the double as well as Bourque did the double 7 of Espo.