A realistic deal with Edmonton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

A realistic deal with Edmonton

Normally, I hate to throw out trade scenarios ... but let's consider that the Oilers need cap space and have a D-man who really wants to get out of there. Perhaps Chiarelli can offer up someone like Wideman, a second rounder, and the number two pick for the first overall and Sheldon Souray.

Edmonton and national hockey media are saying the Oil need to get rid of Souray in a big way. Though taking on his cap hit would be a big price to pay (and to say nothing of having to clear our own cap space to fit him), but Souray would be a nice deal. Also, I just checked gapkeep.com-- Souray's cap hit is just $1.4 million more than Wides' so it's not like Chiarelli would have to totally break the bank to land him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Re: A realistic deal with Edmonton

The Bruins do not need an overpriced aging injury prone troublemaker...ask the oilers or habs their opinion on Souray....a better approach IMO is to put every effort in signing Seidenburg, Boychuck and Stuart .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not a terrible idea...

Souray has already gone to the media and requested a trade...he will not be back in Edmonton...he threw management there under the bus.  That isn't a bad trade idea...but Souray makes Wideman look good in his own end...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Do you think Souray is better than Wideman, and do the Bruins have any cap space themselves to make financially beneficial deals?. Last I saw, they were up against it, and they have a few guys like Siedenburg to sign.
    Souray's desirability has drop dramatically. He can put up the points, but he's not a great Dman, and he does get injuried a lot, so "I'm out".

Plus, Edmonton pretty much has to sign Hall. The fans will all but demand it. Both are great propects, but I can't see them signing anyone but him, after you see what Stamkos has done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Souray has a big shot but terrible in his own end, his price tag is way to high for a guy of his calibre the Bruins would be better off signing Seidenberg.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I agree with Perry ... Us Bruins fans are salivating over Hall coming here, but he makes sense in Edmonton too. I floated the deal with Edmonton not because I think Souray is better than Wideman, but because we need to offer the Oil something for them not to take Hall. Thus, the Bruins accepting Souray's contract and headache and that second rounder ....

Hey, I am an Oakland Raider fan so after this draft I am proof that your favorite sports team will do everything but what us fans expect. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'd much rather the B's go after a Kevin Bieska type than a Souray. Seidenberg fits in nicely as well. Hope the B's re-sign him. And another thing, Wideman has really turned his game around. I'd much rather the B's stick with him then get Souray.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You don't want Souray.  Not only is he aging, injury prone, and a mouth, but the injuries now add up to him being too slow and they've taken the edge off his shot.  He only played half a season, sure, but he had 0 PPG this year.  Zilch.  As much as I like Hall, I don't think Hall and Souray's contract puts the Bruins in a better situation than Seguin and whatever they do with the 2nd rounder + keeping Wideman.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

I agree with saultont, the Bruins should resign Seidenburg, Boychuck and Stuart first of all. If the Bruins want to trade picks with Edmonton and get Hall they should give them another draft pick maybe a second or a third to swap picks the Oilers might go for that they need a lot draft picks and young players to turn things around in Edmonton. But if the Bruins think Sequin is the real deal then just stand pat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Souray?  Souray??  Souray???

Please watch video.
    Pay particular attention to the portion that mentions the Oilers and Souray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHv10bAXWJE&feature=player_embedded

thank you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from janesie22. Show janesie22's posts

Souray is a malcontent...concentrate on getting Hamhuis as a free agent. Hope Chicago wins tonight so his stock doesn't go up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Would rather bring Whitney home instead of Souray if talking a D swap with EDM, though I'm not ready to give up on Wideman.  Ference OTOH.........................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhylM61. Show PhylM61's posts

In Response to Re: A realistic deal with Edmonton:
    You don't want Souray.  Not only is he aging, injury prone, and a mouth, but the injuries now add up to him being too slow and they've taken the edge off his shot.  He only played half a season, sure, but he had 0 PPG this year.  Zilch.  As much as I like Hall, I don't think Hall and Souray's contract puts the Bruins in a better situation than Seguin and whatever they do with the 2nd rounder + keeping Wideman.
    Posted by Bookboy007

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhylM61. Show PhylM61's posts

bookboy007 u know ur stuff i hate the habs i like gudbranson dont know what it would take but would love to see him with the bs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhylM61. Show PhylM61's posts

perrysound get it right parrysound sacred turf eh

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I would be mad if the Bruins gave up ANYTHING for the #1 pick.

All they have to do, is take the guy that Edmonton doesn't take...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Kindda of agree with you Olsonic...Who knows if Seguin is not the real thing...after all he scored more goals vs Hall this season ...even if he has one year less of experience and he is 3 or 4 months younger...I think Seguin will become a superstar in the NHL as well ....Seguin is ranked no.1 ...and Edmonton will most probably pick Seguin over Hall ....

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2010

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

since this post has turned to wideman & the Dmen....chara,wideman,ference signed for next year & hunwick,stuart,boychuk RFA,s....with mcquaid isnt that your 7 D for the 2011 season?  why on earth did they not wait to sign ference & see if they could get seidenberg into the fold? or is boychuk goin to play the punching bag again next year & mcquaid down in the minors again? PC certainly does some strange things or is boychuk just a figment of my "darn! hes good" imagination?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: A realistic deal with Edmonton:
    The Bruins do not need an overpriced aging injury prone troublemaker...ask the oilers or habs their opinion on Souray....a better approach IMO is to put every effort in signing Seidenburg, Boychuck and Stuart .
    Posted by saultont

Rechhi too!!! Also, PC might hold off on Seidenberg if it means saving 3 million or so to ensure the signing-resigning of Chara next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Why would we make any moves to acquire the number one pick.  Who ever edmonton picks we take the other guy....sounds simple enough to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

PC should just throw out something simple to Edmonton.  Offer them a 2nd round pick or somehting to switch places.  If Edmonton were planning on Taking Seguin anyway, they would jump alll over that.  If they don't bite, oh well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Are Bruins fans STILL bashing Wideman? He's been playing MUCH better hockey lately and is still extremly young and an offensive defenseman that we need in our lineup. As for Souray and trading up to #1, forget it. Edmonton won't trade the pick and theres no reason PC should trade to that spot. Seguin is just as good a goal scorer as Hall and has more upside, AND the better two-way player. Hall would be nice, but I fear bruins fans are falling too much in love with Hall. Don't forget Seguin

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Souray's +/- with Edmonton = minus 25. If your thinking -- well thats with a crummy team -- total +/- with Devils/Montreal and Edmonton = minus 52. Also likes to take dimb penalties.

Lots of talk about giving a player to Edmonton to either switch or lay off the guy the Bruins want. Similar sceniaro in 1982 where the B's laid off of Brian Bellows with the 1st pick overall. Boston claimed they wanted Kluzak all along. I believe the price for leaving Bellows for the Stars to pick #2 was Brad Palmer. Killer shot from the point but was basically the Wideman of the 80's -- hit the net about 5% of the time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I just think this talk is crazy.  With a virtual dead heat for the first overall pick, trading up is just plain stupid.