Are the Bruins Going to do anything???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

It seems that all the guys that were on our radar have been signed?? So is PC going to do anything??/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

no r u  surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tank0r. Show tank0r's posts

I'd rather see him do nothing than pay some of the outrageous prices that have thrown around for Hossa.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

haha i shouldnt but i was hoping this year would be different...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Only smart moves are good moves. Doesnt matter how good a player is---if you overpay, Its not a smart move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

There were rumors that Edmonton had offered $9M/yr. for 7 years, I dont know, seems a bit much for one player.  Not discrediting Hossa by any means, but still

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hditch. Show hditch's posts

[Quote]I'd rather see him do nothing than pay some of the outrageous prices that have thrown around for Hossa.[/Quote]

Thats fine and well but they are not just doing nothing they are letting key character players go like Metropolit who costs peanuts and said he wanted to return. Why is anyone surprised? The fans said they would be back and spend this season so the objective is to appear like your trying to get a big money free agent and then do nothing, save the cash, and tread water. Same old song and dance for the B's. Jacobs just refuses to spend the extra dough to push the B's over the hump. 8th seed or bust for Delaware North.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Mhm, it is hard to understand not re-signing Metropolit. I know he was waiting to see if he'd get a 2 year+ offer and Boston among others would only tender one year.

This is especially tough as Glen did a great job stepping up for Boston this past year. The reasoning for this as I can understand is Bostons youth. There are several guys that Boston would rather plug into Metropolits role---Nokelainen and Sobotka for instance..as well they dont know if someone like Soderberg or Wheeler may crack the lineup. Bergeron will be back to fill that role Metro kinda helped in....he doesnt really fit on this team. Id say out of courtesy Chiarelli offered him a one year deal and he just looked to his future and nabbed the two year as it came available.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

[Quote]Thats fine and well but they are not just doing nothing they are letting key character players go like Metropolit who costs peanuts and said he wanted to return. Why is anyone surprised? The fans said they would be back and spend this season so the objective is to appear like your trying to get a big money free agent and then do nothing, save the cash, and tread water. Same old song and dance for the B's. Jacobs just refuses to spend the extra dough to push the B's over the hump. 8th seed or bust for Delaware North.[/Quote]

you know that is such and old argument, and please Metropolit is not the next Crosby, IF you wanna blame them its for getting the right talent not spending money that is such an old argument

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Doitbruins. Show Doitbruins's posts

Fluto's blog showing they're waiting on a conference call because of a free agent deciding.  I wonder if it was Redden, because the prices for Hossa look too high.  And Metro was fun to watch, but as Parcells would say he's a JAG and will easily be replaced with Bergeron back and the corresponding centers moving back down a line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveGir. Show DaveGir's posts

PC can't go after Hossa and a whole bunch of other players as well. It's going to take Hossa being out of the Bruins radar before PC can make plays at other players, hopefully it won't be too late assuming Hossa has now been priced out of range for us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottgj. Show scottgj's posts

Just for s**** and giggles, who do you think PC is waiting for.  My guess is someone like Ladislav Nagy or that calibur of player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveGir. Show DaveGir's posts

[Quote]Fluto's blog showing they're waiting on a conference call because of a free agent deciding.  I wonder if it was Redden, because the prices for Hossa look too high.  And Metro was fun to watch, but as Parcells would say he's a JAG and will easily be replaced with Bergeron back and the corresponding centers moving back down a line.[/Quote]

Redden just signed with the Rangers. 6 years for $39 mil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

Nagy? How about Sean Avery? This guy is what we need. He doesnt cost a ton of cash. He wins. He's determined. He'll go through a wall for his teammates. All character. Some skill.15-18 goals.

I'd LOVE to see him in Price's grill if and when we meet up with the habs again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

Nagy? How about Sean Avery? This guy is what we need. He doesnt cost a ton of cash. He wins. He's determined. He'll go through a wall for his teammates. All character. Some skill.15-18 goals.

I'd LOVE to see him in Price's grill if and when we meet up with the habs again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hditch. Show hditch's posts

[Quote]you know that is such and old argument, and please Metropolit is not the next Crosby, IF you wanna blame them its for getting the right talent not spending money that is such an old argument[/Quote]

It sure is an old argument but it doesnt make it any less true.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Doitbruins. Show Doitbruins's posts

I mentioned Redden because I knew he had signed w/NY and I thought he would be on his call telling the media that as I wrote.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

It looks like another one and done for the Bruins this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from juleinrules-1. Show juleinrules-1's posts

Re: Are the Bruins Going to do anything???

*BANGS HEAD ON DESK*

NO CUP THIS YEAR!

WE MAY NOT EVEN MAKE THE POSTSEASON!!