are you effin serious chiarelli?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

are you effin serious chiarelli?

This team has the most atrocious offense in the league. Our highest goal scorer has 21 goals. Our highest point producer has 49 points. Not much wiggle room to work with in terms of the salary cap.

Important defensive players hitting UFA/RFA this summer such as boychuk, stuart, and siedenberg. This is where you HAVE TO MAGAGE THE SALARY CAP VERY WISELY. and what does he do. His top priority is ference??? he gives ference a raise. I like ference as a person and a player but he is always hurt, and has ZERO offensive skills.

Chia the only thing going for you is the draft and if your at the 2nd pick and you passs up on hall or seguin, Im gonna jump off the tobin bridge.

Oh how could i forget. Chia and juliens entire coaching staff get 3 year extensions starting in 2010-2011-wow what a bright future

oh how could i forget lucic gets a huge raise next year and we have 3 more years of thomas on the bench for 5 million. WHAT A BRIGHT FUTURE

what do you guys think maybe im being too harsh? am i out of line? am I not seeing something in this situation that others see??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Re: are you effin serious chiarelli?

Agreed with everything you said, but think that Lucic signing is OK. He'll rebound next year, if 100%.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Assuming the cap stays around $56 million - last I heard that was the prognostication.  To me then, a well balance team will have $30 million on forwards, $20 million on defense, and $6 million on goalies.
    How are the Bruins for next year?
    Forwards:  6 at $24 million.  Not a good situation there.  Little money for improvement, and some players that are dead weight at the moment.
    Defense: 4 at $15 million.  Two more for $5 million?  That should be doable.
    Goalies:  2 at $6.25, only a little over.
    Other: $0.725 - better than with Murray still on the books, but painful.

If you look at it that way, the money spent on Ference doesn't hurt that much.  I still don't understand the timing though.  I doubt order of signing necessarily indicates order of priority, it has more to do with ease of signing.  I just don't know why even work on this now, he's not a building block player, and I would think evaluating the organization in preparation for the off-season would be more useful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

I'm really glad we signed Ferrence the china doll-- he might play, like, 10 games next year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

totally agree with you guys..stupid manager..ference on i. r. so we call him in and give him a three year deal and a raise..how stupid is that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

This is why JJ is a bad owner. Not because he is cheap but because he does not keep management on it's toes. Chiarelli will continue to blunder and not be held accountable and JJ will not notice unless the STHs start dropping off.

Chiarelli can't judge talent. He can't manage the cap, he can't draft (no, he didn't pick Kessel and Lucic) and he definitely can't trade...and he's going to fix this??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: are you effin serious chiarelli?:
    little bit too harsh, I think some of the dead weight will be cut (ryder and thomas) believe it or not, I'm predicting a bounce back year for Wideman, I feel that he will be called on for fewer minutes and do well (hes been getting better over the lats 15 games) i think wheeler lucic and krejci will show improvement, as will Bergeron, and should the injury bug leave the Bs should be okay. The draft will be critical, as will the infusion of a few young players on entry level deals.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Seems a little too optomistic to me....I think some of those things could happen, but expecting all of them to come true is a pipe dream.

The biggest is the Ryder/Thomas situation. Neither of those guys are producing anywhere close to their contracts, and both of them are at an age where their play is more likely to drop off than improve. How do you propose that the Bruins get out from under those contracts (without coming up with a ludicrous trade scenario  that deals Ryder and Thomas straight up for a young, quality player)?

Some things I agree with. I think Dennis Wideman NEEDS a summer off where he can just go and forget about hockey for a while. More than anything, I think his confidence is shot and he just needs this nightmare season to end. I do expect he'll be better next year, as long as his 2010-2011 season doesn't start poorly. Wheeler, Lucic and Krejci all will likely improve (although I think many B's fans expect too much from Lucic) and all will be quality contributors to various degrees. I doubt we see much more from Bergeron: he's a very good player, but I think he's maxed out as far as what he brings at the NHL level is concerned.

The young players will be critical to the Bruins future. The reality is that Boston really hasn't done well mining guys in their draft: in the last 7-8 years, only Krecji, Bergeron and Lucic are contributing players that the B's selected (the jury is of course still out on players like Marchand, etc, who were drafted in the last couple od seasons). The Bruins will have to reverse that trend, because young, inexpensive players may be the difference between the Bruins being a mid-tier Eastern Conference team (3-10) or a top contender over the next couple of seasons. If they can get some of the young guys to pan out, the team could be very, very good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Ok I know people hate Jacobs and want him gone, but I want to know doesnt he have a say on these contracts? I mean as bad as an owner he has been before the cap era, he has allowed the GM to spend to the max. He isnt a stupid business man and even as an absentee owner when he gets these contracts on his desk he has to know that they arent good value, how does PC sell him on the idea that this is good business? Lets pay a guy who is 35 yrs old 5mil a yr for the next 4 years, who more than likely will spend most of his time in the next 3 yrs doing minimal work? Lets pay a guy who brings no offense on the ice an is injured for more than he plays, how about 3 yrs 2.75 a yr. Oh and we have a young d man who hasnt proven himself and has not played an entire season in the nhl why dont we give him 1.75 a yr. How does he sell these to him??  These are not good business. Oh and btw lets raise season tickets as much as 200% for this product. As much of a fan that I am there isnt any light at the ned of the tunnel here, draft picks or not, PC doesnt know how to manage a budget and get good value for his investments. And because of this the team has no future, everyone shouldnt get excited about the draft because he still needs to sign these guys and if there is no cap room they wont be on the NHL roster so they will play in Providence for 3 yrs and sign someplace else because we wont be able to afford them. If JJ see this as good business then he really should sell the team, because this team will stop being of any profit to him, If he doesnt see this as good business he needs to eat PC's new contract and fire him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Kennedy, nice post and I agree with Wideman, he is just plain unlucky, but you don't go from a 50 pt. Dman to nothing overnight, he's still young for a D and I think that the offseason will help him. Personally, I'm interested in Ryder, as he will be in a contract year and I believe he's scored 30 goals the last two times he was coming into a contract year.. perhaps there is a chance, if he is not the bruins only scorer (who top lines focus on every game) that he breaks out a bit and pots 25-30. I'd rather see the B's move Thomas, maybe get a somewhat talented Fwd, making around 4M and then take the 2 you save and maybe kick in another 1 = 2-3M for a backup veteran goalie to spell Rask.
    Posted by bhsreddevil12

Last time ryder came into a contract year he posted 14 g, 31 points..

Thomas is performing to near the level of his contracts, even with last nights awful game his stats put him 13th in save % and 18 in GAA while thats not incredible he makes an average salary for a starter..  A majority of the players in front of him have been horrible and that is the much bigger problem

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Ryder could be bought out. Because he only has 1 year left his they could buy him out for 2/3 of his 4 mil and spread it over 2 years. that equates to roughly 1.35 mil hit each year which gives you a 2.65 savings next season. Ideally he does what was suggested above and bounce back to a 30 goal season in his contract year. Plan b would be a trade so my idea should be a distant plan c. I hope they use it if they can't find any takers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DetTracks. Show DetTracks's posts

This is why JJ is a bad owner. Not because he is cheap but because he does not keep management on it's toes. Chiarelli will continue to blunder and not be held accountable and JJ will not notice unless the STHs start dropping off. Chiarelli can't judge talent. He can't manage the cap, he can't draft (no, he didn't pick Kessel and Lucic) and he definitely can't trade...and he's going to fix this??
    Posted by niftybear

Thank you, finally someone with a brain! JJ is an absentee landlord, if his building is being sold out then he is perfectly happy win or lose

The cheap thing does come into play however because he hired his third choice and cheapest choice in Peter Chiarelli to rebuild his franchise yet again. Despite that one good regular season which now seems to be an abberation and a few good moves (Rask) Chiarelli is turning into a train wreck as GM