Bergeron our future captain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Bergeron our future captain

This kid is really showing some great signs this year, 2 game winning goals in the last two games, keeping us right in the thick of things in the east. I remember his first year in boston. I hope Bergeron is a career Bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bergeron our future captain

In the preseason he was incredible, there were times when I thought there were 2 Bergerons out there.  He was everywhere.  Hopefully he goes back to that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Bergeron our future captain:
    [QUOTE]This kid is really showing some great signs this year, 2 game winning goals in the last two games, keeping us right in the thick of things in the east. I remember his first year in boston. I hope Bergeron is a career Bruin.
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more and consider the two stiff he has as linemates, he should be given serious consideration for the Canadian Olympic Team.

After such a devistating injury - this guy is the real thing and real captain of this team. Strip Big Lurch of the "C" and put it on the guy who really deserves it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't need to see a "C" on a players jersey to be made to think who the leader is. Julien may think Chara is the leader of this team but he is not Bergeron is easily leading the Bruins this year.

Comical when I read posters saying "the Bruins should dump Bergeron's salary."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I also can visualize Lucic as a captain.

Either or , doesn't matter to me. I always thought the "c" was over-rated anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Lucic will be captain some day. Bergeron a career "A" guy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I could see him being the C down the road also. Looking forward to Savvy getting back and the possibility of seeing Bergy playing with a Savy and Looch. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Now that's an interesting decision for a coach - is the cool, slick, tough Bergeron your captain or do you go with the man-monster?  You watch Lucic and, on those good days a la "The Shift", he's that guy who makes you want to go to war just because you can't see how you'd ever lose with him on your side.  Bergeron, on the other hand, sets a standard for consistency and intelligence - and just so no one thinks that means "soft", he'll drop guys in the open ice.  Both guys have a sense of 'the moment' too.  Not an easy call.

In the end, the big difference would be that no one would be able to emulate Lucic, but he'd be the kind of leader who frees everyone else to do what they do best.  The whole point of Captain Bergeron would be that everyone can emulate the way the guy approaches the game.  I guess I'd go with bluefox: As the team gets younger, yeah, I think it's Lucic with Bergeron that cool right hand.  Though since I like "Cool Hand Looch" better than most of the other nicknames - one right, and guys are on ice - maybe I need another way to distinguish the C and A roles here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Bergeron is playing well no doubt, but

Bergeron has one more year left on his huge contract, can't see him being a Bruin past 2010-2011 season, unless he accepts a team friendly deal.  Then you can make the argument for him being the next captain.

Count me in for Lucic as next captain.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No offense, but that's as obvious as the nose on Lucic's face.

I was kinda surprised he wasn't named captain before the end of the season when Thornton was traded. 

In Response to Bergeron our future captain:
    [QUOTE]This kid is really showing some great signs this year, 2 game winning goals in the last two games, keeping us right in the thick of things in the east. I remember his first year in boston. I hope Bergeron is a career Bruin.
    Posted by crono420[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

4 assists tonight, Bruins are looking great

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

As much as I love Lucic as a player, there is no question that Bergeron was born to wear that "C".  He is the epitome of consistency on a team that up until now, has lacked consistency.  He does everything: forechecks well, good on the powerplay, good penalty killer, great work ethic, sticks up for teammates, etc.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

It might be interesting to have Bergeron and Lucic as Co-Captains...

In Response to Re: Bergeron our future captain:
    [QUOTE]As much as I love Lucic as a player, there is no question that Bergeron was born to wear that "C".  He is the epitome of consistency on a team that up until now, has lacked consistency.  He does everything: forechecks well, good on the powerplay, good penalty killer, great work ethic, sticks up for teammates, etc.  
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Anybody right now would be more deserving of the "C" than Chara.  Bergy would be my top pick this season with Looch a close second.  They do things on the ice that motivate the rest of the team, thats what a captain is supposed to do!!  I haven't seen Chara do anything close to that this year!!  I also agree that the "C" is overated and that leaders will lead no matter what letter is on the jersey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

How about the old bourque and middleton set-up. one cap at home the other on the road.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

Bergy has captain written all over him. Something about him just has captain written about him. Like the play against montreal last year in OT where he checked the defender at the blue line, takes the puck on 2 on 1 and feeds it to recchi to win....Captain move.