BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?

Bergeron: He is thought to be the heart and soul of the Bruins. After being a long time Bergy fan I’m not seeing him wearing the “C”. He may be their best all around player but it looks to me that Krejci has closed that gap. If Julien free’s Bergeron up a little from his defensive duties he may get his offensive touch back. Would be nice to see him with 25 goals and 45 – 50 assists. I’m afraid he has cast himself into the defensive forward role. He won’t get the Bruins top wingers to play with who ever they turn out to be.

Savard: I’m always back and forth with Savard . He actually irritates the crap out of me at times. When he want’s to play his best hockey he is a top 10 center in the NHL. I got tired of seeing him take stupid penalties long before this season. Not sure if he would be a fit with Hall if the Bruins wind up with him. IMHO he would be the one available for trade.

Krejci: We all saw what took place when he went down against the Flyers. He had the Flyers D-men backing up constantly and it made his wingers available. His play early this season had to be due to the fact he came back from hip surgery far too early. Last year he was the reason Wheeler and Ryder had great years. Krejci is very good on the PK as well. I’m sure Bergeron can’t provide the same type of offense that Krejci can. Krejci healthy is the Bruins best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

I think you must give Seguin his position.CENTER.If you dont want this,or the Bs dont have the patience to bring him along a his position,let him play center in Providence.We are getting this guy for OFFENCE lets be clear right?Do we want another Bergy,Krejci,?I hope not. I hope the Bs and the fans give this kid some slack to grow.Clear the path for him,someday he will make us proud.I hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?:
    Bergeron: He is thought to be the heart and soul of the Bruins. After being a long time Bergy fan I’m not seeing him wearing the “C”. He may be their best all around player but it looks to me that Krejci has closed that gap. If Julien free’s Bergeron up a little from his defensive duties he may get his offensive touch back. Would be nice to see him with 25 goals and 45 – 50 assists. I’m afraid he has cast himself into the defensive forward role. He won’t get the Bruins top wingers to play with who ever they turn out to be.   Savard: I’m always back and forth with Savard . He actually irritates the crap out of me at times. When he want’s to play his best hockey he is a top 10 center in the NHL. I got tired of seeing him take stupid penalties long before this season. Not sure if he would be a fit with Hall if the Bruins wind up with him. IMHO he would be the one available for trade.   Krejci: We all saw what took place when he went down against the Flyers. He had the Flyers D-men backing up constantly and it made his wingers available. His play early this season had to be due to the fact he came back from hip surgery far too early. Last year he was the reason Wheeler and Ryder had great years. Krejci is very good on the PK as well. I’m sure Bergeron can’t provide the same type of offense that Krejci can. Krejci healthy is the Bruins best.
    Posted by jwb413

If we move one, then I hope this is what Chiarelli considers in his decision-making.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: BERGY,SAVARD,OR KREJCI?:
    You do not draft a potential franchise player and play him out of position.  Seguin is a Center and should be a Center when he suits up for the B's.  No other franchise in the NHL would move this kid to wing and disrupt his development.  Outside of Kessel, name another franchise-level winger that was a center in college/junior?  Even for Kessel, I am not sure that he was a center anywhere other than U of Minnesota, as I remember him playing wing in the World Junior Tournament.  I think the odd-man out is Bergy.  He is at $5M next year and a UFA after the season.  I think Bergy has been a great Bruin, but with this team's depth at Center, unfortunately he needs to go.  Savvy is an option as well, except that his contract is Cap-friendly and he has a NTC.  I have to think that Bergy would be coveted by a number of teams, so he is a chip that bring some scoring to the wing.
    Posted by Crowls2424

OK, yes Seguin can play wing.  Yes he will need time to mature.  The question is whether or not the Bruins have too many centers.  Yup!  Crowls2424 cannot agree anymore.  Hall is a winger.  Seguin is a winger by attrition.  Not a good scenario in the long run.  Center is a position of strength and other teams need a center.  No genius work to understand the Bs will entertain trade possibilities for a center.  Nice to be loyal to the Bs players but facts are facts!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I agree that Krecji is our top centre currently. You can put him with anyone beside him and he can help them score. That can't be said about Savard nor Bergeron who has to be placed with certain type of wingers to be effective as point producers.

Seguin i have a feeling will be similiar to Krecji and make anyone who plays beside him better.

Either Savard or Bergeron should be traded with Bergeron being alot more tradeable right now due to his age.

We also have Jordan Caron who is like Bergeron being a defensive minded centre though being not as good as skater.

Easiest to do for PC = Trade Bergeron for a top ten draft pick or prospects. Would need to offer him a 5 year 20 million dollar at min for him and his camp to stay in Boston.

A bit Challenging to do = Trade Savard who is fresh off a concussion. Maybe whoever signs Kovalchuk will trade for Savard and give themselves a deadly 1-2 punch since both players have great chemistry playing together.

In the end i agree that Seguin should play centre, alongside Krecji with Savard or Bergeron staying as the third centre

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

The issue of trading one of the current centres is probably a moot point for next season as most of what I have read indicates that Seguin is likely a year away from the NHL. So lets just see if he actually makes the team next year. Oh yeah, one other minor point, lets wait to see if the Bruins actually end up with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Krejci is untouchable in my opinion.