Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick?

According to www.mynhltraderumors.com, Columbus is under heavy pressure to make the playoffs next year and might be willing to deal the 4th pick.

What do you think about this deal? Do you think Columbus would laugh at this? Do you think its a good deal to land us Cam Fowler (thats who I want), or do you believe that Burke will get the pick first?

COMMENT!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick?

If I'm Columbus I don't see Wheeler strengthening the team more than Fowler/Gubradson would, and would expect the 15 & 32 pick to likely need a year in the AHL.

I'd expect that an offer with 2 roster players would stand a better chance... i.e. Wheeler/Hunwick & pick for example.... but I still think it would take more than that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seems unlikely that Wheeler and picks is enough for Columbus to bite.  Is Columbus that much better with Wheeler as compared to Fowler?

What about trading Bergeron to Columbus in a deal for the #4 overall?  I have to think that Bergeron centering Nash would be attractive to them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick?:
    According to www.mynhltraderumors.com , Columbus is under heavy pressure to make the playoffs next year and might be willing to deal the 4th pick. What do you think about this deal? Do you think Columbus would laugh at this? Do you think its a good deal to land us Cam Fowler (thats who I want), or do you believe that Burke will get the pick first? COMMENT!!!!
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

To be more exact, it says they MAY be under pressure to make the playoffs.  Further, it's posted on that site, but is actually a link to a story from the Toronto Sun, which claims Burke may offer Kaberle to them for the pick.

The story is created out of thin air.  Here is the breakdown:

Columbus might want to make the playoffs.

Toronto might want to trade Kaberle.

Toronto might want to trade Kaberle to Columbus who might want to make the deal because they might want to make the playoffs next season.

Non-story.

To your question, however, I ask this:  If Columbus really needs to make the playoffs next season, why would they trade for Blake Wheeler?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick?:
    What about trading Bergeron to Columbus in a deal for the #4 overall?  I have to think that Bergeron centering Nash would be attractive to them.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I'm sure Columbus would like this deal.  Can you think of any reason the Bruins would?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nashoba33. Show Nashoba33's posts

I think the 15 and 32 pick is good but columbus is not going to take a player like wheeler. A realistic trade would be krejci, 15th, 32nd think about it. If you had the 4th pick would you want a player like wheeler?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? : I'm sure Columbus would like this deal.  Can you think of any reason the Bruins would?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

1) The Bruins have organizational depth at Center:
    - Savard
    - Krejci
    - Seguin (soon)
    - Sobotka
    - Colborne
    - Hamill
    - Sauve

2) The Bruins have little to no organizational depth at W/D

3) Bergeron is a UFA after the season, currently making over $5M. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Why the hell would the Bruins trade Bergeron for a single pick? Much less add any other picks? Go look at some of the silly trades that were made last year at the dead line for guys as good as Ryder occasionally is, use those as a base to build a trade and tell me what's moving for Bergeron. 

Seems unlikely that Wheeler and picks is enough for Columbus to bite.  Is Columbus that much better with Wheeler as compared to Fowler? What about trading Bergeron to Columbus in a deal for the #4 overall?  I have to think that Bergeron centering Nash would be attractive to them.
    Posted by Crowls2424

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Trading Wheeler would be the biggest mistake in the BRUINS history ....this kid will be a mega Star in the NHL for the next 10 years ...in the next 10 years he will score a minimum of 300 goals ...with peak as hight as 45 goals ...a big physical power forward that all NHL general managers would love to have on their roster ....will you please stop suggesting that the BRUINS would even think of trading Blake Wheeler .....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Wheeler is not for trade ....not even one on one against Crosby .....the only 2 players I would accept in return Wheeler are Ovi or Getzlaf .....thats it thats all STOP IT PLEASE 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? : 1) The Bruins have organizational depth at Center: - Savard - Krejci - Seguin (soon) - Sobotka - Colborne - Hamill - Sauve 2) The Bruins have little to no organizational depth at W/D 3) Bergeron is a UFA after the season, currently making over $5M. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

1.  Savard and Krejci are the only two good centers on your list.

For all other points you might try to make to justify this:

No member of Team Canada's gold medal winning team is being traded for a draft pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seguin is not a good center? 

How many good centers do you need?  We have no finishers. Our best finishers are Sturm (potentially out-for-the-season) and Ryder (awful).  

Make the case that we should move Bergy to Wing, but please don't tell me that we cannot trade Bergy for a pick because he won a gold medal with Team Canada.  I know this upsets people but Bergy had 52 points last year and is not worth $5M.  I would be fine moving him in a deal that lands the #4 pick to select either Fowler or Gudbranson.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

How about this:

A 3-Way deal:

To Columbus:

Vincent Lecavalier

To Boston:

4th Overall Pick

To Tampa Bay:

15th pick

32nd pick

Brad Marchand

Tim Thomas

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seguin is not a good center?  How many good centers do you need?  We have no finishers. Our best finishers are Sturm (potentially out-for-the-season) and Ryder (awful).   Make the case that we should move Bergy to Wing, but please don't tell me that we cannot trade Bergy for a pick because he won a gold medal with Team Canada.  I know this upsets people but Bergy had 52 points last year and is not worth $5M.  I would be fine moving him in a deal that lands the #4 pick to select either Fowler or Gudbranson.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I'm not saying that he can't be traded for a pick because he won a gold medal.  I'm saying that if you're good enough to make Team Canada for the Olympics, you are worth a heck of a lot more than a #4 draft pick.

You don't trade a world class player (talk about his point production all you want, Team Canada players are world class) for the #4 pick in any draft.

Maybe, in a hype year like this, you trade someone like him for the #1 or #2, but that's an isolated example.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Would you trade Mike Richards for the #4 pick?

Seguin is not a good center?  How many good centers do you need?  We have no finishers. Our best finishers are Sturm (potentially out-for-the-season) and Ryder (awful).   Make the case that we should move Bergy to Wing, but please don't tell me that we cannot trade Bergy for a pick because he won a gold medal with Team Canada.  I know this upsets people but Bergy had 52 points last year and is not worth $5M.  I would be fine moving him in a deal that lands the #4 pick to select either Fowler or Gudbranson.
    Posted by Crowls2424

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

True, if the Toronto Sun is involved, it's pure bs.  Maybe Wideman and #15 for #4 would do it if they think Kaberle would do it.  Maybe three public appearances by Bobby Orr and a Derek Sanderson signed jock?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Trading Wheeler would be the biggest mistake in the BRUINS history ....this kid will be a mega Star in the NHL for the next 10 years ...in the next 10 years he will score a minimum of 300 goals ...with peak as hight as 45 goals ...a big physical power forward that all NHL general managers would love to have on their roster ....will you please stop suggesting that the BRUINS would even think of trading Blake Wheeler .....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Wheeler is not for trade ....not even one on one against Crosby .....the only 2 players I would accept in return Wheeler are Ovi or Getzlaf .....thats it thats all STOP IT PLEASE 
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

so you wouldn't trade wheeler for crosby?  ok buddy......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How about this: A 3-Way deal: To Columbus: Vincent Lecavalier To Boston: 4th Overall Pick To Tampa Bay: 15th pick 32nd pick Brad Marchand Tim Thomas
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

Why would Tampa trade one of the best players in the league for that slop?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? : Why would Tampa trade one of the best players in the league for that slop?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Wait a second...Tampa Bay would be acquiring Tim Thomas, a member of the silver-medal winning USA Olympic Team.  This means he is a world-class player, and players like that are not slop, right? 

Using your logic, and since LeCavalier did not make Team Canada and TT won a silver medal, then Vinny is the slop, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Would you trade Mike Richards for the #4 pick? In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

If I were Philly, I would not trade Mike Richards for the #4 pick for a couple of reasons.

1) Richards is Philly's best player
    2) Richards is a better player than Bergeron
    2) Richards is under contract through 2020

I am not trying to dump on Bergy, I love the guy, but he is our 3rd-line center.  He is a UFA after next year, and currently makes over $5M.  He also has a history of concussions, which makes a switch to wing a little tenuous.  If we can use him as a chip to improve the team in other areas, then PC should do it.  I think Bergy for the #4 makes sense for both teams. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lecavalier hasn't played like one of the best players in the league for at least two years.  He's Tampa's 3rd best forward.  His cap hit is $7.7M but his salary is $10M for several years.  Given that Tampa Bay is building around Stamkos and Hedman now, and whoever they get this year, they might move Vinny to clear space.  And if this was the best deal....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? : Why would Tampa trade one of the best players in the league for that slop?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You just keep contradicting yourself all over these boards. Very good hockey knowledge but with little common sense at times . Too bad because I thought you would be a good read now you are just saying things to stir the pot with everyone you can . I disagree totally with your post from a day or so ago stating you think things through when you post . It's just the opposite at times. I know you don't care but this reader is disappointed. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? : Wait a second...Tampa Bay would be acquiring Tim Thomas, a member of the silver-medal winning USA Olympic Team.  This means he is a world-class player, and players like that are not slop, right?  Using your logic, and since LeCavalier did not make Team Canada and TT won a silver medal, then Vinny is the slop, right?
    Posted by Crowls2424

Team USA and Team Canada are two entirely different clubs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Blake Wheeler, 15 and 32 for the 4th overall pick? : You just keep contradicting yourself all over these boards. Very good hockey knowledge but with little common sense at times . Too bad because I thought you would be a good read now you are just saying things to stir the pot with everyone you can . I disagree totally with your post from a day or so ago stating you think things through when you post . It's just the opposite at times. I know you don't care but this reader is disappointed.   
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Please point to my contradiction.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lecavalier hasn't played like one of the best players in the league for at least two years.  He's Tampa's 3rd best forward.  His cap hit is $7.7M but his salary is $10M for several years.  Given that Tampa Bay is building around Stamkos and Hedman now, and whoever they get this year, they might move Vinny to clear space.  And if this was the best deal....
    Posted by Bookboy007

Stamkos is obviously a rockstar.  Hedman didn't embarrass himself as a rookie.  I wouldn't go so far as to say they're building around those two, however. 

There is no way, if there was a legit push to move Lecavalier, that this would be their best offer. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Posted by Bookboy007

aaaaand, Steve Yzerman is their new GM, and he didn't include Vinnie on the Olympic roster.  Nor did he include Stamkos or St. Louis, but you're completely correct in saying Vinnie is their 3rd best forward. If he played with the same passion and effort he did in their cup-winning season, he could be back in the top 5 in the league, but something is not right with this kid. He went toe-to-toe with Iginla during the final, now he's afraid to bump into anyone. I think his shoulder is more messed up than anyone is letting on. I agree they'll be building around Stamkos and Hedman, along with St. Louis. Marty has been a great mentor for Stamkos, and he plays balls out every shift. Just the type of player Yzerman will want to keep on, even though he's aging. He hasn't really slowed down much.