Bobby Freak In Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Bobby Freak In Ryan

Why has this kid not been tendered an offer?  Why are the Bruins not first in line? PC should be on the horn with Anaheim offering up Wheeler, a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for this stud.  Imagine this Bruins team with Lucic and Ryan on the Left side, Horton and Caron on the Right side, Bergeron, Krejci, and Seguin down the middle.  All 25 years of age or younger.  I like the odds of a cup for many years to come.  If Kessel got 2 firsts and 2 seconds, why isn't anyone knocking on the Ducks door?  I don't want to hear anything about the cap either.  We all know that there are things that the Bruins can do to make it work.  Picking up Bobby Ryan would be similar to the Yankees picking up Texeira, put them over the top and make the B's the favorite to win it all!

Ryan - Savard - Horton
    Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
    Colborne or other youngster - Bergeron - Recchi
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
    Seidenberg - Ference
    Stuart - Hunwick

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

Re: Bobby Freak In Ryan

I'd be on board with that.  Something like Wheeler, Bos 1st Rd 2011, Bos 1st Rd 2012.  That's essentially 3 1st Rd picks since Wheeler was 5th overall in 2004. Anaheim should realize that Ryan doesn't want to be there as he only wants a 3 year deal so he can be a UFA ASAP and bolt out of there.  Trade Ryder for a 4th/5th Rd pick to one of the bottom feeders needing to take on salary to meet cap floor and dump Sturm in Providence when he returns as he only has a NTC not a NMC. Sign Ryan to a 5 yr/25 M deal and go from there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Ryan rejected a 5 year/ $25 million deal from the Ducks. That won't be enough. To sign Ryan, the Bruins will need to get rid of a couple of players to fit under the cap. Nobody is trading for Ryder. To sign Ryan and fit under the cap, the team may have to get rid of Wheeler, Ryder and Savard. I'd love to have Ryan but it doesn't work money-wise

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

LOVE IT.  Unfortunately i think PC has gone on vacation for the summer, or he is just content with his team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Freak In Ryan:
    I'd be on board with that.  Something like Wheeler, Bos 1st Rd 2011, Bos 1st Rd 2012.  That's essentially 3 1st Rd picks since Wheeler was 5th overall in 2004. Anaheim should realize that Ryan doesn't want to be there as he only wants a 3 year deal so he can be a UFA ASAP and bolt out of there.  Trade Ryder for a 4th/5th Rd pick to one of the bottom feeders needing to take on salary to meet cap floor and dump Sturm in Providence when he returns as he only has a NTC not a NMC. Sign Ryan to a 5 yr/25 M deal and go from there.
    Posted by stunner416

By 1st Round in 2011 I hope to god you don't mean our likely top 5 pick that Toronto will net us? If it's our regular pick, I have no problem with it. It'll likely be a #20-#25 or so pick, and this draft is not even close to as deep as last years.

I'd def be on board for this. Also, how about James Neal in Dallas and Chris Stewart in Colorado? They haven't been signed as RFA's yet by their respective clubs. Those are 2 young 30+ Goal scorers as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

lordy4 - Ryan will take 3 years $15 million, he doesn't want a 5 year term.  Wheeler is going to receive somewhere between $2 - $3 Million in arbitration, unless a miracle happens.  The couple of players are Sturm (LTIR), Ryder to Providence, and Wheeler to Anaheim in the trade.  Ryan at $5 would be $1 million more then Ryder, but Colborne/Etc... would be $1 Million less then Wheeler.  Problem arises when Sturm is medically cleared, until then it is possible.  Deal with that problem when the time comes.

Chara $7,500,000
    Thomas $5,000,000
    Ryan $5,000,000
    Bergeron $4,750,000
    Lucic $4,083,333
    Savard $4,007,143
    Horton  $4,000,000
    Krejci $3,750,000
    Seidenberg $3,250,000
    Ference $2,250,000
    Recchi $1,950,000
    Boychuk $1,875,000
    Stuart  $1,675,000
    Hunwick $1,450,000
    Rask $1,250,000
    Campbell $1,100,000
    Paille $1,075,000
    Seguin $900,000
    Colborne $875,000
    Thornton $812,500
    Total = $56,552,976 ($2,847,024 under cap)  Sturm $3,500,000 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

lordy4 - Ryan will take 3 years $15 million, he doesn't want a 5 year term.  Wheeler is going to receive somewhere between $2 - $3 Million in arbitration, unless a miracle happens.  The couple of players are Sturm (LTIR), Ryder to Providence, and Wheeler to Anaheim in the trade.  Ryan at $5 would be $1 million more then Ryder, but Colborne/Etc... would be $1 Million less then Wheeler.  Problem arises when Sturm is medically cleared, until then it is possible.  Deal with that problem when the time comes. Chara $7,500,000 Thomas $5,000,000 Ryan $5,000,000 Bergeron $4,750,000 Lucic $4,083,333 Savard $4,007,143 Horton  $4,000,000 Krejci $3,750,000 Seidenberg $3,250,000 Ference $2,250,000 Recchi $1,950,000 Boychuk $1,875,000 Stuart  $1,675,000 Hunwick $1,450,000 Rask $1,250,000 Campbell $1,100,000 Paille $1,075,000 Seguin $900,000 Colborne $875,000 Thornton $812,500 Total = $56,552,976 ($2,847,024 under cap)  Sturm $3,500,000 
    Posted by MeanE

What MeaneE said

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wheeler and some picks.  Yeah, right. 

If the B's are going to trade for Ryan, they're going to have to send Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic or Seguin and some picks.

If they try to go the offer sheet route, Anaheim will simply match the deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What makes Ryan such an all out superstar?? Did he help them win anything?? He is one pair of legs and hands. Did he win the scoring title?? was he the MVP. You guys are usually more astute. I'll check back when reality speaks up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

In Response to Bobby Freak In Ryan:
    Why has this kid not been tendered an offer?  Why are the Bruins not first in line? PC should be on the horn with Anaheim offering up Wheeler, a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for this stud.  Imagine this Bruins team with Lucic and Ryan on the Left side, Horton and Caron on the Right side, Bergeron, Krejci, and Seguin down the middle.  All 25 years of age or younger.  I like the odds of a cup for many years to come.  If Kessel got 2 firsts and 2 seconds, why isn't anyone knocking on the Ducks door?  I don't want to hear anything about the cap either.  We all know that there are things that the Bruins can do to make it work.  Picking up Bobby Ryan would be similar to the Yankees picking up Texeira, put them over the top and make the B's the favorite to win it all! Ryan - Savard - Horton Lucic - Krejci - Seguin Colborne or other youngster - Bergeron - Recchi Paille - Campbell - Thornton Chara - Boychuk Seidenberg - Ference Stuart - Hunwick
    Posted by MeanE

You are forgetting that we are up tight against the cap and will be hsrd pressed to sign a stickboy at this time.  Maybe if the ducks take ryder wheeler, sturm.
    with some picks It could happen.   Until then forget about it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I'm all for Ryan but like NAS said, Wheeler is about as attractive as Ernest Borgnine in a nightgown, and draft picks are throws of the dice...especially when you can't be assured that the Leafs will finish at the bottom of the pile next year...while Ryan is an already-sought-after commodity.

Why in the world would the Ducks bite on any such deal that begins "we'll give you Wheeler and/or Ryder..."???

face it: those guys both had horrible years last year and PC has no leverage when it comes to trading right now, unless the name Savard is included, and if he does that, he's just an idiot.  Which means it'll probably happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryan wants a 3 year contract which the Ducks don't want to do so he can get that huge one at the end of the 3 year contract. From what I've read and heard around Orange County Ryan likes it there.

Bob Murray said he will match any offer so that is why teams haven't offered a contract. It is confusing to Duck fans that Murray hasn't offered a big contract with Giguere off the books. Murray needs to pay this but one thing to think about is the owner Michael Shulman is in a little hot water with the SEC so Murray might have had his budget lowered who knows.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Ryan wants a 3 year contract which the Ducks don't want to do so he can get that huge one at the end of the 3 year contract. From what I've read and heard around Orange County Ryan likes it there. Bob Murray said he will match any offer so that is why teams haven't offered a contract. It is confusing to Duck fans that Murray hasn't offered a big contract with Giguere off the books. Murray needs to pay this but one thing to think about is the owner Michael Shulman is in a little hot water with the SEC so Murray might have had his budget lowered who knows.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

RFA offer sheets are very rare. I was shocked when San Jose made an offer on Hjalmarsson, and that was only done because the Hawks are over a barrel. The only way the Bruins, or any other team, would get Ryan on an offer sheet is to give him an absolutely ridiculous contract. The Bruins aren't in the financial position to do so.

Some of these propiosals remind me of kids window shopping at Christmas: "Want THAT! Want THAT! Want THAT!" Sorry, but it ain't happening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

If there is a will there is a way.. I have been on this guys bandwagon for sometime and trumpeted that the Bruins could and should make a deal for him..Provides more offense that is badly needed here in Boston .. I would have no problem starting a deal with David Krejci, Blake Wheeler and Toronto's pick next year in the draft that we own, or add other valueable components and I dont mean Ryder.. You have to give up something to get something.... I am not as enamoured with Krejci as some are.. I know he is a great talent, but has proven to be injury prone the last couple of years and is certainly not untouchable..You have Tyler Seguin and in a couple of years would easily replace Krejci's value to the Bruins...

This would be an out and out trade so no worry about sign sheets etc.. Deal would work out very well for both sides...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I also believe you can't make an offer sheet if it would put you over the cap. But that may not be true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Freak In Ryan : hes not pulling his groin, hes not getting concussions, he has no knee issues, how is he injury prone? he played through a fluke injury for a full season and then caught a suicide pass and took a high hit, quite a few players to trade before krejci
    Posted by pbergeron37

My buddy Pbergeron!  ...Oops I forgot , in your other life you were known as DKrejci46 .. Figures!! As I said you have to give up something to get something and I would take B Ryan over DKrejci any day of the week.. Don't worry it won't happen but it is certainly worth thinking about..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He wants to stay in Duckvile. His agent said they are not looking for offer sheets.

I suspect the Ducks will end up signing him for more than they want or doing a sign and trade to another team for something/someone.

In Response to Bobby Freak In Ryan:
    Why has this kid not been tendered an offer?  Why are the Bruins not first in line? PC should be on the horn with Anaheim offering up Wheeler, a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for this stud.  Imagine this Bruins team with Lucic and Ryan on the Left side, Horton and Caron on the Right side, Bergeron, Krejci, and Seguin down the middle.  All 25 years of age or younger.  I like the odds of a cup for many years to come.  If Kessel got 2 firsts and 2 seconds, why isn't anyone knocking on the Ducks door?  I don't want to hear anything about the cap either.  We all know that there are things that the Bruins can do to make it work.  Picking up Bobby Ryan would be similar to the Yankees picking up Texeira, put them over the top and make the B's the favorite to win it all! Ryan - Savard - Horton Lucic - Krejci - Seguin Colborne or other youngster - Bergeron - Recchi Paille - Campbell - Thornton Chara - Boychuk Seidenberg - Ference Stuart - Hunwick
    Posted by MeanE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Freak In Ryan : Reading this post makes me think one thing, granted he's a cult hero and all, BUT , Id be willing to trade Looch and Wheeler if it meant getting Ryan.  4 Mil is an ungodly amount for Looch's skill set (as of this moment) and unless he comes back with an absolute vengeance, its highly unjustified.  Id deal with the loss of grit if it meant 30 more goals. Can you imagine the skill of this team replacing Lucic with Ryan?
    Posted by joebondo

The Bruins have their own version of Ryan - Seguin. I'm not someone who advocates for "grit" over skill, but the Bruins do need someone like Lucic, who, when healthy, strikes fear into the opposition. IMHO he's the total package, and I think some people tend to forget how young he is - he just turned 22, for heaven's sake.

As for Ryan, his stud status amuses the hell out of me; it wasn't too long ago that he was proclaimed a "bust" in some circles because he was drafted right after Sidney Crosby and didn't make an immediate impact. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What makes Ryan such an all out superstar?? Did he help them win anything?? He is one pair of legs and hands. Did he win the scoring title?? was he the MVP. You guys are usually more astute. I'll check back when reality speaks up
    Posted by Bogie6

This is absolute reality.  You should make a point to watch him play this season. 

Yeah, he's that good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Ryan was offered $5 million a year by the Ducks and his agent said it wasn't enough money. He wants $5.5-6 million a year. If I trade for Ryan, I'd want him for longer than 3 years.  

Sturm will not be sent to Providence. There is no way it is going to happen. There is a good chance that Ryder will be sent down, but Sturm won't be.

I don't include Krejci in a trade for Ryan. I'd trade Lucic, Wheeler, Hunwick, Ference and draft picks for him. I'd trade Savard for him but Savard won't go to Anaheim. Put Ryan on a line with Krejci.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd give up Lucic, prospect, 1st round pick for Ryan in a heart beat
    Posted by pbergeron37

I wouldn't be happy if they sent all three.  Two out of three, sure, but not all three.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I don't like it but I would move Savrd if he waved his ntc or Krej, we are deep at center, Ana would take a D as well they are weak there, but are strong in net.

Ryan to me is another of those players buried to keep his salary where they want it and not pay for his development or lose his years of RFA. He signed his EL for 2007-8 for 3 years and was drafted #2 in 05. Every where he played he has been strong, he could have easily played in NHL when drafted, no he might not have scored 30 but he would have played with NHL talent. Yes his 2 years helped him in minors but he was good enough to have played then. I don't see how anyone could have said or thought he was a bust, he was being held back.

Ana is not going to give him up for nothing, it might cost a Horton plus, they are going to want like in return.

It would be great to get him but it is not going to happen...yet!

We have been looking for Horton 2-3 years and it has happened so never say never.

With Ryder and Sturm off the books he may be a reality next year, but once again it will cost more than it cost for Horton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Ryan is good, but Getzlaf is the guy the B's should go after if at all possible...It would take a very, very good roster player, a top prospect and a pick too (at least).
    Now, I don't see a reason in the world why the Ducks would do this...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't like it but I would move Savrd if he waved his ntc or Krej, we are deep at center, Ana would take a D as well they are weak there, but are strong in net. Ryan to me is another of those players buried to keep his salary where they want it and not pay for his development or lose his years of RFA. He signed his EL for 2007-8 for 3 years and was drafted #2 in 05. Every where he played he has been strong, he could have easily played in NHL when drafted, no he might not have scored 30 but he would have played with NHL talent. Yes his 2 years helped him in minors but he was good enough to have played then. I don't see how anyone could have said or thought he was a bust, he was being held back. Ana is not going to give him up for nothing, it might cost a Horton plus, they are going to want like in return. It would be great to get him but it is not going to happen...yet! We have been looking for Horton 2-3 years and it has happened so never say never. With Ryder and Sturm off the books he may be a reality next year, but once again it will cost more than it cost for Horton.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

When Bobby Ryan started in Portland, he wasn't ready for the NHL.  The theory of him being buried there is false.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ryan is good, but Getzlaf is the guy the B's should go after if at all possible...It would take a very, very good roster player, a top prospect and a pick too (at least). Now, I don't see a reason in the world why the Ducks would do this...
    Posted by TomOBrien

Might as well target Crosby.