Boston has interest in Vancouver's Bieksa.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Boston has interest in Vancouver's Bieksa.

James Murphy tweeted: "I am hearing again that the Bruins have interest in Bieksa. Not sure what the Canucks would want but they once had interest in Ryder as UFA"

Ryder and Hunwick for Bieksa sounds good to me. That way the youth have a spot to fight for during the pre-season. It'd be nice to see Caron or Colborne make the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Boston has interest in Vancouver's Bieksa.

I don't hate Bieksa, and almost anything that gets rid of the Ryder of last year is a good thing, but I'd rather not lose Hunwick. I think he's about to be an impact player.

Also the Canucks are more than two million over the cap now, and have nine defensemen under contract. I doubt they'd want to take two salaries that would push them 2 mil higher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Canucks looking about 3.5m over cap from what I see, they only pull off a trade like this for prospects or even money, we can't fit that that contract either...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

I would love to see Bieksa in a B's uni.  he actually liked the Bruins growing up and would love to be able to join the B's.  He is accountable and tough, just watch any of his fights, and he has solid O-skills.  Almost a Mark Stuart with puck-moving/scoring abilities.

Ryder is the obvious choice to go back and Van could use him, however as stated, Van is over the salary cap already.  Could there be a third team in play on this trade? Maybe someone else is looking to get Hunwick, Ference, or Salo out of the deal as well as a pick or prospect to take salary from Van.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

And who makes up for the 18 goals we lose in Ryder? I'm not saying it is a lot, but this is the same team that finished last in scoring last season (when we didn't get a scorer to replace Kessel from the previous season!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I guess I'll repeat the "Too much money going back to Vancouver" posts. If Chiarelli moves Hunwick during camp then Matt returns to pre spleen injury Hunwick I'll be bummed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

every time i see a thread started with bruins have interest in some player
    it never happens ; if i don't want a player here all i have to start a thread  saying "bruins have interest in so so" , this way i know he ain't coming

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nobody.

Wants.

Ryder.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

First off no want wants Ryder....NO ONE.  And for those of you who say Bieksa is nothing special obviously don't watch him enough.  He is a true warrior and battles for everything he is worth out there.  He also would be on our 1st line PP .  He does take untimely PIMS from time to time...but he does so b/c of he battles.  Something Chara could watch and learn. 

Bieksa may be a salary dump...but I sure hope we kind find a spot for him.  He would be a very nice blend with Stuart...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Boston has interest in Vancouver's Bieksa.:
    [QUOTE]Keep Hunwick...He is our best skater and one of the best skaters in the League.
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]

That's a bit aggressive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]Keep Hunwick...He is our best skater and one of the best skaters in the League.

Amen brother    (though Paille is a pretty slick skater too).  Hunwick has all the potential to become a Gonchar- Coffee type rushing D-man.  It appears that Bruins management is committed to working with him in his development.  This fan, for one, hopes so.

I'd rather see Ference cut loose, if we are trading a defenseman.  That would offer more cap relief.  Ference can execute some slick D moves, but his offense never seems to click.  Few shots get through.  Plus the injuries.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Love Bieksa's play - wish we could figure out someway of getting him here. What is his cap hit?
    Bruinfaninnewjersey - We got that replacement this year in Horton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

He's supposed to solidy your D, not necessarily upgrade Stuart - he should reduce time for Hunwick on the ice, and be there for when Ference glass groin goes again.
    Much like every other rumor this year - i don't see this happening - but I would approve if it did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Why would they trade Bieska for Ryder? They Canucks are OVER the cap already. They are probably looking to dump the 3.5M for some prospects.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Vancouver is not going to take ryder? End of disscussion. If they would i would do the deal in a second, but not going to happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Bieska is 3,750,000 contract for one year a lot of cap space to move around on the Bruins roster unless another team has interest in Ryder and Ference:

Bieska to Bruins for a prospect most likely a forward or pick

Teams that are looking for vet d man Ottawa SJ Mtl and Detroit = Ference (-2225000) in return Bruins get a prospect/pick

Dal, Colu, Col, Ana, are some teams short on right wingers if one team from this group will take a chance on Ryder will be Dallas to be back playing with Robiero.
    Ryder (-4,000,000) Bst. return is a prospect and a buckett of KFC chicken

Ryder/Ference = ( - 6,225,000) off space when Sturm returns 3,750,000 Bruins aprox. 2,475,000 in the positive

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

From a twitter .... nuff said.

Now ,  I say we send them Hamill back west although it'll take much more than that including draft pick.  Canucks are strapped to the cap as are the Bruins this is why it'll be hard for the two to make a deal.  Bruins on the otherhand can send a salary to AHL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thc96. Show thc96's posts

Ference licks.  Trade that guy for John Blue and when he arrives send him to The P-Bruins.

John BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEE

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Yes - watch Hunwick skate after the guy that just beat him and go in for a scoring opportunity! Hopefully he can find that offensive spark he had 2 years ago, that would at least make up for his defensive short comings. I feel like I've written the same thing about someone else before.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Aggressive...I think not...Thinking Zach Hamill is God is a bit aggressive...Watch Hunwick skate next time your at a game.

Oh, watch him?  Is that they key?  Thanks!

Yeah, I've watched him.  I've watched him get burned a million times on the outside as he does a matador routine. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah obviously this deal isn't too realistic because Vancouver wouldn't take Ryder, but if we could trade Hunwick for Bieksa in some kind of a deal that would even the cap cost to both teams, I'd be all for it.

Hunwick is far from one of the best skaters in the league.  He got beat by speed regularly last season.

Why is Ferrence such a punching bag in these forums?  If we all agree that he's a bit overpaid and is not one of our top d-men, can we also agree that he is a solid contributor who pulls his weight on this team.  I like Ferrence.  Am I the only one?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

No Fletcher I like him too just not at 2.25 Mil and not as an injury ward hero.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Hunwick's problem is not speed. He is in the top ten percent of skaters.
    His problems are 1 confidence and 2 reading the play, those do get better after time, he's still played less than two full NHL seasons, and less than the 200 games most NHL folks say it takes to learn to play defense (well) at the NHL level.

As it is, he's the best skater on the Bruins blueline, he's got the most accurate shot and is still young and cheap. I'm more than willing to give him another year on the Bruins roster.

[QUOTE]Yeah obviously this deal isn't too realistic because Vancouver wouldn't take Ryder, but if we could trade Hunwick for Bieksa in some kind of a deal that would even the cap cost to both teams, I'd be all for it. Hunwick is far from one of the best skaters in the league.  He got beat by speed regularly last season. Why is Ferrence such a punching bag in these forums?  If we all agree that he's a bit overpaid and is not one of our top d-men, can we also agree that he is a solid contributor who pulls his weight on this team.  I like Ferrence.  Am I the only one?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Hunwick's problem is not speed. He is in the top ten percent of skaters.
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

How exactly is this quantified?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Hunwick's problem is not speed. He is in the top ten percent of skaters. His problems are 1 confidence and 2 reading the play, those do get better after time, he's still played less than two full NHL seasons, and less than the 200 games most NHL folks say it takes to learn to play defense (well) at the NHL level. As it is, he's the best skater on the Bruins blueline, he's got the most accurate shot and is still young and cheap. I'm more than willing to give him another year on the Bruins roster. In Response to Re: Boston has interest in Vancouver's Bieksa. :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

But he gets beat by speed!  A lot.  Whenever he takes the inside away on defense, people go around him to the outside with speed. 

Sure he can skate fast, but he can't defend fast skaters.  That's the point.  If you watch the games from last year he got beat cleanly a lot.

Ryan Button is a great skater with speed, but he's not ready to defend NHL forwards.