BOSTON-MONTREAL BRING IT ON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

im a die hard fan and i understand why any true fan would be afraid of this matchup..and in some ways i admit id be a little nervous..but just like in 2004 with the sox..wouldnt it just mean more to knock out the habs and not have someone else do it..for the past few weeks ive been trying to figure out the best matchup for bs in rd 1....and you know it really doesnt matter..i think the bruins can beat anyone in the east if they play their game..and i want montreal...i just think even know we would be favored to beat them anyway that would just be the way it should be and might even spring board the team all the way...i mean getting out of the 1st rd and beating the habs the guys would be loosed and pumped for rd 2...the hockey gods will have it no other way thr april 16th bs-habs lets do it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

I don't think I ll be able to accept a loss to those loser Habs this year .... if would happen, I would seriously consider becoming a golf fan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

the so called experts in the game say the habs will fall so look to see the bruins 1st round against the sabres or panthers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

WOuld be interesting to see how this series would go in light of last years 7 gamer. The shoe was on the other foot last year........I would hope that if these two arch rivals go at it again, Boston might take it in 5 games...or less, but with the history of these two clubs, anything can happen.

There would be no more satisfying a victory (save winning the Stanley Cup), then seeing the Bruins send the Habs to the golf course!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

[Quote]the so called experts in the game say the habs will fall so look to see the bruins 1st round against the sabres or panthers[/Quote]

It is impossible for the Habs to fall....their schedule is too easy, despite the recent losses to weaker teams. Panthers play too many tough games, Buffalo maybe lost to much ground,in Miller's absence

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

be careful what you wish for, whoever montreal plays in the first round there will be a pretty good bet that montreal beats them just because the refs. will be under a lot of preesure to make sure that montreal get more of a even break if you know what i mean ( NATIONAL PRIDE )... so don,t laugh i seen it before it,s a whole new ballgame when montreal is in the play-offs...... they get every break in the book...and then some!!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[Quote]ESPECIALLY IN MONTREAL THERE FANS DICTATE THE CALLS IN PLAYOFFS IN THE 3RD IF MONT IS DOWN IN THE LAST 5 MINS IS WHEN GUARANTEED POWER PLAY THEY SHOULD KEEP THESE STATS .. USUALLY A DIVE OR PHANTOM CALL[/Quote]

Not sure how true it is but makes me think of the call against Reich last year, the guy was having such a great series and gets a weak call against him in the dying moments...power play, Habs score...you know the rest!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

i dont like this matchup in the playoffs remember 2004? the habs have our number in the playoffs to date the b's have played the habs 31 series and ONLY won 7 of them

http://icehockey.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Boston_Bruins-Montreal_Canadiens_playoff_series

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[Quote]ESPECIALLY IN MONTREAL THERE FANS DICTATE THE CALLS IN PLAYOFFS IN THE 3RD IF MONT IS DOWN IN THE LAST 5 MINS IS WHEN GUARANTEED POWER PLAY THEY SHOULD KEEP THESE STATS .. USUALLY A DIVE OR PHANTOM CALL[/Quote]

That's why the penalty kill is so important. The B's must learn to win at all odds. The calls are going to happen -- nothing is more frustrating that having one penalty after another get killed off. That's how Philly did it last year vs Habs but couldn't do the same vs the Pens Olympic diving team. The Pens met their match as the Wings dicided --no problem-- we will just score short handed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINS1952. Show BRUINS1952's posts

BRUINS fan living in Montreal here.....we cannot lose that serie ...Mtl is simply not the same caliber as the BRUINS....they will give a good effort dont get me wrong but the BRUINS have everything it takes to win the Cup ...I say BRUINS in 5 maybe in 4 ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

My God this all so true....I m from Montreal and have watched their games , the refs and the league so favour them its disgusting.

The Bruins and the Flyers always get crapped on by the refs, the only team that gets a fair deal against the Habs are the Leafs

So many good Bruin Teams lost to MTL in the playoffs .... 2002, 2004 etc ... I can see it , the Bruins outplaying the Habs and Price standing on his head

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Habhater. Show Habhater's posts

God no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter how bad Montreal has played, if the Bruins play them they are done!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Habhater. Show Habhater's posts

Our only hope here is if the Rangers go in the tank and drop to 8th. I honestly don't see Florida catching Montreal now. Florida's remaining shedule has them playing some pretty tough teams now and that's not good news for us B's fans!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

IF THE BRUINS PLAY THE HABS THE SERIES WON'T GO PAST A GAME 5, AND THIS TIME IT WON'T BE THE BOYS IN BLACK N GOLD PACKING UP FOR THE SUMMER WHEN THE SERIES IS OVER.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanFromMontreal. Show BruinsFanFromMontreal's posts

Hey guys. I have 1 simple reasoning.

i'm scared as hell, especially with what the HABS can do vs Montreal. But I tell myself. If the Bruins can some how play their nemesis in 1st round, and beat them, nobody will stop these guys. Their confidence will be to the roof and will reach the finals.

2- Habs really are horrible. we have seasont tix at work and i'm going tomorrow Vs TB. If the Bruins can't beat the Habs in a best of 7, then they really don't deserve to be in the playoffs or even acknowledged as "cup contenders".

Habs would get obliterated by the Devils in 4, in Round 2.

We have to step it up. I still don't think they will meet 1st round.. I still think Canes have a tough schedule altough playing at home, or Rangers are tough too. Habs should ride on their momentum and easiler Beat TB and Buf.

i've been at the fleet a couple of times... and nothing compares to Montreal. Its nuts in here.

Forza Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

it,s there birth rite in montreal to get all the breaks and the refs no how to do it DISPICABLE.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

it,s there birth rite in montreal to get all the breaks and the refs no how to do it DISPICABLE.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

[Quote]Hey guys. I have 1 simple reasoning.

i'm scared as hell, especially with what the HABS can do vs Montreal. But I tell myself. If the Bruins can some how play their nemesis in 1st round, and beat them, nobody will stop these guys. Their confidence will be to the roof and will reach the finals.

2- Habs really are horrible. we have seasont tix at work and i'm going tomorrow Vs TB. If the Bruins can't beat the Habs in a best of 7, then they really don't deserve to be in the playoffs or even acknowledged as "cup contenders".

Habs would get obliterated by the Devils in 4, in Round 2.

We have to step it up. I still don't think they will meet 1st round.. I still think Canes have a tough schedule altough playing at home, or Rangers are tough too. Habs should ride on their momentum and easiler Beat TB and Buf.

i've been at the fleet a couple of times... and nothing compares to Montreal. Its nuts in here.

Forza Bruins.[/Quote]

Paisan...they still sound like 21 000 girls crying at the Bell Centre. Nuts...there's nothing else here in Montreal , so the stupid Hab fans have to cling to something

Only team that can maybe lose to them is Boston....any other top seeded team will easily beat them 21 000 whinning fans or not

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

i agree with you bruins fan from mtl i too live in mtl but if we really think that we can contend for the cup then bring on ALL challengers.......no fear,we got to be confident besides we have a very good team we beat detroit we had san jose till we let of the gas pedal but if you guy's remember what thorton said he would love to see these guy's in the playoffs cuz they know they can beat them!!Look at our lines,well balanced and if something is not clicking we have the advantage of mixing up the lines and getting something going and i too watch the habs games(hopping to watch them lose)and they just dont match up!!All i'm worried about is if the boy's get intimedated with the fans last year every time chara touched the puck he was shaking scared too screw up,given chara has uped his game he is amasing this year,if they just relax play there game i'm telling we can beat anybody.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfansince88. Show Bruinfansince88's posts

Bruinsfan76 - You make a great point. We are supposed to be able to take on anyone. I believe we really are Stanley Cup contenders and the Habs shouldn't scare the Bruins, as much it makes Bruins fans feel uncomfortable.

I'm also from mtl and it would be an amazing feeling to see the Bruins personally hand them their all-access pass to the golf course during their centennial season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I understand everyone's worries, but the B's are a complete team and I hope they get a chance to face MTL in first round. A series win vs them would be a major statement(even tho MTL stinks this year!).

If they blow it vs MTL, watch out belowww!!!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

The only way Montreal beats Boston is if Kovalev has a Conn Smyth award type performance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealhabs. Show montrealhabs's posts

Re: BOSTON-MONTREAL BRING IT ON

Why being worried about  HABS this year??  make my word about this one: habs will be a pratice squad for any playoff team in 2009. bruins in 5 versus les canadiens

shall it be written
    shall it be doneWink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: BOSTON-MONTREAL BRING IT ON

Why are people afraid of what happenned in the past.  This is 2009 and we have a team that is more dominate than the 2004 team.  With Markov and Sneider out their defence is terrible if we lose to them this year we deserve to be laughed at.