boychuk resigned!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: boychuk resigned!

Hm.  Okay, so, step one: does this put an end to the Chicken Little syndrome occaisioned by the Ference signing?  Assuming "Kirk" isn't a Trekkie messing with people's heads. (just saw the Globe confirming)

Step 2: $1.875 per is about 20% more than Hunwick, and I'd put money on Hunwick being Chiarelli's yardstick on this one.  As i wrote on the "Tambellini will offer $2M" thread, I think this is a win for JB - he plays two whole years at the level he showed down the stretch and in the playoffs and he'll make up any money he left on the table in his next deal.  Better shot at it than in Edm., anyway.

Step 3: So...now Chiarelli has six D either under contract or protected by a qualifying offer.  Of the six, three are recently re-signed potential UFAs, one is an RFA, one is the captain and #1 D, and the last was mentioned as a key piece in the "puck-moving defenseman" strategy.  Yet Chiarelli says he may not be done adjusting the blueline.  No player in that group is cheap enough that they could carry his salary as 7th D, so...who goes if there's to be a significant add?  Odds are still on Hunwick going for a more experienced version of Hunwick from a rebuilding team, or Ference going to a team needing a reliable bottom 3 veteran.

Step 4: A one game call-up isn't exactly a year of junior.  He played 4 years like many players.  If anything, it says something about his physical gifts at that age that he'd be called from midget to play a game.

Step 5: Will Doug Wilson never learn?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

YESSSS Great news ! !  Another step toward our 3 Stanley Cups in a row

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Maybe this will put an end to the annoying Kaberle rumors

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: boychuk resigned!:
    Maybe this will put an end to the annoying Kaberle rumors
    Posted by 77Fan

I am getting sick of hearing of them myself. Burkey has already come out and said he is working on NOTHING with Chia. End of story.  Glad the Bs tied up Manchuck though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I can't find anything about this deal. I did notice while searching, that Boychuk somehow played 5 years in junior. The 1st year was only 1 game, but 5 years?
    Posted by biggskye

Slow learner but when he gets it he gets it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

In Response to boychuk resigned!:
    2 yrs 1.8 per year  chia wanted 3 boychuk wanted 2  anyway great news
    Posted by bruins8

Awesome news.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cost is good maybe Pc is learning, this puts Stuart at 2.5 with experience

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Good resign for the Bruins, Boychuk made a big jump in his play last year and was solid in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

B8 my oldest is named Raymond, wife's father was happy thought it was named after his father-NOT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Here is the TSN Link

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325572

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

had a baby last tue been busy named him tyler after tyler seguin  wanted seguin for a middle name but wife said no way!   got 2 boys now cam and tyler!  of course cam was named after the great #8      ya read on hfboards they have confirmed 2 yrrs 3.5 total   i like guys that wanna be here...look forward to tommorow...and frankly to oct to get this started..also like horton should do well here
    Posted by bruins8

Great news bruins8 . congratulations. that's funny with the wife putting her foot down. now don't you feel better that we didn't trade the #2 overall for Kovalchuk like you wanted to . your son would have been stuck with the name Ilya . Yuck !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Hm.  Okay, so, step one: does this put an end to the Chicken Little syndrome occaisioned by the Ference signing?  Assuming "Kirk" isn't a Trekkie messing with people's heads. (just saw the Globe confirming) Step 2: $1.875 per is about 20% more than Hunwick, and I'd put money on Hunwick being Chiarelli's yardstick on this one.  As i wrote on the "Tambellini will offer $2M" thread, I think this is a win for JB - he plays two whole years at the level he showed down the stretch and in the playoffs and he'll make up any money he left on the table in his next deal.  Better shot at it than in Edm., anyway. Step 3: So...now Chiarelli has six D either under contract or protected by a qualifying offer.  Of the six, three are recently re-signed potential UFAs, one is an RFA, one is the captain and #1 D, and the last was mentioned as a key piece in the "puck-moving defenseman" strategy.  Yet Chiarelli says he may not be done adjusting the blueline.  No player in that group is cheap enough that they could carry his salary as 7th D, so...who goes if there's to be a significant add?  Odds are still on Hunwick going for a more experienced version of Hunwick from a rebuilding team, or Ference going to a team needing a reliable bottom 3 veteran. Step 4: A one game call-up isn't exactly a year of junior.  He played 4 years like many players.  If anything, it says something about his physical gifts at that age that he'd be called from midget to play a game. Step 5: Will Doug Wilson never learn?
    Posted by Bookboy007

Good points....What about Hunwick as a fourth line wing/seventh D man?

Or do you see Wheeler (or perhaps maybe even a call-up) on the fourth line (w/ presumably Thornton and Campbell)?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Also Bookboy, does Hunwick have a 2-way contract?

Should that be the case, he could fill in nicely at wing while Sturm is on the mend (probably not on the same line, but on the fourth line, pushing everyone up one)....And then be sent back down if Sturm gets healthy.....

I dont think Chia is done yet for one simple reason....What to do about Sobotka? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Good job PC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

Also Bookboy, does Hunwick have a 2-way contract? Should that be the case, he could fill in nicely at wing while Sturm is on the mend (probably not on the same line, but on the fourth line, pushing everyone up one)....And then be sent back down if Sturm gets healthy..... I dont think Chia is done yet for one simple reason....What to do about Sobotka? 
    Posted by Drewski5

He has a one way contract and he isn't going anywhere, bet!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

What's the cap hit for this year and next? 1.8M?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Glad to have JB back, a little higher price than I was hoping, but a good move by PC. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Good to have him back!! Like his physical style and his steadiness in the back end. If only they could get rid of Ryder

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: boychuk resigned! : He has a one way contract and he isn't going anywhere, bet!
    Posted by anthonyalbani89

Thanks, it would be nice if he had a two-way contract for versatility reasons (not trying to knock him....)