Boychuk's Wrist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Boychuk's Wrist

I've been looking around but I havent been able to get an update on boychuk's wrist situation.  All I've found is that he had to leave the game early and it may be injured due to a slash...  Any info is appreciated, thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Boychuk's Wrist

Nothing I checked Matt Kalman, James Murphy, Joe Mcdonald's, Pierre Lebrun and Bish's twitter acounts recently Nada, Bupkis! Keeping my fingers crossed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

BROKEN WRIST! DAMN IT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

Bruins' defenseman Johnny Boychuk suffered a wrist injury in the first period of Boston's game against the Rangers on Saturday.
    Boychuk was slashed by the Rangers' Brandon Dubinsky in the first period and was not able to continue. He should be considered day-to-day until more information becomes available, however there's a chance that he'll be out for much longer than that. Check back for more details over the next couple of days.

Per Roto-World

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In Response to Re: Boychuk's Wrist:
    [QUOTE]BROKEN WRIST! DAMN IT
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]
    Where did you read this?  can you post a link?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=2103&sport=NHL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuk's Wrist : Where did you read this?  can you post a link?
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]

Nowhere. That's a "made you look!" post, typical of the resident 8-year-old.

Here's the latest:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/2482/boychuk-may-have-injured-hand

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuk's Wrist : Nowhere. That's a "made you look!" post, typical of the resident 8-year-old. Here's the latest: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/post/_/id/2482/boychuk-may-have-injured-hand
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

The 8 year old's posts are more of the ' look at me ' variety then ' made you look ' kind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Johnny probably made it look worse than it really is.  Remember when he got hit in the face with a puck last season?  I knew the person who was driving the ambulance taking him to the hospital, he said he was a huge baby, crying the whole way there.  lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Johnny probably made it look worse than it really is.  Remember when he got hit in the face with a puck last season?  I knew the person who was driving the ambulance taking him to the hospital, he said he was a huge baby, crying the whole way there.  lol.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

If I got hit in the face with a slap shot and suffered a fractured orbital bone, I'd be screaming bloody murder, and so would you.

My God, what a tool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boychuk's Wrist : Where did you read this?  can you post a link?
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]

You only have 13 post on here in a year so you may not be aware that bruins8 is the resident idiot on this site. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Boychuk sidelined approximately four weeks with slight fracture in left ulna (forearm). Per Bruins tweet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Not good.  Boychuk was one of the two or three best defensemen on the team so far.  Well, everyone who wanted to see McQuaid play will get their wish, but not for the right reason.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I'd rather see Bartkowski given a try.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

When a player gets hacked like Boychuck was, Dubinsky should be hauled before Colin Campbell's office and get some kind of supension. He's the one who has to have control of his stick, just like a high sticking infraction. That's a load of crap if Dubinsky only gets a 2 min minor !!  Go B's Go !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather see Bartkowski given a try.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

McQuaid's here, and he's been a healthy scratch. It'd be a major slap to the face to bring up a first-year pro from Providence who has one assist and is a minus-2 in four games to start ahead of him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

A "slight fracture"....HILARIOUS!  That means "slight break", and really, its either broken or its not.  It might not be a severe break, but its broken nonetheless.

I agree, this is a suspendable offense.  When is the league going to start cracking down on stuff?  When a guy gets slashed and ends up with a broken arm, the "slasher" should suffer a similar fate.  Maybe not a 4 week suspension, but how about a 2 or more game suspension, then a fine of something like $50K+ that goes into the players fund or something?  I dont get how guys can use an illegal play to knock players out for weeks or MONTHS at a time without any REAL punishment.  Until the league cracks down, these things will continue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Man, that stinks. You'd think with a slash hard enough to fracture a forearm bone, the league should at least review the incident for suspension.  In my experience nothing pisses me off more than a nasty slash or cross-check.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Damn, this suxxs LARGE, I really like Johnny B, but McQuaid held his own last year when he played. I think we'll be alright for four weeks. Good thing this team is deep. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

I TOLD U ALL SO   BAD NEWS  BUT MCQUAID IS NOT BAD

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]I TOLD U ALL SO   BAD NEWS  BUT MCQUAID IS NOT BAD
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

No you said he had a broken wrist when it is a fracuted forearm.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

[QUOTE]When a player gets hacked like Boychuck was, Dubinsky should be hauled before Colin Campbell's office and get some kind of supension. He's the one who has to have control of his stick, just like a high sticking infraction. That's a load of crap if Dubinsky only gets a 2 min minor !!  Go B's Go !!!!
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

For those that were watching on TV don't forget that the on ice officials called JB back up the runway to the bench to have a look at his condition after he made a beeline for the room. My comment at the time was "broken arm" and that should be bumped to four minutes. So the refs were in CYA mode when Colin & co. review the film. I'm not surprised that he came back to give it a go as he seems to be a very tough kid, witness the broken facial bone last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Now is the time to give McQuaid another chance to show what he can do.  He filled in very well last year.  For the next road trip they could carry Bartkowski as a 7th, but as long as they are home they should just keep him in Providence.

A real shame as I thought Boychuk was playing quite well.  Can't believe anyone is questioning his toughness because their loser friend heard him complaining about a shattered orbital bone.  That was a nasty injury.  Not to mention that he came back on the ice to try to play last night with the fracture.  Impressive guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

maybe JB needs better equipment...