Bring Ilya Kovalchuk To Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

Bring Ilya Kovalchuk To Boston

Alright i kno the phil kessel trade is still fresh in everyones minds and with the recent scoring troubles maybe there is a reason to second guess ourselves but the fact is Kessel is gone and we are left without out a legit scoring threat. I think its about time to Bring a superstar Game changing forward to the front line of boston. With the Atlanta Thrashers looking to move star forward Ilya Kovalchuk Peter Chiarelli needs to make a tough decision and that may mean letting young frorward Vladimír Sobotka along with an array of pick to the Thrasher in efforts of aquaring Kovalchuk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Re: Bring Ilya Kovalchuk To Boston

A) Don Waddell would never trade a megastar for Sobotka and picks. Market value (keeping in lines with what other teams would offer) would mandate a Raask, prospects, and probably TO's first this yearr. never going to happen. B) One player, no matter how good, will not turn this team into cup favorites, and that is purely adding, not factoring what the B's would give up to get him. If the B's aren't going to win the cup, why would they give up all the talent for a rental player that there is NO chance they'd be able to afford to sign long term? If the B's were having the season they had last year, and Kovy could be had for Toronto's picks and prospects, then yeah, he would probably be worth it to win the cup. But the Bruins' issues this year are too big for Kovy to fix, so no, it's not going to happen. ESPECIALLY for a package of Sobotka and picks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

i respect tht but your saying 1 player doesnt make a differnce look at ovechkin instant playoff contenders and even crosby before malkin emerged. and we have the pieces around him the noris trophy winner and 3 playmaking centers on each line when healthy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

Krejci, Ryer, Wheeler and a pick for Kovalchuck

Make the deal!.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

NOBODY WANTS MICHAEL RYDER!

Nobody's going to take him off your hands at 4 mil per year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

simple solution !!!!!!!! Blake Wheeler Vladadimir Sabotka and a first round pick is enough to get this deal done.. and get off ryders back he is a streaky goal score and we will need tht down the stretch.

HABS BLOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

the salary cap impact is the key not to mention I dont want to trade young players for a guy who is gone after the season is over. make deals that make more financial and compensation sense. I heard a rumor Ray Whitney for a possible second rd pick. That is a great deal in my opinion, he is older but hasn't slowed down in his offensive numbers. Not to mention his veteran stature to go along with Recchi would be a plus as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I agree that Ilya is a difference maker. He's dedinately the real deal. But Ovechkin, Malkin, ect weren't 3 month rentals. And the fact is the B's arent going to be cup favorites even with Ilya, they will be better, yes, but if they aren't reasonably sure they will win the cup, they won't mortgage next year when Kovy is gone for the mega-contract the B's can't afford, and also gone are the players & prospects they gave up to get him. You only mortgage your future if you have a very, veryr eal shot of winning the cup, that way you can justify why your next few years stink. And like I said, as much as a game-breaker as Ilya can be, it's an issue with the entire team this year, I doon't think many will disagree that one player can fix it all enough to make them hands-down favorites

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackedwardsbrownteeth17. Show jackedwardsbrownteeth17's posts

I say trade hamill, b's 1st pick this year a second round pick this year, and a few more porspects for Kovalchuk. And I also say that ryder is wanted by a team. Maybe the Flames or another western conference team that needs a scorer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

They weren't three month rentals they were 3 years of horrendous hockey or more to get the superstars. PIT Whitney #5 2002, Fleury #1 2003, Malkin #2 2004, Crosby#1 2005, Staal #2 2006 5 years of top 5 picks, I don't ever want to be that bad for so long.

We can make the trade without mortgaging the future, we don't have one without the core that we have. I am sick of picking up wannabe's at the deadline let's be the buyer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

We don't have to be that bad for the next 5 years we have 4 1st round draft picks in the next two years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

the fact is we arent going to mortgage the future with this trade we still have TUKKA RASK who is still in his very early 20's and is recognized by many as an emerging SUPERSTAR in this league and Joe Colborne who is there top forward prospect and until the the injury the bruins were extreamly pleased with the progress that last years 1ts round pick Jordan Caron was making. And as to trading picks We are getting 3 picks 2 first round over the next 2 years from 1 of the worst teams the eastern conference has to offer. Take a chance on this absolute freak talent in Ilya Kovalchuk in efforts to bring a cup home to Boston !!!!!!!!!!!!

HABS STILL BLOW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHA First Kessel Joke of the day

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

//posted at 1/13/2010 

The Thrashers already have Pavalec who is ranked slightly below Rask in the top 50 NHL goalie prospects and a 2nd overall pick Lehtonen why do people keep bringing up Rask will be demanded by Waddell ? Atlanta doesn't need another young budding Goalie they've got 2 already./

Atlanta needs Defense to put in front of there 2 young goalies. Now I do believe that Chicago and Los Angeles do have a slightly better chance at getting Ilya but not Washington whom will not give up Jon Carlson which I do believe Waddell would demand because he needs young stud defensmen.

Waddell is going to want high draft picks. Washington, Chicago and LA do not have them this why PC still has a chance. Chiarelli would not hesitate to bring in Kovalchuck because of Julien FORGET that argument!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from quagmire311. Show quagmire311's posts

It's going to take a lot more than picks and a top Prospect to got Kovalchuk here. They have very limited cap space where trading for kovy they would need to get rid of a few contracts ( Like Bergeron, Krejci and 1 or 2 more) Plus there is now way he would sign here next year. Kovy is going to sign an outragious contract next season. I'm fine with not winning the cup this than making a trade for Kovy and have a horrid teamfor another 2 years because we had to trade core guys to get someone for 3 months.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Why would you want to trade pics and players when you may end up with Taylor Hall or Cam Fowler.This team cannot afford to let these pics go, in a salary cap era.
    Kovalchuck hasn't even shown that he can elivate the play of his thrasher  teamates.Keeping these players who will be at a more afforable price than 10 million a year given to Kovalchuk .Be careful what you wish for, I don't think this is a good option when in all likelihood it does nothing but hurt your team in the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBeijingJT. Show BostonBeijingJT's posts

nope svatos. wadell wont trade eastern conference

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

Wow! what an original post.  This must be the first time someone has brought up the idea of bringing Kovalchuck to Boston.

Great idea, trade a top 5 pick plus more for a guy who will most likely be playing in Russia next year.  This Bruins team is not good enough to win the cup even with Kovalchuck

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

No team in the NHL will go after him until deadline, if any and the asking price will be high but i beleive all teams will back off and not gibe up much because atlanta can not afford to refuse a little when they expect alot. Unless a team trying to get him can sign longterm,, hes an UFA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

kovi would never sign here to play in this boring trap system so giving up rask, wheeler or picks would be a waste.

by the way ryder is a streaky non-goal scorer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

No thanks ..the Bruins don't have the cap money to sign him long term if I am hearing he wants 10-11 mil.. Good Luck..Also I would not want to give up young prospects ie Wheeler, Rask , Colborne etc and a boat load of draft picks for a RENTAL.. it would set this franchise back 10 years.. The Bruins are not going to win the Cup this year.. so why mortgage the future..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

NEVER NEVER trade Wheeler...this guy will become a megastar in the NHL the only way I would let him go would be Wheel + 1st draft pick for Kovalchuk

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

and David I mean Patrice 2 studs that's allot WoW! Atlanta is horrible "Shots against per game" Waddell might want to address that for his 2 young goalies.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetchKey=20092ALLAAAAll&sort=avgShotsAgainstPerGame&viewName=summary 27th in the league!

Good Guys but not getting allot of help DK woops messed up again PB my bad.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

wally your dumb ... if kovalchuk walk at the end of the season wht ever team he is on will recieve atlantas first rounder so educate your self because you sound stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In Response to Re: Bring Ilya Kovalchuk To Boston:
    No team in the NHL will go after him until deadline, if any
    Posted by wallydouglas

Never underestimate the FAIL of Garth Snow!!