Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal

The Bruins are apparently working on a big deal which would see them acquire Nathan Horton. No specific detailas as to who else might be coming to the Bruins or who is supposed to go to Florida. Maybe Stuart, Wheeler, Boychuk?  This article states that Horton could be close to becoming a Bruin

http://www.nesn.com/2010/06/bruins-closing-in-on-panthers-winger-nathan-horton.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal

Look at the next thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I think he started this one because he's tired of reading Stanley's comments about Blake Wheeler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh glory, another under achiever to be added to a team that is already full of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrosephStalin. Show BrosephStalin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal:
    Oh glory, another under achiever to be added to a team that is already full of them.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

But I like that story, bro!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Why? He is lazy and an underachiever. I wouldn't trade a bag of pucks for him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's no Rick Nash, but he's no Byron Bitz.  Being optimistic, and trying to find the positives of having Nathan Horton on the club, I offer these:

1.  He's been between 20-30 goals for his career, and has never played with a high class center.

2.  He is 25, so his best seasons should be coming soon.

3.  at 6'2, 230, he and Lucic would make the other team black and blue for a month. Unlike the softies that prowl the home locker room on Causeway, he throws his body.

4.  Nope, that's all I have.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I like him at 4M for 3 years cap and some players to play with he will hit 30+.

His size and use of it will be welcome if he comes, just hope the cost is not too high.

Put him with Luc and Caron so pierre can have his monster line.lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal:
    He's no Rick Nash, but he's no Byron Bitz.  Being optimistic, and trying to find the positives of having Nathan Horton on the club, I offer these: 1.  He's been between 20-30 goals for his career, and has never played with a high class center. 2.  He is 25, so his best seasons should be coming soon. 3.  at 6'2, 230, he and Lucic would make the other team black and blue for a month. Unlike the softies that prowl the home locker room on Causeway, he throws his body. 4.  Nope, that's all I have.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Doesn't Horton fracturing the tibia bone in his left leg last season scare you just a little? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

His laziness scares me more than the fracturing of his tibia

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Florida's GM tried all year to get rid of this stiff, and couldn't.
    Tallon comes in, and his first priority is to unload this bum...and who's interested? Our idiot GM !!
    This trade better be something like HORTON & #3 for Ryder + #15 + #45, or
    Chiarelli must go !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal : Lighten up francis
    Posted by pbergeron37

Sorry...Didn't realize I needed to ask your permission, before I ranted a little.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

I think Horton would flourish in a more hockey friendly city like Boston.

Dump wheeler and some late picks...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

If the price wasnt too steep and we could send some bad contracts back I would be all for this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

savard,ryder,hunwick,ference,2 #2,s (TB + B,s) bruins #1 next year for florida,s #1,horton & floridas #2 next year  BLOCKBUSTER!   we wish right?  3 picks in this years top 15 & horton.....id do it  seguin,fowler,etem & still have torontos 2nd & 1st next year.....alittle mix & match wheeler instead of ryder or wideman instead of ference

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

savard,ryder,hunwick,ference,2 #2,s (TB + B,s) bruins #1 next year for florida,s #1,horton & floridas #2 next year  BLOCKBUSTER!   we wish right?  3 picks in this years top 15 & horton.....id do it  seguin,fowler,etem & still have torontos 2nd & 1st next year.....alittle mix & match wheeler instead of ryder or wideman instead of ference
    Posted by pucman

I'm not trying to be the Grammar Police, but your writing is very difficult to read when you don't capitalize or separate anything.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

savard, ryder, hunwick, ference, 2 #2,s ( TB & bos ) & boston,s 2011 1st for florida,s 2010 #1, horton, & florida,s 2011 #2......entice the offer by swapping out wheeler instead of ryder or wideman instead of ference....i think its scares me more that you will be able to read it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

I think Horton would flourish in a more hockey friendly city like Boston. Dump wheeler and some late picks...
    Posted by BruinsYear

Just a thought...but about 25 years ago the Bruins faithful were up in arms when they acquired an "underachieving RW" from Vancouver for one of our top centers.

And we all know how that turned out...
    Don't we "Mr. President..Cam"?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal : Just a thought...but about 25 years ago the Bruins faithful were up in arms when they acquired an "underachieving RW" from Vancouver for one of our top centers. And we all know how that turned out... Don't we "Mr. President..Cam"?
    Posted by BattlingB

The end result of that trade hasn't been realized yet.  The Bruins didn't win a Cup with Neely.  The remaining parts of that trade, Lucic and Wideman, are still in play.  Hopefully one of those two will win a Cup in Boston so the trade doesn't become an official bust.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Neely is only 45, he better be Pres for next 25+ and 1/2 a dozen cups and then it will be the trade that keeps on given.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Wheeler for Natahn Horton NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

Wheeler for Natahn Horton NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! !
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS

horton has always played on a crappy team, he has alot of potential and is still young and just now coming into his prime.  i like the idea of getting him if all it took was a 2nd round and a prospect like hamill plus obviously throwing some cap at them in the form of ryder or ference.  3 years left at 4 million sounds good to me...but in reality theyd probably want way more than this, i wouldnt throw too much for him, i mean look at what the devils gave up for kovalchuk, and kovalchuk is a much better player

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

There's been alot of talk with Horton's run ins with the coaching staff in FLA. What makes anyone think that'll change under CJ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Horton's production last season is what they wanted out of Ryder for that amount. I agree that Horton's compete level blows, but the talent and size is there. He's tougher than most of our wingers (save for Lucic and Thornton of course), but he's got the offensive talent, age and reasonable cap hit for what he can do. Maybe a change of scenery changes his attitude, or maybe Neely or someone in the B's locker room gets Horton to get his mind on track. Horton has three more years left on his contract, which could be one of the longest contracts remaining on the entire Bruins roster (except for Seidenberg, Savard and Thomas). If we can get the #3 pick and Horton without giving up the farm or a bevy of picks then I say go for it. If we can manage to clear cap room in some form and fit everything under the contract then we will be better off. Horton on the 3rd worst team in the league had more points in an "off season" than any Bruin on the roster, and that's after he missed 17 games.

People may not like his underachieving, and his broken leg may worry some, but he'd still be one of our best wingers and bring in an element to the Bruins game that it needs, a physical, productive winger. Lucic is physical, but his offensive game is still developing and at this point isn't good enough to be considered an offensive force.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Horton is big, lazy, and soft according to his coach and gm's.
    The bruins already have Wheeler, so why don't they just pay him 4M a year?