BRUINS COLLAPSE IN THIRD & LOSE GAME!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Re: BRUINS COLLAPSE IN THIRD & LOSE GAME!

dhitch - will you PLEASE get off the injury thing!!!! It's part of the game and NO EXCUSE.  It's only an excuse for teams that stink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

and...all the Die-Hards have been unnecessarily "cutting them slack" for too long

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toe219. Show Toe219's posts

The Bruins are going nowhere.... again. The team, with the exception of a few guys, aren't willing or aren't talented enough for this team to win. Vezina trophy aside, this team will never win the cup with Thomas in net. They just aren't good enough and he can't steal you the game. He's a nice goalie, but not playoff material. The shootouts are a constant reminder of how inept they are when scoring chances present themself. To watch them skate in on a penalty shot situation and watch the puck roll off the stick and not even get a shot on net is pathetic! The flipside is watching Thomas undressed by the other team when we get into the shootout after blowing the lead..

Get out of the house and get a hobby other than the B's, you'll thank me later..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

I watched Thomas in the pre-game warmup, every puck that got up in arms, slipped through and every puck that was in his skates, in between pads, he had trouble with. It was scary. I was thinking, just play your normal game, Timmy, and it will be fine. But in the shootout, that's where it reared it's ugly head, the goals were both indicative of his pre-game warmup. I don't know if it was just a bad day for him, because I'm not blaming him for the 2 goals in the third, both just complete forwards breakdowns on not covering a top kings player, and point blank shots, but he does seem to always have a problem with those directed to his skates in the center, keep the shots low on Tim, and you may have his weakness. 5-hole is every goalie's nightmare, but more Tim's problem of late is low 5-hole. Now, of course, Thomas made about 5 saves that stopped goals during the game, and he stole the San Jose game, so trying to criticize Mr. Vezina on a Baby B's team of misfits right now, is sort of a waste of time. I now humbly apologize for this post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

You could see the Bruins tiring in the third.. 3 games in less than 4 days will do that.. plus with a depleted line up and I really don't care if Stuart and Lucic and Krejci are back playing these guys are not in game shape and able to contribute like they should.. All three teams you can make a case are better than the Bruins ..San Jose and LA for sure..Anaheim was riding a 5 game winning streak and the depleted Bruins got 3 points which is 3 more than I actually thought they would get.. Bruins showed character and heart to battle these teams and muster some points ,anyone thinking otherwise is foolish...

The only good thing that I heard on yesterday's telecast that made my day was to hear Kerry Fraser is in his last year of officiating.. The game has passed this guy by.. Good Ridance!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

this loss had more to do with coaching then anything else. hunwick was behind the net on the 2nd goal waiting for a pass. the only team in the league that insists on passing the puck between D 5 times before going forward.

krejci taking d zone face offs and and sobatka line taking offensive zone faceoffs, backwards. 
    no one goes to the front of the net in the offesive zone and no one coveres the net in the defensive zone. great strategery?

the system has turned this team into mindless zombies on the ice.
    no adjustment and no creativity
    julein calling out the refs?? does anyone realize LA didnt score on any of these PP'S. it was 5 on 5 when boston went into there shell.
    same story same result

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Anyone making excuses for the B's not taking 6 points out of this trip is not only foolish, they're quite delusional.

Going into the trip, it looked like an insurmountable task. But, when actually faced with the challenge, the 6 points was very doable.

Thomas stood on his head against San Jose, but last night against LA, he lost the game for them, again. His inability to consistently handle routine saves is very disturbing and should concern this team, the coaches and the GM.

If last years Vezina winner isn't geting the start for Team USA, that ought to tell you something..

I am officially on the "Get Thomas the hell outa Boston" bandwagon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

//Yeah i'm a "troll" //
    Funny because I didn't mention any names.
    I love the ones that come here and call out real HOCKEY FANS apologists !
    At least posters like BadHabitude, Cowboy, Dcater even Bim (except on TT LOL) know their hockey .
    The others that always come here to Bi:tch all time it's not the real hockey fans faults if you're "Damaged".
    It's not excuses , IT'S A REALITY , with the team on the ice and the bad calls.
    Call them both ways !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Who says posters on here only rely on NESN and the Globe! I don't rely on any newspaper or media outlet to make up my mind. Speak for yourself!

Thomas won big playoff games against the Habs on the road in 08' and 09' plus he won big games against the Canes as well. PC made sure that Thomas's contract went down the last 2 years so he could trade him once Rask is ready. So either way Rask the starter or Thomas the Bruins have 2 great goalies under 7Mil. Ottawa, Montreal, Phily and Toronto all have lowsy goaltending. Anyone of those teams would love to have Thomas that cheap.

Wrong Again!!! Thanks for more misinformation!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Vicrattlehead, try duinne, DrCC, and SanDogbrewin to complete your list... I take offense at your superiority in hockey matters.  Whatever..... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

add Zilla to the list!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

cowboys9 is right though...whether he is an apologist or not. Playing 3 games in 4 days is just plain difficult, nevermind having a depleted lineup. I think I will save my judgement on how this season will end after I see how they play when 100% healthy, because I dont think they have played 100% healthy yet this entire season!

How did Begin get injured? Krejci was back in the lineup in a big way, can you imagine he wasnt? When was the last time an NHL team had its top 4 reglar centermen out injured? Has it ever happened before I wonder?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Wow.  As enjoyable as it is to read this forum, I can't get over how much negativity and down right meaness comes out with a number of the folks here.

I am definitely not a Bruins fan, as most of you are aware, but I sometimes think a number of you just invent things to whine about.  Bruins are playing as good (possibly slightly better) than espected given their injury woes and lack of an impact scorer.

1. Officials - Overall I think the officiating in the NHL is subpar compared to the other professional leagues, with the exception of the NBA which is corrupt in my opinion.  The problem, however, is that hockey allows fighting (the only professional league that does - outside of lacross I guess) and a penalty results in a player actually coming off which I think is also unique in sports (aside for lacross) so calls are a lot more magnified. I don't think the Bruins get it any worse than other teams, but it goes in streaks at times and perhaps you're going thru a stretch where the calls don't seem to be fair.  Over a season, it tends to balance out which means all the teams eventually get screwed by the officials.....LOL
    2. Having Savard and Bergeron back will help (but they weren't really lighting it up before they got injured).  Keep your draft picks and improve the skill level on the team.  However when you do.....I think Julian's got to go.  He's great at playing defensive hockey, which is keeping the Bruins afloat this year,  but his track record with skilled offensive players is not great and he tends to tune those type of players out in time....imho
    3. Goaltending is a strength on this team, regardless of who you put out there.  It's easy to complain about a goal here and there, but 85% of the teams in the NHL including my beloved leafs....have medicore goaltending ALL THE TIME!
    4. Scoring.  Here is where most of the posts on this forum are probably right.  I still contend you need some impact offensive players to compete at the highest levels in the NHL. I don't see any impact offensive threat on the Bruins at this point.  However, you are in draft position to acquire them there.  I don't think the salary cap will allow you to land a premier offensive player unless you're willing to gut your team. Forget all the pie-in-the-sky trade suggestions to land players like Kovalchuk.  You can't afford a player like that given the cap and I don't think they'd want to play for a coach like Julien.
    5. The Bruins as they stand are probably anywhere between 5th-8th in terms of best teams in the league.  That should translate into at least 1 (maybe two) playoff round wins.  To get to top 4, you need to acquire and retain a couple of impact scorers.  Washington as Ovechkin  (who counts for 2 offensive threats!) plus Backstrum and Semin.  Pits has Cosbey and Malkin, Chicago has Towes and Kane, San Jose has Thornton, Marleau and Heatly. ....Bruins have ?? Even the Sabres recognize that despite how well they are playing they need an impact scorer to challenge for the cup.   It is what it is.  I think the Bruins could be in position to become that impact team if they draft and trade wisely in the next couple of years.  They are in good shape to do that.  Thinking they can challenge for the Cup before that is unrealistic.  Be patient....most teams would love to be in the position the Bruins are now.

The gospel according to LRH

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

hey, why wait until the third, just fall apart in the 1st 2 periods