Bruins players ranking from 1 to 10 (most important

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Bruins players ranking from 1 to 10 (most important

1. Tyler Seguin - Hasn't  played a single NHL game ye,t but is already considered our most important player. You can build a team around him and he can play multiple roles (pp, pk, etc.).  90 points plus and 35 goals plus seasons not out of the question

2. Tuuka Rask - Already one of the best young goalies in the league. Composed, mature for age, not easily rattled. Technically sound goalie with a super fast glove. Doubt he will turn out to be another Jim Carey, Carey Price (more technically sound and mature)

3. David Krecji - Last year was his year off. Dealt with injuries and didn't get it together until near the end of the year. Missed him dearly playing against the flyers (reason we actually lost the series in my opinion). Just like Seguin can play in all types of situations, good two way centre, can be pretty much paired with any wingers (helps them score) and is strong along the boards. 70 points plus a season

4. Dennis Seidenberg - Plays a mistake free game, good at all three zones of the ice, great along the boards, blocks alot of shots, good outlet passer, knows when to pinch in and has underrated offensive skills. Can play in play situations and logs on a ton of time

5. Milan Lucic -Ruthless checks can change outcome of the game. Is developing a nice scoring touch. Underrated passer. Plays with Heart and comes through in clutch.

6. Partice Bergeron - One of the best faceoffs man in the league. Good defensive player that can still play some offense. Can play PP and PK. Looks to recover completely from a bad concussion injury (especially in the offensive department). Before injury had potential to be one of the better two way centres in the league.

7. Zdeno Chara
    8. Marc Savard
    9. Nathan Horton
    10. Johnny Boychuk

my top 10 Bruins list.

Your list?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Bruins players ranking from 1 to 10

Is your ranking best player?  Favorite player?  Most important player?  Most talented player?  Something else?

I need a topic to make my list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Bruins players ranking from 1 to 10 (most important

I think it's based on the most important or MVP.

I'd say:

1. Tuukka Rask
    2. Patrice Bergeron
    3. Zdeno Chara
    4. Nathan Horton
    5. Marc Savard
    6. David Krejci
    7. Milan Lucic
    8. Dennis Seidenberg
    9. Andy Ference
    0. John Boychuk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

My rankings will be for 2010-11 only, and obviously only a guess.

1. David Krejci
    2. Marc Savard
    3. Nathan Horton
    4. Tyler Seguin
    5. Zdeno Chara
    6. Patrice Bergeron
    7. Tuukka Rask
    8. Milan Lucic
    9. Dennis Seidenberg
    0. Johny Boychuk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

1. Rask
    2. Chara
    3. Krejci
    4. Seguin
    5. Bergeron
    6. Ryder
    7. Seidenberg
    8. Savard
    9. Horton
    10. Lucic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

1. Zdeno Chara - Plays half the game and is still a shut down defender.  Hopefully health we bring more offense and physical play.  The Bruins would be in BIG, BIG trouble if he were lost for an extended period of time.

2. Patrice Bergeron - Very good 2-way player that plays in all situations and is outstanding in the face-off dot. 

3. Tuukka Rask - Could be ranked as high as #1, but until Thomas is gone the B's have a very good goalie to start should Rask struggle or get injured.

4. Nathan Horton - The lack of anything positive from the wingers last season was clear.  Hopefully a change of scenary will work wonders for Horton and finally give Savvy someone that can score.

5. Milan Lucic - Big year for Looch.  If he can stay healthy and continue to develop, he could be another solid NHL winger that fits the B's mold perfectly. 

6. David Krejci - Health, health, health (common theme here, huh?).  Should Horton, Lucic, and either Ryder and/or Wheeler perform well, Kreijci and Savard will have a great seasons that will give the Bruins two excellent scoring lines....remember 08/09 anyone???

7. Dennis Seidenberg - Great partner for Chara.  Solid, physical and makes good plays in transition.  And, GREAT SCOTT!!!!......he gets SHOTS ON NET!!!!!!

8. Marc Savard - Also could be ranked higher.  But other than health, you know what you're getting with Savvy: No scoring winger = good season -or- Scoring winger = great season.  And that's why I have Horton and Looch ranked higher.

9. Andy Ference - Fact is - the team plays better when he plays.  He's solid, smart and tough for his size.  Also good in transition.

10. Tyler Seguin - Doesn't need to be on the list but I put him on anyway.  He doesn't need to come in and dominate or anything like that.  Just look like he belongs.  50 points would be a great season for him.  If he performs well as a rookie, Bruins nation will have a lot to look forward to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins players ranking from 1 to 10 (most important:
    1. Rask 2. Chara 3. Krejci 4. Seguin 5. Bergeron 6. Ryder 7. Seidenberg 8. Savard 9. Horton 10. Lucic
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Ryder at #6??  Over Seidenberg Savard Horton Lucic??
    Boychuk not even on the list?

I'd put Recchi, Wheeler and even Sturm ahead of Ryder.

Where's my vodka bottle?  Happy now that you've driven me to drink?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]jalvis - - it says most important.

I don't recall seeing that when I first posted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins players ranking from 1 to 10 (most important : Ryder at #6??  Over Seidenberg Savard Horton Lucic?? Boychuk not even on the list? I'd put Recchi, Wheeler and even Sturm ahead of Ryder. Where's my vodka bottle?  Happy now that you've driven me to drink?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Ryder is arguably our best secondary scorer. Secondary scoring is vital. When Ryder is on a roll and scoring, there is a good chance the Bruins are doing the same thing. Im not saying I wouldnt dump ryder, but if we do keep him, he will be a lot more important than many people think. If ryder is having a good season, that means krejci is probably having a good season. If krejci and his line is having a good season, the top 3 lines could be having good seasons. Its a domino effect

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

1. Zdeno Chara
    2. Tuukka Rask
    3. Marc Savard
    4. David Krejci
    5. Patrice Bergeron
    6. Dennis Seidenberg
    7. Milan Lucic
    8. Tyler Seguin
    9. Tim Thomas
    10. Johnny Boychuk

Great teams are built from the goalie up the middle, just as great baseball teams are built from the catcher up the middle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Good to see other peoples lists. Its funny how some peoples lists are backwards vs mine

Importance in my ranking also comes down to who would PC likely trade or let go vs untouchables.

Seguin and Rask in my opinion got to be two players that PC wouldn't trade at this moment (for anyone in the league outside of Toews, Kane, Keith, Stamkos, Crosby, Staal and other elites) and may not be able to unless he got the Bruins owners ok.

Chara has still a few years of mileage left but his best years were in his last few years with the Senators and first year with the Bruins. His skating/agility, stamina, aggression has decreased. He has problems with smaller players who can dance around him. In todays nhl these type of players are increasing by twofolds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Ryder stinks.  He was good the first year then returned to true form.  The sooner the Bruins can get past his contract, the better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yaz, if your talking about the future of the Bruins, then my list is very different.  But next year, Seguin will have very little to do with the success of the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Seguin is going back to the OHL and playing for a Gold Medal in the WJC next season...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins players ranking from 1 to 10 (most important : Ryder is arguably our best secondary scorer. Secondary scoring is vital. When Ryder is on a roll and scoring, there is a good chance the Bruins are doing the same thing. Im not saying I wouldnt dump ryder, but if we do keep him, he will be a lot more important than many people think. If ryder is having a good season, that means krejci is probably having a good season. If krejci and his line is having a good season, the top 3 lines could be having good seasons. Its a domino effect

Hey, that was one of your better posts lately...

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011 (only if Ryder stays and Marchand plays.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradyfan1972. Show Bradyfan1972's posts

1. Zdeno Chara 2. Tuukka Rask 3. Marc Savard 4. David Krejci 5. Patrice Bergeron 6. Dennis Seidenberg 7. Milan Lucic 8. Tyler Seguin 9. Tim Thomas 10. Johnny Boychuk Great teams are built from the goalie up the middle, just as great baseball teams are built from the catcher up the middle.
    Posted by duinne

It's good to see that you and Jalvis get it! These people who don't grasp that Zdeno Chara is the most important player on the Bruins, don't even understand the game! He has been voted (by NHL players) the most intimidating fighter (which he rarely does) and the most intimidating player to play against, multiple times! He is not as talented as Ray Bourque offensively, nor Bobby Orr, the greatest player of all time. What he brings to the table is being the greatest defensive player in the history of the game (sorry Doug Harvey) and someone who contributes on the offensive end! Chara is IMMENSE!
    Without Chara, Rask and Thomas are middle of the road goalies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Stanley must have a writer's block tonight...

But I hope you, fellas, don't mind if I post Stanley's list here for him :

1.  Blake Wheeler 
    2.  Blake Wheeler
    3.  Blake Wheeler
    4.  Blake Wheeler
    5.  Blake Wheeler

Well, you probably get the picture...

Stanley Cup to the Bruins for ever more (but only if the Big Wheel stays...)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

1. Rask 2. Chara 3. Krejci 4. Seguin 5. Bergeron 6. Ryder 7. Seidenberg 8. Savard 9. Horton 10. Lucic

Man you got Chara at number 2 he should be at like 10 and ryder shouldnt be even in the top 10. more like

Rask
    Krejci
    Seguin
    Berg
    Horton
    lucic
    savard
    chara
    seinenberg
    Boychuk

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Today                  Future

Bergeron              Seguin
    Rask                   Colborne
    Horton                Caron
    Lucic                  Marchand               
    Krejci                  McQuaid
    Savard                 Alexandrov
    Siedenberg           Suave
    Boychuk               Lovecchio
    Stuart                 Penner
    Chara                  Rechhi( coach/palyers development)

Most important office:  Cam Neely

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Canboston, the good news about your lists is that with the exception of Savard and Chara (maybe Seidenberg, too), I believe most of the guys in your left hand column are still under 25.  These guys could have all made your future column just as easily as your today column. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you're calling it "most important", my list is a bit different than "most valuable", which, based on the explanations, is where others have gone.  For me, "most important" means that the level of their performance will have a huge effect on the season.  Valuable would be the quality of the team with that player vs. without that player.  Given that interpretation:

1. Nathan Horton - lots of talk about his desire to play for a good organization, a playoff team, and how that would get the best out of him.  Okay...show me.  35 goals and/or at least 70 points would give the Bruins the go-to winger they lacked all of last year.

2. Michael Ryder - More and more, it looks like Ryder will either be a cap sacrifice or the guy people will say should have been sacrificed instead of Savard.  Another sub-20 goal season would be a disaster.  A return to '08-'09 form and the Bruins should have close to 60 goals from the top two RWs.

3. Blake Wheeler - Reasons are done to death, so in short, he either has a Kessel-like breakout year as a LW on the top two lines or they shop him for help at the deadline to a non-contender looking to unload a veteran with playoff savy.  [no surprise the first three play the wing....]

4. Johnny Boychuk - The Bruins are counting on JB to play like a top four defenseman.  If you consider only his playoff minutes, that's not a huge stretch.  If you consider that he probably won't play with Chara, and that this will be his first October as a full time NHL player, then he still has plenty to prove.

5. Mark Stuart - Much the same with Stu, this is his make or break year as a top four D.  He's eligible for UFA next year - players who are 27 or who have that much service time need to put up or shut up.  Potential is no longer part of the equation.

6. Tyler Seguin - Bruins are a significantly different team if he makes the club (on merit) than if he doesn't.  His high-end skills and speed are far superior to anyone else the Bruins might play in that roster spot. A Duchene/Tavares like 40+ points would have made him a top-5 scorer on this roster last year, top-4 among forwards, and 44+ would have dropped him right into 3rd.

7. Dennis Seidenberg - There's a lot of pressure on this guy to be the player the Bruins saw over his first 10 games.  He'll be the first guy asked to replace some of Wideman's offensive push.  If he can't do that, Chiarelli might be forced to make other moves mid-season to tweak the blueline, and that won't be easy.

8. Tuukka Rask - Could have put him higher - quite easily. He comes into camp as the starter if only because he ended the season as the starter. Thomas is going to challenge him, push him, but the best result here would be both goalies playing their best hockey.  If that happens, Rask's best will make him the starter.  Any other result, though, and the questions start: if Thomas reclaims the starting role, how does Rask respond?  If Rask is the starter, how does he hold up under the starter's work-load?  Does he play well enough that Thomas seems expendable - and so tradeable?  What's the over/under on Jim Carey Price comparisons?

9. Milan Lucic - Is there a player on this team with a bigger spectrum?  At the low end of his spectrum, Lucic is a high-end fourth line energy player who looks to replicate "the Shift" every time he's on the ice - look for the big hit, generate energy, beat down anyone who objects.  At the top end of his spectrum, he's a monster - skilled enough to play with top players, capable of forcing turnovers and making good, crisp, accurate passes to the open player in space; playing top line minutes means he's making life painful for first-pairing defenders; goes hard to the net and knows what to do when he gets there; absolutely a leader and potential captain who stands in front of the media and takes the bullets for the team, but still gives emotionally credible answers.  This is year 4; the injuries should be behind him, so the Bruins will be expecting the top end more regularly now that that $4M contract kicks in.

10. (tie) Marc Savard/Matt Hunwick - Savard, if he stays in Boston, is coming off of his worst points/game season in five years.  If he doesn't regain his form, that $4M/year that looked like such a cap bargain could become a handcuff.  The Bruins are in good shape to cover another down season from Savard, though - so much so that they seem to think they don't need him. Better to have him and have him get his game back to full speed.  Hunwick is another of the D in a make-or-break year. This is the last year of a contract that frankly, he never earned.  He had a strong half-season, but he's been no better on average than the seventh defenseman on this team.  He got paid on the assumption that, with his speed and puck skills, he could evolve into the offensive influence that could work into the top four D.  That hasn't happened.  With Wideman in Florida, Hunwick is second in line for assuming some of Wideman's role as D to O transition player.  He has to show more of the good Wideman and less of the brain cramp Dennis.  As with Seidenberg and Boychuk, if he fails to deliver offense from the blueline, the roster may have to be altered mid-season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

If you're calling it "most important", my list is a bit different than "most valuable", which, based on the explanations, is where others have gone.  For me, "most important" means that the level of their performance will have a huge effect on the season.  Valuable would be the quality of the team with that player vs. without that player.  Given that interpretation: 1. Nathan Horton - lots of talk about his desire to play for a good organization, a playoff team, and how that would get the best out of him.  Okay...show me.  35 goals and/or at least 70 points would give the Bruins the go-to winger they lacked all of last year. 2 . Michael Ryder - More and more, it looks like Ryder will either be a cap sacrifice or the guy people will say should have been sacrificed instead of Savard.  Another sub-20 goal season would be a disaster.  A return to '08-'09 form and the Bruins should have close to 60 goals from the top two RWs. 3. Blake Wheeler - Reasons are done to death, so in short, he either has a Kessel-like breakout year as a LW on the top two lines or they shop him for help at the deadline to a non-contender looking to unload a veteran with playoff savy.  [no surprise the first three play the wing....] 4 . Johnny Boychuk - The Bruins are counting on JB to play like a top four defenseman.  If you consider only his playoff minutes, that's not a huge stretch.  If you consider that he probably won't play with Chara, and that this will be his first October as a full time NHL player, then he still has plenty to prove. 5 . Mark Stuart - Much the same with Stu, this is his make or break year as a top four D.  He's eligible for UFA next year - players who are 27 or who have that much service time need to put up or shut up.  Potential is no longer part of the equation. 6. Tyler Seguin - Bruins are a significantly different team if he makes the club (on merit) than if he doesn't.  His high-end skills and speed are far superior to anyone else the Bruins might play in that roster spot. A Duchene/Tavares like 40+ points would have made him a top-5 scorer on this roster last year, top-4 among forwards, and 44+ would have dropped him right into 3rd. 7 . Dennis Seidenberg - There's a lot of pressure on this guy to be the player the Bruins saw over his first 10 games.  He'll be the first guy asked to replace some of Wideman's offensive push.  If he can't do that, Chiarelli might be forced to make other moves mid-season to tweak the blueline, and that won't be easy. 8 . Tuukka Rask - Could have put him higher - quite easily. He comes into camp as the starter if only because he ended the season as the starter. Thomas is going to challenge him, push him, but the best result here would be both goalies playing their best hockey.  If that happens, Rask's best will make him the starter.  Any other result, though, and the questions start: if Thomas reclaims the starting role, how does Rask respond?  If Rask is the starter, how does he hold up under the starter's work-load?  Does he play well enough that Thomas seems expendable - and so tradeable?  What's the over/under on Jim Carey Price comparisons? 9 . Milan Lucic - Is there a player on this team with a bigger spectrum?  At the low end of his spectrum, Lucic is a high-end fourth line energy player who looks to replicate "the Shift" every time he's on the ice - look for the big hit, generate energy, beat down anyone who objects.  At the top end of his spectrum, he's a monster - skilled enough to play with top players, capable of forcing turnovers and making good, crisp, accurate passes to the open player in space; playing top line minutes means he's making life painful for first-pairing defenders; goes hard to the net and knows what to do when he gets there; absolutely a leader and potential captain who stands in front of the media and takes the bullets for the team, but still gives emotionally credible answers.  This is year 4; the injuries should be behind him, so the Bruins will be expecting the top end more regularly now that that $4M contract kicks in. 10. (tie)  Marc Savard/Matt Hunwick - Savard, if he stays in Boston, is coming off of his worst points/game season in five years.  If he doesn't regain his form, that $4M/year that looked like such a cap bargain could become a handcuff.  The Bruins are in good shape to cover another down season from Savard, though - so much so that they seem to think they don't need him. Better to have him and have him get his game back to full speed.  Hunwick is another of the D in a make-or-break year. This is the last year of a contract that frankly, he never earned.  He had a strong half-season, but he's been no better on average than the seventh defenseman on this team.  He got paid on the assumption that, with his speed and puck skills, he could evolve into the offensive influence that could work into the top four D.  That hasn't happened.  With Wideman in Florida, Hunwick is second in line for assuming some of Wideman's role as D to O transition player.  He has to show more of the good Wideman and less of the brain cramp Dennis.  As with Seidenberg and Boychuk, if he fails to deliver offense from the blueline, the roster may have to be altered mid-season.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I agree 100% about ryder. I had him at 6 and people think its absurd. If Ryder is haaving a good season, chances aare the bruins are too

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

2010-11 season

1.  Chara: immovable object-a must in the new NHL/MIA (injury?) in the playoffs
    2./3.  Rask/Thomas: anointment of Rask just may be premature
    4.  Krecji: master of the deceptive speed game/injury prone?
    5.  Bergeron: solid hockey player who can elevate his game/concussion worries
    6.  Sequin:  need scoring from the young guy/too early no doubt
    7.  Savard: assist man for Horton or whoever/concussion worries
    8.  Horton:  a real hockey town finally/keep the boo birds away when he struggles
    9.  Recchi: old sage leader who dares to say what CJ can't/no real force anymore
    10.  Seidenberg: need a big season from him/puck moving defenseman? not completely sold on the Bs defense

Offense is the key to the year's success!  Please no more injuries!  Puck carrying defenseman wanted! Won't miss Wideman.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bookboy , I notice Chara isn't on your list. I know you have your own interpretations of the question but if Chara's level of performance isn't up to his standards don't you think it will have an effect on the team ? Or if he plays like Superman it will also effect the team positively. No big deal to me with your list , I just would like to know what your thinking is on this. Chara would be #1 on my list going by your criteria.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Good to see some Ryder supporters. Or at least people who IF he stays here hope he comes back. Guy has one bad season and everyone burys him.

I for one hope he stays and can turn it around. If everyone stands as is. If they have a healthy Savard and Krejci and Rydes can go back to 08-09 form. This could be a scary team.