Bruins Press Conference Wed 11:00am

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newswatcher. Show newswatcher's posts

That's awesome, especially Sergeant Zhamnov.

BTW, did anybody hear the short interview with Charlie Jacobs on WBZ a few days ago. I think it was Dave Gaucher who interviewed him. Anyway, when asked what Bruins fans could expect from Peter Chiarelli, Charlie replied:

If I can take a quote from a book, to slice him thinly you get the true measure of the man.

What does that mean and what kinds of freaky books is Charlie reading? My money's on "American Psycho".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pfitz7. Show pfitz7's posts

Thats awsome .Thats sound like an actual Ted Kennedy speech.I think hookering is the only way guys will come back to the Garden.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sriram12078. Show sriram12078's posts

Not sure if I can endorse you baggin on Peter Cetera like that. What did he do to deserve being brought into this? I would start singing a classic, but if it gets stuck in your head, you might drive into oncoming traffic. Yikes. ("if you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me ... ooooohh no baby please don't go!") oh no!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Here's a picture of Sully going to the press conference

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newswatcher. Show newswatcher's posts

drfell,

Is Howie Carr's radio program broadcast in your area? There's a contest he plays with people who call in -- he plays an audio clip from a Ted Kennedy speech and asks callers to count how many uhhhhh's during the speech. First person with the correct answer wins "a crappy CD". It's pretty challenging because Teddy runs them together a lot.

Boston radio is fun. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

I would have been happier if the Globe and Herald ignored the press conference totally. Instead, we get puff pieces like this one:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2006/05/31/introductions_are_in_order/

I hope that it's a no hold barred press conference where the tough questions will be asked, but I'm not holding my breath.

From the article, read it and snicker:

Earlier this month, the junior Jacobs said his family takes very seriously the fans' anger and disappointment at the product, and he said it is shared by everyone associated with the team, from ownership on down.

``I do think it's important in Boston, and particularly that Bruins fans understand what we're trying to do and what we hope to have happen in this transition period," he said. ``It's a real critical time, in my opinion, for the organization, one like we've never faced before."

One area in which Jacobs has vowed improvement is accessibility.

In recent years, the Bruins have taken a beating in terms of public relations, and they want to change that. After losing out on some high-profile free agents -- such as Mike Modano and Peter Forsberg, who reportedly didn't want to play in Boston -- the Bruins scrambled to put together a team in the post-lockout era. Instead of having a Stanley Cup contender, as they promised, their roster had more than its share of overpaid underachievers.

Jacobs has consistently promised better communication, and he believes the team is prepared to turn a corner.

``We've got a lot of changes occurring internally and hopefully soon we'll be able to communicate those to the external [people]," he said. ``There are some principles we're trying to really put our fingers on and say, `This is really what it needs to be about.' We're looking for those in our candidates and hoping to find those attributes.

``It goes without saying a guy has to be able to evaluate skill and all the rest, but there are some parts to this addition that need to be spoken or at least addressed."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Yeah, EN. Then he does a section on Mayor Meninno trying to piece together from one of this speeches exactly what he was trying to say. Run that with one of Harry Sinden's press conferences and call it 'Public Speaking for Idiots'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pfitz7. Show pfitz7's posts

you better be careful if JJ reads your statement he may find a job for you .I can hear it now.(This is a man who clearly gets it charley have Gorton find this man)I cant wait to see how they spin the events of the last few weeks tomorrow.